Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 18th, 2024, 6:20am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New neuro..... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   New neuro.....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New neuro.....  (Read 422 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

New neuro.....
« on: May 15th, 2006, 11:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If anyone in the North Texas area needs a good neuro, I finally found one.  I've been to some of the leading neuros in the country, and I've never had good luck with them.

This doctor was recommended by my family dr., I wanted my family dr. to treat me, but she didn't feel comfortable doing that, so she sent me elsewhere.

This neuro was totally amazed when I told her about clusterbusters, she insisted upon having the website, and the OUCH and ch.com websites.  I am one of three ch patients she has, and the only chronic she has ever treated.  She asked what treatment I wanted, she picked my brain like no other doctor I've been to.

When I told her the Ultracet I had been taking for my knee had slowed down my hits, she said she would be very happy to prescribe it when my knee doctor stopped.

When it came to the 02 prescription, she actually was willing to write it for 25lpm it that was what I wanted.

She also had info on new drugs that she said they were starting to use for ch.....I told her we'd talk about that if and when I ever wanted to try any meds again.

She was awesome and so cooperative it was amazing.  Said I could call her anytime, and even at home if needed.

What really got me, was when she first came in the office, she asked what the problem was, and I said....."I have chronic ch,".....she just looked me dead in the eye and said...."I am so sorry...what can I do to help you?"

She's a keeper.

Roxy    Cool
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: New neuro.....
« Reply #1 on: May 15th, 2006, 12:12pm »

Great news, glad you like her.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: May 15th, 2006, 12:51pm »

Thats fantastic.. let's hope more people find neuro's like her  Smiley
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 15th, 2006, 4:05pm »

Just hope and pray she doesn't move or quit and go work sumwhere else for a hospital or sumthin.......that's been our problem around here and you can't imagine the feelings when you get that letter in the mail......hard to start over one on one again or on the same level with a new doc. Seems they all are so different with treatments and how they feel about meds or following up with sumone elses program. We've had two docs quit on us in the last 6 or 7 years. Luckily the new one is ok.....he's been cool with med isssues and pain issues but he does have a different program. He is harder to get ahold of and busier and he only gives you limited time for visits. Hope this cool doc sticks around.......changeing faces Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

rhino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 11:14pm »

Hello Roxy

Your post makes me want to drive over to my  
neurologist office.  
Walk right past the receptionest with out a word.  
Then kick that worthless bastards door in.  
Grab the sorry son of a bitch by the throat and choke him until I get my money back.
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 17th, 2006, 11:43pm »

C'mon Rhino, don't mice your words, how do you really feel?   GrinThe frustration of doctors who won't listen, heavy, heavy sigh!!!!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 1:16am »

on May 15th, 2006, 11:24am, Roxy wrote:
".....she just looked me dead in the eye and said...."I am so sorry...what can I do to help you?"

She's a keeper.

Roxy    Cool

Sounds like a keeper, congrats.
IP Logged

MJ
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 3:22pm »

Roxy, good luck & I am so glad you found her.

Rhino, I'm with you.  I am so disillusioned.  If it weren't for the things I've learned here, I'd been in deep stuff.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2006, 3:23pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
rhino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19th, 2006, 9:51pm »

Charlotte I'm with you.

It was only 9 or 10 years ago when I first heard about oxygen. At that time I was going to one of the top Doc's in Houston, When I ask him about it, he acted irritated and told me he could not comment because it was not proven or tested.
  That day I went to a welding supply and the owners wife, who had to be at least 70 years old, filled me in   about  the people using oxygen and fixed me up with bottle, regulator and mask.    
    To this day, that old woman has been more helpful to me than any Neurologist.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss