Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 9th, 2024, 2:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Stress »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Stress
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stress  (Read 548 times)
stubborn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Stress
« on: Jun 6th, 2006, 2:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have read here to stay stressed. That is NOT the case for me, stress makes it worse for me. Is anyone else like that? If I am shadowing hard, for sure hard stress will sent me into clusterville?
IP Logged
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Stress
« Reply #1 on: Jun 6th, 2006, 3:07pm »

Welcome aboard.

We are all different.  It is good to know ourselves.  I'm one who does better stressed.

Wishing you stress free and pf time.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2006, 3:15pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: Jun 6th, 2006, 3:16pm »

Stress and activity can sometimes keep an impending attack at bay for a while for me, but as soon as I let my guard down and relax a little - BAM!

As has been said, we are all different.  It is good to be aware of you react to different situations.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 6th, 2006, 6:03pm »

Different?  Yup Yup...

I cannot get "too" relaxed, nor "too" stressed. Need to keep a happy medium, sort of like a kiddie rollercoaster.  

(Lets also not talk about roller-coasters, it just dawned on me now that I haven't been able to go on a carnival ride since I was in my early 20's due to the HA's.)

Pegg

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 9:11am »

on Jun 6th, 2006, 3:16pm, Gator wrote:
Stress and activity can sometimes keep an impending attack at bay for a while for me, but as soon as I let my guard down and relax a little - BAM!

As has been said, we are all different.  It is good to be aware of you react to different situations.

For me the motto: never, ever relax, stress is my friend!

IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 9:34am »

Yep. Stay stressed. It's good for what ails you.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 10:09am »

Welcome aboard stubborn, and it's true we're all different! I'm like you, when on cycle I avoid high stress situations as they are a big time trigger. For many others, staying stressed keeps the beast at bay. You  learn to pay close attention to yourself when you deal with the beast. Wishing you luck.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 9th, 2006, 8:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Stress is good.......relaxation is bad.......
IP Logged
Radha
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jun 10th, 2006, 11:51pm »

yesterday when i was having a bad headache, i had cried hard about some family problem, and i was very surprised to notice headache had gotten better immediately after! not that i am happy that i was upset and had cried, but it was a surprise, wonder why pain got better!!  
radha
IP Logged
vze2n4nj
New Board Newbie
USA 

Here's to pain free minutes!

realisminlife  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11th, 2006, 11:20pm »

100%.

Stress is a definite trigger for a cluster. I wake up in the middle of the night with a cluster and all I think about is the stresses in my life.  

You need to take it easy. Stress must be eliminated in your life, as much as possible. Tell everyone around you about your illness, no matter how embarassing it is. I have been doing it, and I can tell who really cares about my sresses and who doesn't. Also take Kudzu, it has worked for me.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 1:24pm »

on Jun 11th, 2006, 11:20pm, vze2n4nj wrote:

Stress is a definite trigger for a cluster. I wake up in the middle of the night with a cluster and all I think about is the stresses in my life.  

Wake up in the middle of the night? Clusters that wake you usually come on during REM sleep mode. Is that a stressful time for you? For me it is about the most stressfree and relaxed that I can be.

You need to take it easy. Stress must be eliminated in your life, as much as possible..

In all my years of suffering clusters the attacks have come AFTER the stress. At the end of a stressful day or during a good, restful sleep. It's after the stress is reduced and the relaxing period is going on that the attacks happen.

But we're all different.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
chewy

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 7:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Stress is a definite trigger for a cluster.

I'll bet that 100 to 1 CH sufferers would prove that statement wrong.
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #12 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 8:04am »

I'm adding my vote to the stress-is-good side.  This is especially true in between cycles when the random hits almost always show up during down time, like weekends (with no other provocation than being more relaxed).
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #13 on: Jun 13th, 2006, 11:44am »

Stress-good, relaxation-bad, distress (major catastrophies, anxiety, panic...)-bad
my 2 cents worth.
kathy
I never nap, no longer crochet or do relaxing crafts, read during the day, or even sit longer than 15 minutes.
Haven't watched an entire movie in over a year. On the positive side-my house is fairly clean Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #14 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 3:52pm »

I have to side with the "stress is bad" minority. I have found that unusually stressful periods in my life coinciding with allergy seasons usually occurs at time of a cycle. Although often it is immediately after a stressful period (wedding, loosing job, lost close family member, etc). As for during a cycle that has already started, also bad - bad - bad. StressFree is how I have to be!  

Prayers for all, Rich

Edited to note: Many of our treatments consist of constricting blood vessels to stop an attack or ease a cycle (Prednisone, Triptans/Trex's, Caffein, Ergotamine). Often when these wear off, we get hit again - or the cycle continues. There is a drug I haven't tried (bad for lungs) called Methesergide. It does the opposite. Sometimes successful for Clusters. It causes blood vessel to stay expanded or relaxed. It is a maintenance type med. If blood vessels stay relaxed, no chance to suddenly dilate causing cluster attack. I couldn't help but throw that in as an analagy. I guess for a few it is very effective, as is staying unstressed!
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2006, 4:01pm by StressFree » IP Logged
pingu1981
New Board Newbie
Wales 

The world was my oyster, but I used the wrong fork

324508001 324508001   michelleljenkins@hotmail.com  
Email

« Reply #15 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 2:59pm »

I get more headaches when I'm stressed. I've found that a long hot bath with lavender is the only thing that helps!!
IP Logged

Most people ignore oppurtunity because it comes wearing overalls and looks like hard work.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss