Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 7:37pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my taurine is here! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   my taurine is here!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my taurine is here!  (Read 765 times)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

my taurine is here!
« on: Nov 29th, 2006, 5:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So the can I've been waiting for is finally here. Smiley  

It's 500mg taurine supplement and it says in the box that take one tablet a day.

Now, before I begin taking taurine, is there something specific I should know?

I'm not taking other meds nor waiting it to help just like that.

Best wishes,
Sanna

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2006, 6:02am by sandie99 » IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

floridian

Email

Re: my taurine is here!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 7:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 29th, 2006, 5:57am, sandie99 wrote:
So the can I've been waiting for is finally here. Smiley  

It's 500mg taurine supplement and it says in the box that take one tablet a day.

Now, before I begin taking taurine, is there something specific I should know?

I'm not taking other meds nor waiting it to help just like that.

Best wishes,
Sanna

You've been drinking Red Bull, eh Sanna? Each Red Bull has 1000 mg of Taurine ... 2 of the tablets.  The tablets have less sugar, less caffeine, less B-vitamins.  

I have a minor psychological issue along these lines - no problem downing a Red Bull, but a reluctance to take a taurine capsule - the capsules 'medify' things!    
IP Logged
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 7:15am »

Hi Sanna,
 I have been drinking RedBull pretty regularly for awhile, not for CH because I am epiosdic but because I Like the stuff, especially mixed with some grapefruit juice.
 I did just start another cycle and added Taurine. My daily intake is probably around 6,000 mg. of Taurine. 1/2 tabs and 1/2 Redbull
 Taurine by itself doesn't seem to have the same affect as Redbull, Taurine with strong coffee works almost as well. But When a hit is coming a Redbull along with 1,000 mg. taurine seems to be the best.  
Maybe its the immediate affect of the liguid and the prolonged affect of absorbing the capsules.
 One thing I have noticed is that the hits take much longer to ramp up and aren't as severe as before when they do break through.
Like you I haven't taken anything else (accept a couple rounds of RC seeds)
So far so good.
Good luck!!
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 8:38am »

Sanna, good luck with your Taurine trial.  I hope both you and Karma will keep us up to date with how it all progresses using the supplements.

Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29th, 2006, 9:00am »

Sanna,
Good luck with the taurine tablets!  Like Flo said, each Red Bull is 1,000 mg of taurine plus caffeine-so you may want to take them with strong coffee or tea.  Apparently there are problems with taurine when taking verapamil-since you don't shouldn't be an issue.  Let us know how it works, okay?  I had to stop taking mine becasue I am on verapamil-I still drink energy drinks but have cut back and didn't want to overdo with the tablets also.  
PFDAN y'all,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 5:53am »

F,

I don't have any recluctance in starting taurine tabs (I would have never got them if I did), I actually cannot wait to start! Cheesy Because energy drinks help me, it made me wonder if taurine alone could help me as well.

I started this thread because I wanted to find out if there is something I should know about taurine tabs from those who have taken it before me.  

With other meds I was refering to vermin, verpamil, imitrex, topamax...etc.

Best wishes & PF days,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2006, 10:11am »

Sanna,
I've never heard of vermin as a treatment for CH...is that like rats and lice and other varmits? How does one dose with those?  OM gosh the posiblitlites are endless.... laugh
I really hope the taurine tabs work for ya-I did get B vits and magnesium also and still take those and another ingredient was L-carnitine.  I just picked the top three or so ingredients of the Rock Star.

Warmest wishes and prayers for PFDAN
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 3rd, 2006, 4:08am »

Hi Sandie
Good to hear you got your Taurine; how many in the container, mine come as 60 in the container and I take 3 x 500 mg a day at meal times along with amino acid chelated Magnesium 500 mg.

If you have the same experience as me you will find that it takes some time to get into your system and start to make any difference.
It took around 3 months before I got any noticeable relief I started on 14/04/2006 and got small periods of PF time until 23/08/06 to 2/10/06 before I got a 39 day break and now I’m currently sitting on 56 days without getting hit.
I still shadow to varying degrees but they are really only nuisance and have had a few try to ramp up but got nowhere.
What I have found is that you have to take them regularly or you may start to shadow badly
I have read as much as I can find about Taurine but can’t come up with any reason as to why it works but it is working for me, I wish you luck.

Cheers
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss