Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 12th, 2024, 2:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « electronic device »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   electronic device
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: electronic device  (Read 455 times)
MattNL
New Board Newbie
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

electronic device
« on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 8:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not clusterheadache specific but interesting:
Electrical pulse to aid migraine
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5103162.stm

regards,
IP Logged
zuesthedog
New Board Newbie
USA 

dont give up dont give in

Email

Re: electronic device
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 9:31am »

I have a trigeminal nerve stim implanted above my left eye. It delivers electronic pulses to the nerve. Its been working great for me. If your are interested in details just mess me and I will tell you every thing you need to know.                   PF days to all                     John.
IP Logged

zues
rhino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 9:16pm »

Has anybody tryed using a T.E.N.S. unit attached to the trigeminal nerve area?  
  I am over 3 months into the worst cycle I have ever had in my life and I am trying everything.
  I just attached it and gave it a try,, very strange feelings,, I have it set out waiting for my next headache and will try it then.
  I also have layed out my Imitrex injections,, a Kip 10
scares hell out of me.  
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 4th, 2006, 9:31pm »

on Jul 4th, 2006, 9:16pm, rhino wrote:
 Has anybody tryed using a T.E.N.S. unit attached to the trigeminal nerve area?  
  I am over 3 months into the worst cycle I have ever had in my life and I am trying everything.
  I just attached it and gave it a try,, very strange feelings,, I have it set out waiting for my next headache and will try it then.
  I also have layed out my Imitrex injections,, a Kip 10
scares hell out of me.  

Yep I use a TENS machine for reducing the ganglion lump with reasonable effect.

It certainly won’t stop the CH but it appears to reduce the duration by relaxing the lump and the area around it.

Make sure you use plenty of the gel on the pads so that you get the full benefit, if you don’t you can give yourself burns.

I wouldn’t recommend using it anywhere else on your head as they really are only designed for muscle relaxing and stimulation.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #4 on: Jul 10th, 2006, 4:04pm »

Matt,  
the Electronic Pulse thing sounds interesting. Perhaps it will help us as well. If it is the thing I saw on a news program, it looks like a big gun. That struck me as somehow oddly appropriate as so many of us have concidered that terrible way out of our pain. Now perhaps this thing will be helpful to some extent.

Zues, Rhino, Barry
So happy to see others have benefited from TENS. I found along with Prednisone, Verapamil, Maxalt, and Stadol - I was able to shorten my cycle, and the KIP 10 attacks were less frequent than ever before. Many state that TENS treatment didn't help, or that they can't stand the thought of using such treatment - It helped me out significantly. Reduced pain during attacks (or distracted from the pain in a beneficial way) and overall left nerves and muscles relaxed between attacks, instead of painful and cramped up as was often the case after KIP10's. I used it across the back of my neck/base of head, then switched to temple and jaw on the headache side. I also used varying frequencies (pulse rate) and intensity (from barely tingling to full on muscle spasms). I never seemed to have any ill effects from it, but I would be careful as it is afterall electricity!

Best of luck with the TENS Rhino. Give it a few tries in case like so many things it may take  a while to help out. I used it morning and night even when no headache were present. Now it's back in the closet until the next round.

PFDAN's Rich
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2006, 4:05pm by StressFree » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss