Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 17th, 2024, 4:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update in case it helps anyone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update in case it helps anyone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update in case it helps anyone  (Read 237 times)
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Update in case it helps anyone
« on: Jul 15th, 2006, 6:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all--

Just wanted to update--started getting breathroughs at night on 9 mg melatonin (although MUCH milder in pain level than the norm) after five sweet nights.  Last night I upped to 12 mg and it woked like a charm--slept through the night--all I had was headache coming on upon waking in morning--but just jumped right up and walked around house pounding a bottle of water and it left--awesome!!!  (I just wanted to note that getting a headache in morning for me on top of the night hits is a normal part of how I cycle and the fact that it didn't get anywhere I attribute to the melatonin).
Just posting in case this can help anyone.  I have always gotten hit viciously at night and I want to throw out info in case someone can use it.  Thinking of you all and wishing you pain free, Starlight
IP Logged
walkertexasranger
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Update in case it helps anyone
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15th, 2006, 10:41pm »

Hey Sis,

That is great, can't beat a full nights sleep!!!!!    

What time are you taking the melatonin in the evening, right before bedtime, or do you give it some time to take effect and make you tired?  

I have been doing better with the pain pounding water and walking around also while waiting for the thing to subside.  I have also added popping a Taurine capsule, 500 mg, right at the onset and maybe it is helping as well.    

Have you ever tried acupuncture?  

Thanks, wishing you PFNAD as well!!!!    

Mark
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2006, 10:42pm by walkertexasranger » IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Update in case it helps anyone
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 1:23pm »

Hey Bro!!!

Hope you had some luck last night!  I take the melatonin about an hour before bed and do go to bed when I am sleepy from it (not sure that is the right way but that's what I do Smiley ).  
I actually did try acupuncture back in my college days.  I went in towards the end of a cycle out of desperation.  It did seem to have a good effect--it seemed like my cycle ended "abruptly" rather than "winding down"--I attributed it to the acupuncture at the time but later on when I saw one of my old neuros I told him about it and he pooh-poohed it--so I never went back.  
Have you ever tried it?  It definitely can't hurt.  
I hope you are doing well today,  
Star
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss