Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 14th, 2024, 12:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Flaxseed Oil »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Flaxseed Oil
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Flaxseed Oil  (Read 325 times)
Grandma_Dizzie
New Board Newbie

NOTW

Flaxseed Oil
« on: Feb 18th, 2007, 4:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Does anyone know anything about flaxseed oil being good for bad for CH?  My husband WAS a chronic CH sufferer for a bazillion years - not being able to go more than a couple of days without a CH.  Between lots of prayers, a working combo of meds and retiring and moving - he all of a sudden has gone 8 months without a CH - praise God!  He just got a CH and I am wracking my brain trying to figure out what happened.  The only thing different is we started taking flaxseed oil capsules a couple of days ago - and I am wondering if that has anything to do with the headache.  
Does anyone have any good or bad experience with flaxseed and CH?  Thanks...
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

Re: Flaxseed Oil
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2007, 10:07am »

Tried flaxseed oil awhile back (4 years ago) for my menopause symptoms-didn't work for those and didn't affect my CH either....hmmmm....may just have been his time .  Sorry to hear your husband is getting hit again, welcome to the site.
PFDAN y'all,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Kirk
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

VINIMUS, VIDIMUS, DOLAVIMUS

161860987 161860987   kirk_jones511   krkevrtt
Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 10:26am »

I take Flaxseed oil myself for about 4 years now. It doesn't seem to have affected my CH so far.
I'm very sorry to hear the attacks have returned.
IP Logged

Grandma_Dizzie
New Board Newbie

NOTW

« Reply #3 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 10:33am »

Thanks so much for everyone's replies and concern.  I don't post on this message board very often, but as a spouse of a CH sufferer - you guys will never know how much this site and all of your comments and your degree of care and concern for those who suffer means! I have spent many hours over the year looking around this site and reading all the stuff!  The help and information is priceless...

I guess it was just a fluke or coincidence that the CH headache happened right when starting flaxseed oil.  So far, he hasn't had another - so we are back to counting anew the headache free days!
IP Logged
limeandcuervo
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 8:18pm »

Grandma, I'm new here as far as posting but have been reading for quite a while. Don't want to jinx ya but maybe the pf time was do to your move? I haven't read anything about this but I moved about 5yrs ago and went for a year without a hit and taking no meds(I'm chronic). I certainly hope that your hubby is just not gonna have anymore, just wanted to share my experience.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss