Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 7th, 2024, 9:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Red Fly Agaric mushroom »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Red Fly Agaric mushroom
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Red Fly Agaric mushroom  (Read 4058 times)
Don_Juan
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Red Fly Agaric mushroom
« on: Oct 29th, 2006, 5:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a question.  I have had great success with magic mushrooms but was wondering if other kinds would have the same effect in eliminating my headaches.  I am specifically interested in knowing if the Red Fly Agaric Mushroom would help.  I appreciate any information concerning this question.

Don
IP Logged
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

Re: Red Fly Agaric mushroom
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 7:26pm »

Smiley. hello don, iam not sure, sorry fella. have a look at <www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml>. andrew.
IP Logged
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 9:03pm »

There's a well-researched and footnoted article on Amanita muscaria (the red fly agaric) at Wikipedia, containing quite a bit of good information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Wikipedia isn't always a good source, but this entry isn't bad at all.  

Fly Agaric is unscheduled in the US.  I'd be very cautious with Amanita muscaria, however--you're in unknown territory with it as far as I'm aware, and insofar as CH is concerned.

Edited to add:

You may wish to look at Robert Gordon Wasson's paean to the fly agaric mushroom as well--the citation is:

R. G. Wasson, 1968, Soma: Divine Mushroom of Immortality ISBN 0-15-683800-1

Don't know if it's still in print--I saw a first edition copy of it about five or six years ago, and it was fairly spendy.

Best wishes,

George

« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2006, 3:52am by George_J » IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
Carl1958

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 6:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 29th, 2006, 5:52pm, Don_Juan wrote:
I have a question.  I have had great success with magic mushrooms but was wondering if other kinds would have the same effect in eliminating my headaches.  I am specifically interested in knowing if the Red Fly Agaric Mushroom would help.  I appreciate any information concerning this question.

Don

Hello Don,  Flyagaric contain NO Psilocybin/Psilocin, so  would not help with your headaches.

CArl... Cool  
IP Logged
Yorky
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

learn to meditate (or just sit & do nowt)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 3:55pm »

on Oct 29th, 2006, 5:52pm, Don_Juan wrote:

Don
from a recreational input........the flygarick(as we called it twenty yrs ago)..too intense? would not advize anyone to try (but if you are having success/with normal shroom....be  content, if it works, it dont need fixing Wink
IP Logged

today is a gift.....thats why it is called the

present.
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 5:49pm »

No, really...avoid this stuff.

As Carl said, fly agaric has no psilocybin or psilocin, nor any other chemical thought to be helpful for clusters.  And from what I hear, it’s not even a very good high.  

In Amanita muscaria, the active ingredients are ibotenic acid and muscimol, Erowid (http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/) says muscaria can be “psychedelic” for some folks, but at higher doses and to sensitive folks it can be a little toxic, as in a nasty, delerious state, with vomiting.  On top of that, some other Amanita species contain some REAL nasty hepatotoxins that will kill your liver (and therefore, you).  

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
George_J
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

White-Breasted Nuthatch

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 11:42pm »

on Oct 30th, 2006, 5:49pm, tommyD wrote:
On top of that, some other Amanita species contain some REAL nasty hepatotoxins that will kill your liver (and therefore, you).  

-tommyD

Tommy's right.  Notably Amanita phalloides, the "death cap", and Amanita virosa, the "destroying angel".  Thirty grams, or half a cap of either of these is lethal to an adult human being.

Dining on wild mushrooms for any purpose, be it culinary, recreational, or medicinal is not a good practice for anyone who is not absolutely positive of what they have picked.

Best,

George
IP Logged

Ah! The foreigners put on such airs
Wearing the tangerine suits
And their harlequin eyes.
The pain they inspire
Draws in harmonica melodies
And the feathers of birds
Which flame up at their touch.
It all comes to light in the sheer
Debonair.
(Ellen)
youngmichael
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Artist, Episodic CH

« Reply #7 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 8:59pm »

i've heard that they are highly toxic.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss