Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 11th, 2024, 2:18am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen Bars... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen Bars...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen Bars...  (Read 997 times)
NorCal78
New Board Newbie
USA 

It's not a tumor!

Oxygen Bars...
« on: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So my boss, who is the owner of the company I work for (and a very rich fellow  Cool ) I found out has an oxygen bar at his mansion, he's aware of my condition and after talking with him he's agreed to let me take it home.  From what he's said it produces the oxygen on it's own and dispenses 97% pure o2.  Thankful as I am, I started to wonder if the 97% purity of the o2 was high enough.  Reading posts on here have indicated that the o2 should be 100% pure and be used at high liters /minute rates, is this going to be enough to help with the CH?
I've had a fair to good experience with o2  in the last 2 weeks, but I have been borrowing and regulator from a friend of my wife and have no more left in the tank    ...Any input would be great!

--NorCal78
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:32pm by NorCal78 » IP Logged
Paul98

Email

Re: Oxygen Bars...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I doubt if going from 100% to 97% would make a difference.  As long as you have a high flow rate it should work if O2 works for you.  (O2 doen not work for everyone.)

-P.
IP Logged
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:58pm »

It's almost impossible to achieve 100% O2 due to the processes involved.  98% is what BOC (in the UK) claim at best for home use, so 97% (as Paul says) should be good.

Most of the percentage can be lost in the the dispense mechanism though - make sure you've a clustermarx Smiley

-Lee
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 2:19pm »

on Mar 6th, 2007, 1:58pm, LeeS wrote:
It's almost impossible to achieve 100% O2 due to the processes involved.  98% is what BOC (in the UK) claim at best for home use, so 97% (as Paul says) should be good.

Most of the percentage can be lost in the the dispense mechanism though - make sure you've a clustermarx Smiley

-Lee

Clustermarx? Shut up Groucho  Roll Eyes  

www.clustermasx.com is where you'll find the rolls royce of O2 masks, I wouldn't be without my one!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 5:39am »

LOL at Gummo-bird Grin

I'm just very careful about any potential copyright infringements Tongue

-Lee
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 7:55am »

on Mar 6th, 2007, 2:19pm, LeLimey wrote:
www.clustermasx.com is where you'll find the rolls royce of O2 masks, I wouldn't be without my one!

I've got two - one at home, one at the office - and I'm thinking about buying a third for the car.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 2:45pm »

Can the unit you are talking about deliver oxygen at 7 lpm - 15 lpm?  If not, you're liable to just frustrate yourself more than anything else.  Non-rebreather masks don't work well below 10 lpm, unless you are able to control your breathing in the midst of an attack - at least that is my experience.  

IP Logged
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 2:55pm »

What Gator said.  
The normal oxygen bar is just a home oxygen generator.
They are good for perhaps 3lpm.

We have discussed these here before, but came to the conclusion the only way they would provide the flow needed to abort a CH is to hook several of them up in parallel.

Check ebay for 'oxygen generator'.  You will see all kinds.  Chemical ones, electric ones, used electric ones.
Back a year or two ago when we discussed it some guy had a bunch of used ones for something low, like $200 each shipped.  We figured it would cost $800-$1000 to service your CH needs (4 or 5 units in parallel).
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 7th, 2007, 3:36pm »

The generator will have 97% output. This will not be immediate, it does take sometime for this type of equipment to get to 97% by then its too late.
Hope it works for you as this is better than an empty bottle.
hang tough
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
NorCal78
New Board Newbie
USA 

It's not a tumor!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 9th, 2007, 4:20am »

thanks for the imput, I still haven't seen the unit itself so I have no idea what the output is...sounds to me like it's just too good to be true.  I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that it works but after using o2 a few times I realize that 15lpm is the only way to go, and nothing below that even comes close!  I will report any results - good or bad when (and if) i ever get this thing.

--NC78
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 14th, 2007, 4:31pm »

I just got one of these yesterday from Paxair instead of the large tanks.  From what the guy said they needed to hook 2 together in order to get the 15 lpm flow that is needed.  So far it's working great and I don't have to worry about running out of O2.  I do have one M tank for a back up.  I can even better control the LPM on this machine.  With the tanks I could only do 10 or 15 lpm with that regulater.

Best of luck.  I've been a clusterhead for over 26 yrs and this is the first time that any neuro gave me a script for O2.

Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss