Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 11th, 2024, 6:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Red Bull Actually Worked »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Red Bull Actually Worked
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Red Bull Actually Worked  (Read 364 times)
jmc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Red Bull Actually Worked
« on: Feb 14th, 2007, 10:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Happy to report that I successfully aborted what was shaping up to be a real bastard with a quickly slammed can of Red Bull.  I couldn't believe it worked, after about 15 to 20 minutes (all the while cursing Red Bull for a variety of reasons) it evaporated completely.  It was my first time to try it and i was shocked, what a freakin' relief... I'm so glad I found this site.

Just wanted to tell someone.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Red Bull Actually Worked
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 10:30am »

I love the feeling of power every time I discover a new way to kick his ass! Congrats and heres hoping to continued success!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 10:34am »

It's quite a shock when it works and you just couldn't believe it could isn't it?!

I can still remember aborting my first hit with O2 (well not my FIRST hit but you know what I mean!) I wanted to rush out nd stop people in the street and tell them, it was such a - miracle. Simply no other way to describe it and Red Bull was the same although I have to say, it tastes like sheet!

The key for me is to chug it as fast as I can as early as I can. For those who find gallumphing fizzy drinks fast you can leave it open in the fridge to go flat. Still tastes vile but it does the trick and you don't get that gassy pain!

I'm really pleased for you
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 11:10am »

I keep one or two 4 packs in my desk at the office at all times.  

Just this morning, I had to chug one, because a co-worker used a hand lotion that for some reason the scent was starting to trigger me.  

I can still feel a slight shadow lingering in there, but thats much preferable to hiding in the conferance room with a full blown hit.

I find the taste easier to deal with when the Red Bull is room temp. and easier to chug faster as well.  YMMV
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 11:41am »

Soft drinks as medicine.

Who'd a thunk it? Grin
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
midwestbeth
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 2:42pm »

If one can doesn't kill the beast, chug one more.  
I'm never with out red bull or the many variations (cheaper) there are out there.  Glad to hear it helped you.

Beth
IP Logged

Do more than exist - live
Do more than touch - feel
Do more than look - observe
Do more than read - absorb
Do more than hear - listen
Do more than listen - understand
~ John Rhodes
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 2:52pm »

I like the Mountian Dew, I can slam one 16 oz in about 5 seconds. First choice for success and best in show for economy is coffee. Cheap and fast.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
froggy
New Board Veteran
USA 

Don't rain on my parade

« Reply #7 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 4:39pm »

Tony uses Monster Khaos, the taste is so much better than Red Bull.  

So glad that this works for anyone.
IP Logged

froggy
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 14th, 2007, 4:55pm »

I would guess its only people like us who can appreciate that something so simple can be such a powerful weapon and not break the bank.  

IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
duckie
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Go Duckies

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 3:36am »

New to the red bull & love the red bull but have a question.  I sculled it this morning, empty stomach, and it shortened the CH but left me feeling absolutely horrid and shakey.  Anyone else have this?   Do i have to try and eat something before the red bull?   Undecided

Lii
IP Logged
jmc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 10:37am »

I sometimes get jittery when I drink coffee or eat vitamins on an empty stomach so I would guess the caffiene and B vitamins in RB could do the same.

Last night, the RB knocked down my CH but it never fully went away for approx. 5 or 6 hours when I slammed another one in aggrevation.  Still an unbelievable success, but not as good as the night before.  It got me thinking, will we build a tolerance to the effects of RB and eventually it will lose some of it's effectiveness?

Thanks again for the support guys.
IP Logged
froggy
New Board Veteran
USA 

Don't rain on my parade

« Reply #11 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 10:52am »

JMC, you stole the words right from me  Tongue  Tony feels funky if he does have to take it on an empty stomach.  I would imagine it's real comprable to drinking a few cups of coffee with vitamins first thing in the morning.

Duckie, great to hear it worked!  Hopefully you'll be able to "tweak" the system so you can get the drink down with no problems.  Have you read the thread "2 Red Bulls"?
IP Logged

froggy
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #12 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 12:32pm »

on Feb 15th, 2007, 3:36am, duckie wrote:
New to the red bull & love the red bull but have a question.  I sculled it this morning, empty stomach, and it shortened the CH but left me feeling absolutely horrid and shakey.  Anyone else have this?   Do i have to try and eat something before the red bull?   Undecided

Lii

It works faster on an empty stomach, but will still work if you've eaten something.

When I get hit, it happens fast. Like within 5 minutes fast. I'm usually not thinking about whether or not I should have something to eat. Horrid and shakey with no CH is better than a delightfully calm body and a head full of raging fire.

One other thing - some people, myself included, actually like the taste of Red Bull. Many of the other energy drinks taste sickeningly sweet to me. Red Bull, Red Thunder, and Rockstar all taste drier and more refreshing to me.

Taste is a subjective thing.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 15th, 2007, 7:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Feb 14th, 2007, 11:41am, Brewcrew wrote:
Soft drinks as medicine.

Who'd a thunk it? Grin

Don't tell the drug companies....  the price will skyrocket...

I'm a fan of Mt. Dew...
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2007, 7:06pm by Tony3901 » IP Logged
duckie
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Go Duckies

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 7:17am »

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure i wasn't going nuts.  I was told to give up coffee when they were trying to diagnose me 5 years ago and I think that must of contributed to the shakes.

To froggy - yep checked the 2 red bulls thread, but with a very low tolerance to caffeine at the moment, one seems to do fine.  No doubt i'll be chugging 2 in no time  Grin

To brewcrew - I agree, I can handle shakey and horrid if it means the beast retreats back into his cave faster.  Who really has time when the beast is knocking to think 1. I must eat, 2. Then scull Red Bull, 3. Assume the position and wait for the beast to leave.

PF vibes to you all.

Lii
IP Logged
jmc
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 10:55am »

Huh
Well, the other foot dropped last night.  2 red bulls back to back couldn't abort it and it turned into an agonizing kip 9 that lasted for about 3 hours.  Nearly went to the ER, but was able to ride it out.  I really need to get Imitrex and some O2 ASAP.  Sorry if you guys are already sick of reading me bitch and moan.  

I wish you all PFDANs.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 2:49pm »

By all means bitch and moan. It is known by some that caffeine is a double edged sword. It sometimes simply delays the inevitable. Use the imitrex,o2 and other abortives in the evening and night. Save the caffeine and others for the day. Evenually you will increase your daily intake of caffeine to a level that does no good. It will actually make the HA worse, and some believe begin a cycle of rebounds. So mix it up.
all the best
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
froggy
New Board Veteran
USA 

Don't rain on my parade

« Reply #17 on: Feb 16th, 2007, 3:53pm »

At only "8" posts to your name, we ain't heard nothin' yet laugh

Hang in there
IP Logged

froggy
Russ_T
New Board Newbie
USA 

One day at a time

« Reply #18 on: Feb 17th, 2007, 3:34am »

I have found that Rock Star works for me but as it has been said, probably not the choice of drinks for the evening. It is 3:30 a.m., the beast came knocking early and I slammed a 16 oz. Rockstar.  Now I fear I am up for the day.  Oh well it beats walking the beast around the house.

I am glad that I found this site, using the soft drink as an abortive med works for me and I don't have to plead with my neurologist and fight with the insurance comapnies to get prescription abortives.

Thanks to all you CH'ers, I have found someone who understands.
IP Logged

Russ
Ob1kanobee
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #19 on: Feb 17th, 2007, 7:28pm »

I drink Red Bull when a hit comes on and thought I would try the Diet version to avoid the sugar rush as well. I hate diet anything but the Diet Red Bull was not bad. I will drink the Diet version from now on to avoid a full blown hit or a hit altogether if I'm lucky.  

The secret is drinking it before the beast even gets a chance to put his claws into you, You have to be fast, real fast!
IP Logged
mac194
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Feb 19th, 2007, 3:57pm »

I am a newbie to this board, and it is great to learn new ways to try and squash the beast. I too tried the red bull when I saw the post, and IT WORKED! I only try it one to two times a day (or night), and is has about a 50% sucess rate for me. 50% is better than nothing! Thanks for the info.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 4:24am »

Mac and everyone else - the key to making red bull work is to take it at the first hint of trouble. The longer you delay the less it will work so chug it as fast as you can people!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

stressedchef
New Board Newbie
USA 

I feel for you all........

Email

« Reply #22 on: Feb 27th, 2007, 1:49am »

HI everyone I just wanted to say this worked for me as well I was awokin by the beast, a building K6 I ran to refrigitor a slammed the red bull for complete relief in about 10 min......couldnt sleep......but very happy never the less......
..........Wishing you all the best...Isaac
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #23 on: Feb 27th, 2007, 12:55pm »

I'm game.... What the heck is Red Bull, and where do I find it?

O2 for me works the same way, get on it at the very first instant or dance....
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
froggy
New Board Veteran
USA 

Don't rain on my parade

« Reply #24 on: Feb 27th, 2007, 1:45pm »

Red Bull/Monster Khaos drinks are still working great BUT the thing I've noticed with Tony is he has to dry out every couple of days or so.  The tolerance seems to build up.

Believe me, if O2 did it for him, he'd go for that first.  I suppose Red Bull is easier to transport than an oxygen set up.
IP Logged

froggy
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss