Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 10th, 2024, 8:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Finding Mushrooms???? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Finding Mushrooms????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Finding Mushrooms????  (Read 498 times)
JimLaff
New Board Junior
USA 

OH CRAP!!!!!

pennjim123  

Finding Mushrooms????
« on: Jun 29th, 2006, 4:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I would really like to try the mushroom method described on clusterbuster. My only problem is being able to find them. Short of approaching a high school kid I have no idea of how to get them. Any thoughts. Thanks.
IP Logged

Where do I take this pain of mine
I run but it stays right my side
So tear me open, pour me out
There's things inside that scream and shout
And the pain still hates me
So hold me, until it sleeps
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

Re: Finding Mushrooms????
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 6:06pm »

The spores are legal to purchase and possess in most states, and there are mycological supply houses that sell them, but for research and educational purposs only. It is illegal to grow the mushrooms. Or eat them. Even for headaches.

I read about it at www.clusterbusters.com

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 8:12pm »

If you read the "mushroom FAQs" on the ClusterBuster's site, you will find many links and growing instructions.

There is also a lot of really useful information on the Erowid site: http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

This site is probably the largest as relates to mushroom information and growing psilocybin-type shrooms:

http://www.shroomery.org/

My understanding is that the easiest to grow are the Ecuadoran.

For spores, they are usually sold in sterile syringes:

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/

Here's a whole list of links to spore and other mushroom cultivation-related suppliers:

http://www.mycotopia.net/site/article.php?25.255

You can purchase bags or jars that already contain sterilized substrate in which the spores can be innoculated.

Again, growing instructions and other links are located in the Cluster Buster's Mushroom FAQs.  

Happy hunting!

Laurie
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
noneya
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Uganda 

« Reply #3 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 8:55pm »

Hi there Jim! Where are you from? If you live in the South East you won't have a problem finding them out in the wild...hell, I've got em growing in my front yard! One quick tip if your in the sunshine state...Florida is the ONLY state in the country that does not have laws prohibiting fresh Cubensis mushrooms (so long as you don't admit to knowing what they are  duh). The only thing law enforcement can do is get you for trespassing (which they always do if they know your shroom hunting). You're only other solution is to hook-up with someone who has access or grow your own. Growing your own is extremely simple (did it about 10 years ago when I lived in Virginia and had no hook-ups...this was before I knew they could be used medicinally and were used solely for recreation use). The above links will be invaluable if you plan on going this route. The only problem I see with growing your own at this point is the time restraint. If your an episodic sufferer and you've already started a cycle, they probably won't be grown in time to use for this particular cycle. As you already know, shrooms are illegal. Being a newbie (like me) will make it very difficult to obtain your medicine as we haven't established trust in the community yet. Maybe someone in your area would be willing to anonymously "drop off" a couple of caps somewhere, then message you with the location or something. As long as there was no face to face or hand to hand contact. I could mail you some but that would be a huge risk on your end...mine too. Check this out...it's got some good info.

http://www.clusterbusters.com/legal.html#mail
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2006, 9:08pm by noneya » IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30th, 2006, 5:11pm »

Please be careful!  DO NOT eat wild mushrooms unless you are an absolute expert in identification. Especially in some parts of the country, there can be mushrooms that look a lot like psilocybin mushroom, but are deadly toxic.

It is not worth taking any risk with this because poisonous mushrooms are no joke. They will kill you. Sometimes , not right away. They may just seem to make you sick at first, and you will seem to get over it. About a week later, your liver fails and your only hope of survival is an immediate transplant.

Those who can't wait to grow their own shrooms sometimes resort to using LSA found in the seeds of certain flowering vines.  

The seeds are legal to purchase and possess and propagate in all states, and there are seed supply houses that sell them and ship them to you in a few days, but for gardening purposes only. It is illegal to extract the LSA. Or eat the seeds. Even for headaches.

I read about it at http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
noneya
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Uganda 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 1st, 2006, 3:56am »

Great advise TommyD! I just assume because I've been doing it for so many years (hunting P. Cubensis) that everyone knows what to look for (spore print color/size etc etc  ...)  
It definitely takes a trained eye...even then one needs to question if they have the correct mushroom...THEY CAN/WILL KILL YOU if you eat a look alike (and it's not a quick death Tongue)! Most Florida Cubensis are easily identifiable and bruise blue when handled but a couple of other poisonous, non-psychedelic shrooms bruise blue. BE CAREFUL! If you have wild shrooms and feel you MUST eat them but aren't absolutely sure of what you have...post a pic and maybe we can help...MAYBE.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss