Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 15th, 2024, 2:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen Concentrator Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen Concentrator Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen Concentrator Question  (Read 386 times)
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Oxygen Concentrator Question
« on: Feb 15th, 2007, 6:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was considering the purchase of an oxygen concentrator capable of delivery of at least 10 liters of O2 per minute—which appears to be my ideal consumption with the clustermasx.  I have spent enough money on refills during my last cycle that I probably could have bought one.  Typically during the midpoint of my cycles I use between 7,000-9,000 liters O2 per week.
Do any of you use a concentrator?  If so, any suggested brand/source of the equipment?  Are these things fairly reliable---lots of maintenance?
Thanks………..

John
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: Oxygen Concentrator Question
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 1:35pm »

John,
Again there are differences of opinion here. I tried concentrators. First one, and then two in conjunction.
I found that they work,but are not as reliable as the bottled.
They take five min. or so to ramp up to 90 to 94%. This was not quick enough for me and failed to abort half the time. Switching them on they put out 70% initially and then gradually increase in concentration to 94%. Not good enough for me. Any they are a noisy bulky piece of crap. .but thats just  me.
good luck
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Oxygen Concentrator Question
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 2:56pm »

on Feb 15th, 2007, 1:35pm, thebbz wrote:
John,
Again there are differences of opinion here. I tried concentrators. First one, and then two in conjunction.
I found that they work,but are not as reliable as the bottled.
They take five min. or so to ramp up to 90 to 94%. This was not quick enough for me and failed to abort half the time. Switching them on they put out 70% initially and then gradually increase in concentration to 94%. Not good enough for me. Any they are a noisy bulky piece of crap. .but thats just  me.
good luck
jb

Thanks jb,

I had wondered about the 94% versus the 100% bottled.  Five minute would be too much for me also.  Back to the drawing board Sad

John
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss