Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 30th, 2024, 7:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 7 'Jabs' in last 20 hours »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   7 'Jabs' in last 20 hours
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 7 'Jabs' in last 20 hours  (Read 516 times)
UN solved

Email

7 'Jabs' in last 20 hours
« on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

0h oh ! It's happening again !!  Undecided  I'm needing bigger doses of Imitrex to stop the attacks. The 3 and 4 mg injections I have been using for so long have become ineffective.  

Today: 4 attacks (so far):
Attack #1 --> 4mg (relief within 40 minutes  Lips Sealed ) [ 1 jab ]
Attack #2 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [ 2 jabs ]
Attack #3 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [2 jabs ]
Attack #4 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [2 jabs ]

I'm headed to the pharmacy to pick up some vials !!!  

UNsolved  Undecided
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: 7 'Jabs' in last 20 hours
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Nov 23rd, 2006, 8:25pm, UN solved wrote:
0h oh ! It's happening again !!  Undecided  I'm needing bigger doses of Imitrex to stop the attacks. The 3 and 4 mg injections I have been using for so long have become ineffective.  

Today: 4 attacks (so far):
Attack #1 --> 4mg (relief within 40 minutes  Lips Sealed ) [ 1 jab ]
Attack #2 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [ 2 jabs ]
Attack #3 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [2 jabs ]
Attack #4 --> 6-7mg (relief within 5 minutes  Smiley )  [2 jabs ]

I'm headed to the pharmacy to pick up some vials !!!  

UNsolved  Undecided

Hiya Michael,

Is it possible that an increase in frequency is occuring due to "overuse"?
I hope not and sure as hell hope you are not going through a resistant period!!!
Is there anything else other than the jabs and the DHE treatments that you can use to abort?
Oxygen is ineffective correct?
Zyprexa did not work?
and  
Preventatives are useless for ya ?

I'm sorry buddy!!!
I wish a break will come your way and really wish you could give your body a rest!

I'd take them from you if I could!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
UN solved

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 9:11pm »

Thanks E   Wink

Sure, the increase in frequency may be related to the Imitrex. Who knows for sure ? It's the ONLY thing that will stop an attack after it has started though. It's a vicious cycle.  Undecided

DHE won't abort for me ... but will prevent attacks if I take 2mg per day. I'll be starting that again Tuesday in Chicago. (along with more Histamine)

O2 has always been ineffective for me  Undecided

Zyprexa didn't help any. I tried it like 4 or 5 times and suffered through the atacks.

Preventatives that work are steroids. I've been using the heck out of them though (too much). I'm down to 40mg of Prednisone per day and it's NOT enough. The docs don't even wanting me doing steroids now because I've been on them so much lately. I started my own taper out of desperation.  Lips Sealed Everytime I get to a lowered dose, the attacks restart !  Undecided

Gotta hold out a few more days for some DHE !!

UNsolved
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 9:13pm »

Best to you my brother!!!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 9:28pm »

On the Prednisone taper I had gotten whacked 3 out of 4 times.  That's why I don't use it anymore.  That might account for your increased activity and perhaps even your resistance to the imitrex?

Splitting imitrex stat doses has never worked that well with me as I have to take a full shot to be effective.  I have noticed that the more I use imitrex, the more I need it.  Somewhat the same with Zomig, but maybe not quite as bad.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Anyway, best of luck to you.  Hopefully you'll find the right combo soon.

John
IP Logged
BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23rd, 2006, 10:01pm »

Hi Unsolved,

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time  Sad

How did you take the Zyprexa ? I ask because it didnt work immediately for my husband either . He kept trying it anyway every day for about 4,5 days , slowly increasing the dose from 2.5 mg to 5 mg to 10 mg. Then after a couple of days using 10 mg tablet, it suddenly worked and since then it worked for most hits. I would say it works for 90% of hits now. With Zyprexa and oxygen, he only needs to take Imigran ( Trex ) maybe every 2nd or 3rd day for the really bad ones or for when we are out.

Also oxygen didnt work at all for him in the first 2 months until he learnt the proper techniques and started it early enough. A clustermasx with a humidifier plus ice make the oxygen really cold and that works much better too. Even when the oxygen doesnt abort a hit it prevents the pain from ramming up too quickly to allow time for the zyprexa to kick in.

Ice on the neck, eye , temple on the cluster side and also on the lower back on the spine helps to reduce the pain considerably for him too, allowing him to remain calm enough to take slow, deep and regular breaths of oxygen.

Hope you find some relief soon. Painfree wishes to you.

Annette
IP Logged
chopmyheadoff
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

Its only a headache, deal with it - SMACK

« Reply #6 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 2:53am »

dood - fcuk me..

you are one tuff man.
lots of people have a winge now and again and rightly so .  . but you get punished FAR worse than me  Angry and a lot of others on here aswell and we never really hear you moan about it, you keep your cool so well.

hat off to you fella . . id like to offer you words of advice but youve got tons more experience than me so i cant.

but i can say that i respect you and the way you deal with whats being chucked your way. keep the chin up bro, dont let the fcuker beat you

next time im feeling a bit sorry for myself ill kick myself and thank god for the pain free times.

choppa
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 4:27am »

hug hug hug hug hug

I wish you lots of PF time,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

zuesthedog
New Board Newbie
USA 

dont give up dont give in

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 9:46am »

Man I really feel for you. I hope you get through this soon. I know we discussed the use of the tri stim before and you wernt impressed with the response from the Dr. i used. But man your trip through med hell sounds alot like mine did. I couldn`t be happier to be totally med free and pain free. Perhaps you could find a DR. near you that could or would do the procedure. I think I read where you have had nerve blocks with some success. This stim is just a nerve block that you control at your liesure.    Hope you feel better soon    John
IP Logged

zues
UN solved

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26th, 2006, 8:13pm »

That was really weird, but not uncommon @ the same time. Thank goodness I'm back to my regularly scheduled hell. Only took 2 jabs yesterday and 2 jabs today. Turkey Day was a real pain!!  

John - Yes, I remember contacting the doctor about that stim procedure and I couldn't get any information whatsoever.  Huh The only thing they would say was to make an appt and fly down to be seen.  Undecided

Thanks everyone  Smiley

UNsolved
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss