Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 28th, 2024, 3:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Trilital Update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Trilital Update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Trilital Update  (Read 1441 times)
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wait 5 days, but I'm angry now...

Paintba11z

Trilital Update
« on: May 9th, 2006, 3:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, so I started on the Triliptal the other day, four days ago, actually.  I was told by my dr to do 75mg at night for 4 days, then 150mg for four days, then 300mg after that.  Well, it is day 4 of 75mg and I haven't been hit in 2 days!!  I am still tapering off the verap, am at 270mg for the next 2 days, but haven't been hit during the first step down.  Before I went on the tri, I was getting hit 2 times a day.  Goes to show that this stupid CH thing is totally different from person to person.  Now if we could just find a cure.....
IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Trilital Update
« Reply #1 on: May 9th, 2006, 3:58pm »

Congrats, Tom!  I hope it just keeps getting better.

Oh, and Amen on the cure.

IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2006, 4:01pm »

What is the trilital? My lithium is working for now but I save all this info up for the day the beast morphs and gets past it! And congrats on finding a weapon that works. What an awesome feeling huh?

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Paintba11z

« Reply #3 on: May 9th, 2006, 4:19pm »

on May 9th, 2006, 4:01pm, Guiseppi wrote:
What is the trilital? My lithium is working for now but I save all this info up for the day the beast morphs and gets past it! And congrats on finding a weapon that works. What an awesome feeling huh?

Guiseppi

Trileptal is an anticonvulsant drug commonly used to treat epilepsy (Thank you, Karla). My doc put me on it since I screwed up my verap and dopamax made me a babbling idiot (refrain from comment!  LOL!!).  So far, so good, we will see what happens with the next step down in verap. Just noticed that I'm an idiot when it comes to spelling and I spelled trileptal wrong in the subject heading...sheesh...
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2006, 4:20pm by Tom K » IP Logged

"America, you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind. America, America."-Bart Simpson
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 10th, 2006, 10:34am »

Spelling was never my strong point either! Thanks again for the information, it's how everyone learns. Hope it works long term for you.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
I Cant Dance
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Kicking "Fat Bastard" to the curb!

« Reply #5 on: May 10th, 2006, 12:15pm »

Tom,

Congratulations!  I am going to bring it up to my neuro again this Friday.  He didn't particularly like the idea when I saw him two weeks ago, but I may take a print out of your post.  Congrats!  Verap is doing nothing for me, yet I guess that makes it the same as everything else.
IP Logged

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met."
-Steve Prefontaine, "Without Limits"----Yeah Right! "I got yer pain right hiya."
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: May 10th, 2006, 7:47pm »

Tom
Congratulations on finding something that works for you, any bit of ammo we can put in our arsenal to beat the beast can only make life better.
Like Guiseppi says, it’s good to have something up your sleeve in case the beast pulls a shifty on ya.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Tom K
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Paintba11z

« Reply #7 on: May 10th, 2006, 10:44pm »

on May 10th, 2006, 12:15pm, I Cant Dance wrote:
Tom,

Congratulations!  I am going to bring it up to my neuro again this Friday.  He didn't particularly like the idea when I saw him two weeks ago, but I may take a print out of your post.  Congrats!  Verap is doing nothing for me, yet I guess that makes it the same as everything else.

Let us know what he says.  Hope that it works for you, too!
IP Logged

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #8 on: May 11th, 2006, 12:07am »

Good for you Tom.  
One more weapon in the battle against the devil.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss