Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 8th, 2024, 6:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH inpatient treatment experience »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH inpatient treatment experience
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH inpatient treatment experience  (Read 268 times)
unsolved1

Email

CH inpatient treatment experience
« on: Jun 21st, 2006, 12:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In order to get a 'break' from the attacks, I went into the hospital and had a iv injection of Solu Medrol 125mg then started the Histamine Desensitization treatment. I used Demerol for break through pain and 1 Imitrex injection.  The 10th and 11th day I did another 125mg shot of Solu Medrol and today upon my release I did a 1 mg injection of DHE. I've had a pretty good 'break' and plenty of sleep.  Smiley

I also had a port implanted. I had (2) iv injections of Fenatyl 100mg and Verset (sp). It didn't knock me out and I was awake for the whole procedure. They numbed my chest so I didn't feel a thing. I have 2 holes, 1 has 5 stitches (where they inserted the port) and the other only needed 1 stitch (where they inserted a camera, I think). The stitches come out in a week. It will save me many needle pokes and ensure quick and easy access for medication and blood draws.

Rested & Rejuvinated  Grin
UNsolved
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Re: CH inpatient treatment experience
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 1:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Damn Brother I hope that it will be worth it!

Good Vibes

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Katherinecm
New Board Old Timer
USA 

katycatcm   katycatcm
WWW Email

Re: CH inpatient treatment experience
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 10:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm so glad to see that you're back and feeling better!

Katy
IP Logged

http://www.squidoo.com/clusterheadaches/

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings that have a human experience." Teilhard de Chardin

"It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death." Epictetus
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss