Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 9:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « kudzu (my post from banned from ouch uk thread) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   kudzu (my post from banned from ouch uk thread)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: kudzu (my post from banned from ouch uk thread)  (Read 530 times)
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

kudzu (my post from banned from ouch uk thread)
« on: Nov 10th, 2006, 10:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm responding to the last post in banned from ouch uk thread which I saw in last 10 posts, regarding kudzu.  

Before I started kudzu, I emailed my doc the med.owl article.  We specifically discussed the triptan issue and decided the amount I used was very small  (1/4 tab of maxalt melt about twice a day) compared to persons who had had a problem, that it wouldn't be an issue for me.  

When the neurologist asked me to drop the kudzu and try verapamil once again, I discussed this with my doc who said if the verapamil didn't work out, we could always go back to kudzu.  Well, the verapamil didn't work out for me (nothing big and I've had it checked out and had an ekg and am ok) and I will be using kudzu again.  It is documented in my medical records with the doc and with the neurologist as something I specifically take for my headache (which the neuro couldn't decide was ch or sunct).

I contactrd Dr Sewell and sent in a consent form and a copy of my neuro visit & follow-up and may make it into his kudzu study.

Kudzu may not be for everyone, but it is definitely for me.  It does not prevent but does lower the pain to bearable.  I will be using it in the future.

I was concerned that it might not work when I restarted, based on the experience of some of the testers, but I am using 1 or 2 ml liquid kudzu extract a day right now in a low cycle, and it is again working.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2006, 10:05pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: kudzu (my post from banned from ouch uk thread
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 7:59am »

on Nov 10th, 2006, 10:00pm, Charlotte wrote:
...We specifically discussed the triptan issue and decided the amount I used was very small  (1/4 tab of maxalt melt about twice a day) compared to persons who had had a problem, that it wouldn't be an issue for me.  

Charlotte if you are referring to the person mentioned in some of the other posts then please know that was a fake who hadn't had any kudzu. If it was someone else then I apologise but I wanted to clear that poitn up.

My kudzu experience mimcs yours, it didn't do much to help me but I'm glad i tried it and it HAS helped a lot of other people, its certainly worth consideration with all the usual disclaimers as to each individuals suitability for using it.

I also filled in all Andrew Sewells forms as I have just done again for the RC Seeds, being part of the research is something anyone can do and the more the merrier, in fact this serves as a timely reminder for anyone who has tried Kudzu, LSA, LSD or psilocybin to contact Dr Sewell with a view to sharing your data for the benefit of us all.

I hope this time round it gets you pain free Charlotte  Smiley
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:11am »

Smiley. good luck with the kudzu, charlotte. n sorry for going "off" thread, but how would one join Dr.sewells research? andrew.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:16am »

Andrew just drop him an email - I can pm you his addy now as I finally have it again! I don't want to post it here for spammers to pick up on. He will then send you out the forms for you to fill in and just so everyone knows, in any papers it WILL be anonymous.
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:24am »

Smiley. that will be great. thanks helen. andrew.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 12:15pm »

Char,
Glad to hear your getting some relief. Be it kudzu,shrooms,trex or frogs. Cheesy
Relief by any means is treatment.
all the best  
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss