Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 10th, 2024, 12:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mushrooms: My results »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mushrooms: My results
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mushrooms: My results  (Read 204 times)
spidey426
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

sphlenders

Mushrooms: My results
« on: Jun 21st, 2006, 1:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So last Tuesday I had tried the Mushroom approach. I waited to post my results because it is supposedly supposed to take a few days.

After the mushrooms wore off, I got a 12 hour kip 6, spiking to a kip 8 or 9 every hour or so. It was pretty much pure hell and the first time I thought about calling an ambulance or something to get some oxygen, I had no idea what to do and was scared what the mushrooms may have done. But, since then, each day has been better and better. My attacks are getting further between and each one has been progressively milder. Today I got a hit at 5:30, lasted to about 5:50 and was like a kip 2, I just rubbed my temples a tad and it just vanished.  
I haven't been taking anything else this week for the CH, and I am only 17 days into my usual 5 week cycle. So I would have to say that the mushrooms have done something, no? I'll keep posting if this pattern of the CH phasing out keeps up.. and next time I'd like to try this at the beginning of my cycle.  

pfw from ny
  spidey
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Mushrooms: My results
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 2:36am »

Good show.

Sounds like your on the right track spidey. Stay tuned in to the clusterbuster folks.
They say after 7 days you "may" need to dose again but hopefully not.
This sounds very much like the classic response for those that claim huge success.

I havent tried the shrooms properly but RC seeds and clusterbusters helped create my success story.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2006, 2:39am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 6:55am »

Sounds great!

Vibes for continued success    Wink

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Flash

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 7:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 21st, 2006, 1:06am, spidey426 wrote:
After the mushrooms wore off, I got a 12 hour kip 6, spiking to a kip 8 or 9 every hour or so. It was pretty much pure hell and the first time I thought about calling an ambulance or something to get some oxygen, I had no idea what to do and was scared what the mushrooms may have done. But, since then, each day has been better and better. My attacks are getting further between and each one has been progressively milder. Today I got a hit at 5:30, lasted to about 5:50 and was like a kip 2, I just rubbed my temples a tad and it just vanished.  
I haven't been taking anything else this week for the CH, and I am only 17 days into my usual 5 week cycle.

Hi there!  Well done not reaching for the Imitrex.  Typically people only get a few mild post dose hits over the course of 48 hours.  However occasionally people get hammered.  

This has happened to me twice in the past, both times was even worse that what you described with 5 days of 6 x 3 hour kip 10 hell followed by a day of heavy shadowing, then a day of light shadowing.  This was the first week of what should have been a 4-5 week episode but which then abruptly terminated.  

Based on my experience, the usual cause for lengthy and heavy attacks is too light a dose.  However some other people have experienced similar by taking too  much.  So:

1) What type of shrooms did you take?
2) What quantity?
3) How did you prepare them?
4) Over how long a time period did you ingest them?  Shrooms should be ingested over a maximum of 15 mins.
5) What level of psychoactive effects did you experience?

In my case I often used Liberty Cap mushrooms.

12 Liberty Cap equates roughly to trip level 1, 24 to trip level 2, 36 to trip level 3 and so forth.

6 Liberty Cap would cause the getting hammered problem.  But doses of between 10 and 24 worked really well.  The optimum dose for minimal psychoactive effects whilst retaining the busting ability was 12.

I prepared the shrooms by boiling some water, then removing it from the heat, adding the shrooms, covering, and leaving to steep for 30 mins.

I would ingest this tea over a 15 minute period.  Drinking it all at once would make this uptake a little to fast and unpleasant.  My preference is for a smooth take off.

Generally trip level 1 which involves only minor visual distortions, like everything looking a little brighter, warmer and cooler worked really well.  There would be a distinct but pleasant buzz, like drinking 4 beers really fast only more alert.

But to sum up, what you have experienced is not unheard of.  In subsequent episodes you will manage to adjust the dose accordingly until you arrive at the optimum level.

If you need to take another dose then aim for around level 1.  Using cracker dry cubensis mushrooms, or something of a similar strength, this usually requires around 1g.

IP Logged
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 11:44pm »

what are the side effects of these mushrooms? can adverse affects? does it lower bp? thanks
radha
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 7:14am »

Good to hear spidey & hope you get some real PF time shortly.

Fight the beast with whatever it takes & never give in.

Kind regards
barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #6 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:10am »

Rahda -  

Well yes there are some interesting side effects, and the mushrooms are not for everyone. I will say quickly they can raise blood pressure a little, beyond that research heavily at  www.clusterbusters.com

Check out especially the Mushroom FAQ and the LSA FAQ.

-tommyD

IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
spidey426
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

sphlenders

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 9:14am »

Just keeping my results posted and up to date:

It is now Saturday, and my last hit was a very weak one on Thursday morning.. I don't want to jinx myself but I've never gone this long without a hit during a cycle.. and like I mentioned before, since taking the mushrooms my hits have been progressively weaker. This is only day 20 of my usual 5 week cycle.. so, it's very possible that the mushrooms expedited everything. ..we'll see what happens over the next few days..

pfw
    spidey
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 11:15am »

on Jun 24th, 2006, 9:14am, spidey426 wrote:
Just keeping my results posted and up to date:
    spidey

Thanks for the update spideyman! Good news indeed.
 Grin
Keep up the reports and let us know if you have any questions.

Bobw

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #9 on: Jun 27th, 2006, 2:59pm »

Finger's crossed for you Spidey, great news so far - half way to aborting the cycle.

Always found O2 handy to mop up any attacks that threatened, keep us posted
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
bluebrain
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 10:01am »

You must read NEUROLOGY 2006 JUN 27, " Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD "  
Yours sincerely Bluebrain / Arild Ejsing Biomedical scientist,
IP Logged
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #11 on: Jun 29th, 2006, 8:26pm »

Spideyman, got my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Keep the shrooms handy - my understanding is that a typical dose is actually around 1.5g, but of course the problem is no one knows how much psilocybin is in any given batch of mushrooms.

Many "shroomers" seem to dose as soon as they feel shadows returning.  Others dose every month - and if the beast remains at bay, start stretching it out to two months or three months or four months, &etc.

I also finally figured out what a "SPUT" is, lol!  When shroomers get a hit, for many a "Shroom Put Under the Tongue" works to abort the attack.

Also, a lot of people seem to combine shrooms and seeds, and the most popular seeds seem to be the RC seeds.  Apparently they've got fewer toxins in the hulls and do not need to have the husks removed prior to use.  There's more about using seeds at www.ClusterBusters.com in the LSA Facts.

Laurie

IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss