Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2024, 8:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu update »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu update
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu update  (Read 331 times)
jdd
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Kudzu update
« on: Apr 19th, 2006, 2:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all,

I was wondering how those that have had success with kudzu were doing.  Is it still effective?  What are your long term experiences?  And to those who are episodic, did you know that your cycle was over, and how did you wean off the kudzu?

My experience has been pretty good.  I'm about 5 weeks into my cycle right now.  I would say that the first 3 weeks or so, the zu worked great.  I didn't really feel like I was in cycle.  But since then, I have had some hits.  A lot less frequent than I otherwise would mind you, but hits nevertheless.  I increased my dosage which has helped.  I would say that I had two kip 8's (or 9) this cycle so far (the rest were more like kip 4 or 5).  Normally I would use the imitrex spray to abort the attacks, but there were concerns on this board about using the two together, so I decided to hold off.  I'm not sure if I can do so the next time.

Anyway, the kudzu has been pretty effective for me overall.  How about the others?

Thanks.
IP Logged
frisbee
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: Kudzu update
« Reply #1 on: May 25th, 2006, 10:19pm »

I'm having some weirdness that I'm not sure is related to kudzu. A couple weeks ago a 10 week cycle ended. Four PF days after a few days of single minor hits. This is how my cycles have always ended. Then a new cycle starts in again. That has never happened before. I always get at least a year between cycles.

Anyone else have anything similar?

Cheers,
Kirt
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu update
« Reply #2 on: May 27th, 2006, 9:25am »

I'm glad to see the kudzu is still helping, jdd. It's not unusual to have to increase the dosage as time goes on. I was chronic when I was using kudzu, and after an attempt at tapering off of it, it became ineffective for me. (Most everything does, eventually....except clusterbusters, so far)  It's possible that using Imitrex too soon (within a couple of hours) after taking kudzu will make the trex ineffective. A few people have gone ahead and used it with no ill effects, though. I can't speak for episodics, so hopefully one will answer about how to get off and when, and whether they experienced what you are, Kirt.  

IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss