Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 6th, 2024, 11:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lamictal......preventative »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lamictal......preventative
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lamictal......preventative  (Read 286 times)
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Lamictal......preventative
« on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been on a taper up of this drug for almost 5 weeks now.  Started at 25 mg for 2 weeks, then up to 50 mg then I felt drunk everytime I took it, switched to taking it near bedtime, after almost 2 weeks at 50 mg I adjusted and didn't feel drunk on it, just a bit tired and slightly hung over in the a.m. Tonight I taper up to 100 mg for a week (or two, I'm too lazy to look righ tnow) then I will be at 150 mg to stay.  Seems like when I finally start to adjust to the dose it's time to taper up again GRRR meds suck.  "illegal" shit is looking more and more tempting!

Anyone else have experience with this drug?  What were your side affects if any, and at what dose?
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
unsolved1

Email

Re: Lamictal......preventative
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 5:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I took it years ago and don't remember the dose. I didn't take it for more than a couple of months as I was having a very bad time while on it. I switched doctors and meds soon after.  

Goodluck

UNsolved

PS. You may want to ask your doc about the risk for developing dyskinesia (or tardive dyskinesia) as a result of taking this drug.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 8:37am »

I looked up tardive dyskinesia (more or less repetative involuntary movements) and thus far I don't have that problem.  I just feel almost drunk sometimes, not quite the same as being drunk though.  just sloppy, uncoordinated, a bit slurry (but then again that was one of my new symptoms, slurring of speech, before I was started on this med)

What do you mean by "bad time" on it?
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 3rd, 2006, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

bad time = mulitple, severe daily hits high on the KIP scale Was going on when I started Lamictal and didn't change while on it. Can't say that Lamictal made me worse but it sure didn't help any. Hope you have better luck while on it.

UNsolved
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 4th, 2006, 10:49pm »

I had an allergic reaction to it.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss