Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 12th, 2024, 4:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen stuff... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen stuff...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen stuff...  (Read 269 times)
NorCal78
New Board Newbie
USA 

It's not a tumor!

Oxygen stuff...
« on: Mar 7th, 2007, 4:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sorry to plug up the board with a million posts, but I was just wondering, my wife's friend loaned us a tank of o2 for me to use until I can get a prescription and I called around looking for a face mask at a few medical supply companies and they all told me that face masks are available only with a prescription.  I've heard alot of good things about clustermasx but noticed that no RX is needed to order one of those...my question is, is there other places to get a mask without a prescription? if so where might these places be? I have no problem ordering a clustermasx one but I'm afraid it won't arrive in time for me to get some use out of it before this cycle ends.  I would gladly pay for a mask if I new I could get it overnighted or preferrably run to a store and pick one up.

---NorCal78
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

Re: Oxygen stuff...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 6:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A clustermasx is the best to get.

But you can order the general non-rebreather mask here
and I believe they will ship overnight without a prescription. Check it out:  http://www.goldenhourmed.com/itemdetail-oxygen_mask_high_concentration_n on_rebreather_description___oxygen_mask_high_concentration_non_rebreather_mask-b85.htm
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 8:33am »

You can also find them on e-bay. As for a regulator, send a PM to Mr. Happy, he may be able to help you out.

But get the clustermasx, it's the best one available. Don't even bother looking for anything else.
IP Logged
jmc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 11:17am »

I just got an O2 setup bt only have the regular mask they provided me at Praxair, it's not a non-rebreather.  Should I even bother with it or would it just be a waste of O2.

I ordered a clustermasx but it won't get here for a few days I'm sure.

Thanks again for all the help around here, you guys are invaluable.

Jerod
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 11:20am »

NorCal,
I too needed a prescription to get my first non-rebreather mask.  Must be a Calif. thing.

Last year I bought a high flow regulator and a couple of non-rebreathers on EBay.

Regular maks may work but you'd have to inhale slowly to get 100% O2 and not suck air in around the edge of the mask.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss