Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 12:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can anyone tell me about Stadol? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can anyone tell me about Stadol?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can anyone tell me about Stadol?  (Read 481 times)
I Cant Dance
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Kicking "Fat Bastard" to the curb!

Can anyone tell me about Stadol?
« on: May 7th, 2006, 10:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Addictive Narcotic...successful for anyone? Huh
IP Logged

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met."
-Steve Prefontaine, "Without Limits"----Yeah Right! "I got yer pain right hiya."
unsolved1

Email

Re: Can anyone tell me about Stadol?
« Reply #1 on: May 9th, 2006, 7:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I use Stadol along with Trex. I give myself a 2mg IM injection and take with 3mg of Trex. It helps sometimes and sometimes it just seems to make it worse. It can be addicting but I don't feel that I am addicted to it (so far)

whatever works!
Goodluck
UNsolved
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2006, 9:20pm »

I have taken stadol nasal spray by itself since insurance limits imitrex.  It works but it knocks me out.  I found it to be addictive.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2006, 12:54pm »

Yep it bout killed me.Hufffffffffffff oxygen.
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Skyhawk5
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2006, 12:23am »

Stadol has been a big help for me, but this is not very common for most CH'rs. My Neuro. says you will either love it or hate it, and it is a dangerous drug if misused. I have tried almost every Medicine available and now find that if the O2 doesn't stop the attack the Stadol (even if it doesn't stop it) is the most helpful drug I've used in the last 9 of 18 years of CH. It helps me lose track of the time the hit takes, but such a strong Narcotic can make me lose track of much more. Like other abortives it also is time sensitive to the hit. I hope it's helpful for you but PLEASE be as careful as you can.
Skyhawk 5, Don(S)
IP Logged
heartlessgrl
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

leigh26_02  
Email

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2006, 2:30am »

Well I've been on stadol for over a year now. And I don't like it.   It don't seem to help.  Oh for the little ones the warning headache it will stop but when that bad one comes around.  Well the Stadol is a joke..  Plus it taste so bad, And if your like I am,  Get sick and it only makes it worse.. And  It is said to be very addicting But i've not had any problems with that. It makes me to sick.
IP Logged
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: May 23rd, 2006, 6:45am »

Have been on stadol for over a year. I use it with 02. I think the best part is, that when you think your about to lose it from the pain the stadol kicks in and either knocks you out or takes that edge off until the combination of both kick in. But be very careful It is very dangerous, and the more you use the less it works.  

Good luck
Jackie
IP Logged
gore2424
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Camero's "RULE"

52473361 52473361   gore2424   gore2424
Email

« Reply #7 on: May 26th, 2006, 6:15am »

Hi I used stadol for about a year BUT I took myself off of it cause I was misusing it was taking it at work too much I loved the high and rush it gave me I lied to get more than I needed was opening it and adding 1/2 water so it would last longer so it has been the only med that I myself said no it was too addictive for me Terry
IP Logged

what the hamsalad was that ¿?¿
I said your hair looks nice Ü
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #8 on: May 26th, 2006, 3:44pm »

Years ago I tried it and had mixed results. It gave me some really wierd dreams and always made me want to sleep. Not a pleasant drug at all. It would help some, but attacks got so bad toward end of cycle that no abortive, O2, or Stadol seemed to help at all. Then cycle stopped suddenly. Picked up the refills anyway, and kept it in the fridge for about 6 years. Last cycle, tried it again and it worked miraculously. I think it aged like fine wine, maybe turned into morphine? Anyway, I alternated the stadol nasal spray with Maxalt (a triptan) and both worked to successfully abort attacks through the whole cycle. Attacks seemed less severe when they did break through, and the cycle seemed shorter than usual. Stadol worked within 10 minutes when used immediately. Use it carefully. Likely high danger of overdose with that stuff! Best of luck, Rich

P.S. For those episodics with only a couple of hits per day;At worst phase of a cycle try taking the maximum of 2 Maxalt with a cup of hot water at first sign of attack. I was getting relief within 15 minutes. Much more bearable than the normal 60 to 120 minute KIP10!!! I used this regiment along with 180mg VerapamilSR twice a day for the entire cycle, and a successful Prednisone taper initially. This all seemed to prevent cycle from turning into multiple hits throughout the day and night as I've had previously. Also I used a TENS unit to shock the daylight out of my jaw, temple, and back of neck a couple of times a day!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss