Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 26th, 2024, 2:51am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « NY State Medicaid Information. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   NY State Medicaid Information.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: NY State Medicaid Information.  (Read 252 times)
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

NY State Medicaid Information.
« on: May 4th, 2006, 11:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In response to a concern voiced by an O.U.C.H. member, O.U.C.H. contacted the New York state Office of Medicaid Management to discuss the coverage of triptan medications for CH sufferers that are Medicaid recipients.

The Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee is conducting a Policy and Procedure Committee review to determine the status of triptan meds.  At the very worst, Imitrex Injections would be moved from a Preferred to a Non-Preferred Status requiring pre-authorization before being dispensed.  The committee is preparing a report to submit to the Commissioner of Health who will make the final determination.  

The committee is very much aware that Imitrex is the only med approved for CH, and it is not being pulled from the formulary.  

As always, if and when more information becomes available, we will pass it along to the CH community.

IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: NY State Medicaid Information.
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2006, 7:45pm »

Thanks
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: NY State Medicaid Information.
« Reply #2 on: May 9th, 2006, 11:54am »

I'm fairly new to Medicaid but I know others are Medicaid approved because so many are also used for seizures. From my experience.....as limited as it is anyway. I realize that this is a bit off topic though.

Charlie
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2006, 11:55am by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss