Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 11th, 2024, 10:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zonegran? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zonegran?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zonegran?  (Read 345 times)
KateA
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Zonegran?
« on: Jun 27th, 2006, 12:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone tried this one? Supposed to be in the same class as Topomax, but make you less dumb.

thoughts?

Thanks,
Kate
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Re: Zonegran?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28th, 2006, 3:30pm »

Yes.  I tried it and did not have any of the DOPYMAX side effects.  It did however give me kidney stones that I had to have surgery for!  So DRINK DRINK AND DRINK SOME MORE!!!
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Katherinecm
New Board Old Timer
USA 

katycatcm   katycatcm
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 10:53am »

on Jun 28th, 2006, 3:30pm, mynm156 wrote:
Yes.  I tried it and did not have any of the DOPYMAX side effects.  It did however give me kidney stones that I had to have surgery for!  So DRINK DRINK AND DRINK SOME MORE!!!

How did it help with CH overall besides the kidney stones?
IP Logged

http://www.squidoo.com/clusterheadaches/

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience." Teilhard de Chardin

"It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death." Epictetus
godsjoy777
New Board Veteran
USA 

HIS name is above clusters

godsjoy777  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 10:48am »

I tried it for quite awhile....2 yrs? I hate to say that my Dr put me on it AFTER my cycle so I was on it a whole 10 months out of cycle before I had the chance to see if it worked....The cycle came and although it "seemed" like it was somewhat easier....I ended up with a full blown hard cycle ( those nasty things have a way of fooling you when you least expect it!) of 9 months....(They used to be only 2 1/2 to 3 months)....Now I can't tell you why...if it had anything todo with Zonegran or what.....I have gotten off of Zonegran....verapamil....and now son't take triptans either...though I have been sooooo tempted....just because I don't ant to do anything to increase in the long run...the intensity or duration of the cycle..... 9 months nearly wore me out....and now here I am again in month 6 of current cycle....getting hit like crazy...about to go purchase some Taurine...am on 9mg of Melatonin now...thats all I take except abort with Oxygen...

Sorry for the rabbit trail...as for the Zonegran....it didn't make me stupid though I had a hard time finding words sometimes and there were no other side effects....I have heard it helping others here....but I do hope it helps you...keep us posted!
Blessings,
Karen
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss