Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 13th, 2024, 4:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu ??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu ???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu ???  (Read 763 times)
Pfunk
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Kudzu ???
« on: Jan 24th, 2007, 12:00am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just started taking Kudzu this week and was wondering any of those who are taking it could give me some info.  Such as: how much?  How often? And how long should it take before I see results?

Pfunk
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 12:05am »

Hey, pfunk. I hope the kudzu works well for you.  Smiley
Here are FAQs for your review.
http://www.kudzubusters.com/KudzuFAQs.doc

pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Ob1kanobee
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 12:45am »

I saw results with Kudzu within one week of taking it and I was not taking anything else, nor have I ever, except OTC stuff like excedrin, so I had a pretty clean slate to start with. (just follow the Kudzu advice from Nani)

I am almost willing to bet the farm on the Kudzu. Otherwise I would suspect I am having a weak cycle or a short one (don't want to jinx myself here).

I also increased my fluid intake of water mixed with a little cranberry juice like 1 to 3 ratio. I am sure I was not drinking enough fluids before. I couldn't exactly follow that 3x water treatment, but I was seeing positive results anyway so why bother I figured.  

Right now I just hope my cycle is ending, the last couple days, shadows have been much less.  

Kudzu Rocks! O2 is great (if done properly)! I have a reason to drink Red Bull without Vodka (have a bottle of Grey Goose in the cabinet waiting for me)!

P.S. I don't know how Kudzu may or may not interfere with those meds you are on? Better see what some of the others say.....
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29th, 2007, 12:13am »

Give it time to get in your system good.    

It seems to work best if you take it at the same time every day.   Take the same dosage every day also.

Kudzu worked great for me.   The first couple weeks were a bit tough...but after that...it was smooth sailing.

Keep in mind, it won't stop all the hits...but for me, the Zu sure changed intensity and also shortened the length of time of my hits.

Doesn't work for everyone....Hopefully it'll work for you.

Good luck,

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Bent
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 4:35pm »

Last year I used kudzu with tremendous success. This year it hasn't worked, neither has Imitrex spray, which did work before I discovered Kudzu. I've been taking Nature's Way, 600 mg, two of them, three times a day. I just recently started taking Lunesta for insomnia, can this impact the sleep cycle and make the CH's worse? Has anyone had great sucess with kudzu and then had failure on the next cycle?
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 21st, 2007, 8:21pm »

It's always a possibility that what once worked for an individual, may not work the next round.

This has happened with triptans, OTC meds, and 02.  You may just have to stay with it longer than before, not sure.

Good luck to ya,

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:34am »

Does anyone know how this plant is prepared? When it is harvested, and which parts of the plant are used?
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:14am »

This is a very good article, and even mentions CH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu

I took Kudzu for 9 months....best thing I ever did for my CH.

Jean

IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 1:07pm »

Thank you Jean, That is a keeper for sure. I saw this plant crossing the country on my way back east, pretty much everywhere in TN Ky and Nc.

I don't like store bought stuff much but since I am in NH just now (home), I'l see about the health food stores, and see if I can get a a plant another time. Seems to me one indoor plant might be a supply for a heck of a long time...

It was a serious error in the south loose eh?
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Feb 22nd, 2007, 8:51pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:34am, Mac_Muz wrote:
Does anyone know how this plant is prepared? When it is harvested, and which parts of the plant are used?

It's the root that contains the helpful stuff. Tea can be made from steeping the root. Trouble is, you can't really monitor the amount of "medicinal" properties with tea. If you take it for CH, supplements are probably best. What won't work at all is kudzu starch, which is sold as a food product in health food stores. If you can't find supplements locally, try online at vitacost, or iherb.
pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Feb 23rd, 2007, 3:06pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2007, 1:07pm, Mac_Muz wrote:

It was a serious error in the south loose eh?

Damn straight it was    Grin   Kudzu loves the atmospheric conditions the South has to offer.   Folks are tryin' to kill the stuff.     laugh

By the way Mac, you should order the Kudzu online, you get it for half the price of the Health/Vitamin stores.

Sending my best to ya,

Jean
IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 23rd, 2007, 3:33pm »

iherb.com is good.

Charlotte
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 9:32pm »

on Feb 23rd, 2007, 3:06pm, TxBasslady wrote:

Damn straight it was    Grin   Kudzu loves the atmospheric conditions the South has to offer.   Folks are tryin' to kill the stuff.     laugh

By the way Mac, you should order the Kudzu online, you get it for half the price of the Health/Vitamin stores.

Sending my best to ya,

Jean

Oh yeah cheaper on line eh? Did someone tell I am of Scott decent er what? I'm so cheap I save the dirt on my jeans! I am still lookin for a use for it.....

Now it is spring like sorta, ain't it down south?? Why I even have a wee bit O' mud peeking thru the ICE....

I had the idea I could hop on my bike, and be in Kudzu land for no more than a fun ride, and maybe 18 hours time, to get my own, since nobody wants it....

It looked like something I could wrap all around me and then ride back up here ta' new hampster with cheaper than free if you don't count the fresh air I'ld get ridin....

If I got lucky I could plant one or two in a pot on the wondow sill...... I sure wouldn't want that stuff loose here, even if winter might get it....

Ok so I am making an attempt to be amusing, so far as I can tell there is no law against that yet... But thank you, and I will see about getting some. Mac
IP Logged

TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Feb 26th, 2007, 12:56am »

on Feb 24th, 2007, 9:32pm, Mac_Muz wrote:

Now it is spring like sorta, ain't it down south?? Why I even have a wee bit O' mud peeking thru the ICE....

Yep, it seems to be springtime in Texas.   Temps have been up the 80's the last few days with lots of sunshine.

My first bass tournament is coming up this Saturday (3rd)..   Went out for a while this evening and caught 5 nice bass, and never got outta sight of the house.   When they move up in the canal here by the house, that's a good sign of springtime and they're moving in for the spawn.

This is my favorite time of the year!

Jean

IP Logged

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Feb 26th, 2007, 1:07pm »

I hope yer not out snortin crawdad mud nests to allieviate the pain... Shocked (I saw these in Texas and Arkansaw)

Spring is a tad early here. I am nearly ready to harvest rocks from the drive into this place..The frost pushes them up to the surface. In Feburary, like yesterday it was 54 degrees! First ever since I have sucked air....

We get "Cabin Fever" which creates an insane mood, and I was out there bustin ice so I might get to ride my bike a bit earlier than ever before....

I have been PF for 3 nights, but I got a shadow right now.....   Embarassed  

I'ld go get a beer and skulk in a corner, but then I know what happens next....

Hpoin you were not in the recent storms, and are just fine!  Mac
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss