Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 25th, 2024, 2:40am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « how long till the prednisone tapper starts working »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   how long till the prednisone tapper starts working
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: how long till the prednisone tapper starts working  (Read 738 times)
She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

how long till the prednisone tapper starts working
« on: May 11th, 2006, 5:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I started last night. I was a rough night i didnot sleep well my head hurt like mad tha the pillow angred the beast in my head. Iwas allsweaty and really bitchy.
is there any thing worse the a ten?
anywas it about a 6 to day. I have not taking the migranal which is like Imitrex. I react bad to Imitrex. I am still trying to get in to another neurologist the schedule person was not in today. I am also adiabetic and the steriods are given my really high bloodsugars 440 was my last reading. for the ch they have me on 100mg of nortripolenne, 1 spray of mirgranal every hr up to 6 times a day no more then 8 times. did a medrol pack in the begging and as of 04-05-06 for seven  days indomethacin 75 mg for headaches. I should also tell you my top three vertabra are fussed from a broken neck. thanks for any advice.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: how long till the prednisone tapper starts wor
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2006, 5:29pm »

For me a medrol pack stops the attacks immediately.  They return when I get down to the 3 or 2 tablet day.

Regular pred takes 3-5 days to make a difference for me.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 11th, 2006, 11:20pm »

Hang in there.
The pred for me will kick in 24 to 48 hours..thats at 80mg a day. At 60 it will take a bit longer. What is the taper instructions may I ask. Mine start at 60 to 80 mg a a day depending on the severity and frequency, usually decreasing 10mg every 4 days. I hope your suger comes down....do a google search of prednisone ...lots of side effects you should be aware of.
all the best  
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2006, 11:26pm »

60 mg 3x a day then 40 mg 3x time a then 20mg 3x aday  I will be on my second dose of 40 mg in the morning. i feel no change. Medrol did nothing. Undecided
IP Logged
She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #4 on: May 11th, 2006, 11:27pm »

I only prescribed 20 pills
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 11th, 2006, 11:44pm »

I wish it would work for ya. That stuff is poison for sure but it beats the beast knockers. Should have kicked in by now, if it were me I would call the doc and give then guff. But thats just me,  we all are unique. Did you try 02 yet?  
all the best
jb
IP Logged

She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: May 11th, 2006, 11:56pm »

no 02 yet they have not present that option to me. One reason I am going to a new dr.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 12th, 2006, 12:08am »

Yes I read that the other day but wasn't sure of my memory. laugh Hope it goes well for you.
Read the 02 link and use it properly and you will be glad you found it, if it works for you.
These guys here rock huh? I just tapered as well, like Bob said they often come back as you taper off. I wonder how the munchies effects the diabetes?
jb
IP Logged

She-ra_mommy
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #8 on: May 12th, 2006, 1:03am »

I don't have the munchies persay. the nortripolene makes me not want to eat so the are balance out. but blood sugars are much higher then the should be anything over 450 i am to go to E.r I was as high as 440. I got it done to 211 but then had tacos went up yo 347.
And if i get munchie I eat veggies I like veggies.  440 after to waffles and sugar free jelly. i was upset. but the headache is not lessen any. I think the Beast is made.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 12th, 2006, 1:22am »

You keep on the good fight..It will cease and dont forget to breathe.. Wink  
jb
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss