Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 29th, 2024, 4:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Orleans Pictures »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Orleans Pictures
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Orleans Pictures  (Read 1602 times)
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

Re: New Orleans Pictures
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This meeting was one of the greatest experiences in my life.  If convention is this good, I may not be able to stand it.  I am still amazed at how you can feel so damn close to people you don't know.  But ......then you get the chance to meet them.....and there is where you get the answer.  It was totally awesome!!
Thanks Steve, Tracey, Edna (and Danny) and Barbara for giving me this opportunity.  It was great to meet all of you!

Cat..........that sofa cushion came in handy when Tracey got hit.  She bout tore the upholstery off it!  We did kinda have to laugh about that.  Tracey got hit again around 10, and had to make a fast exit to her room.  Damn, that girl moves fast.  She took her shoes off (so she could run fast), jumped up, did a quick hug and kiss and absolutely mowed over about 3 or 4 people in the bar trying to get to the elevator.  I am not making light of her ha, so please......noone send me nasty emails.  It was just her exit........and I know that Tracey will laugh about that if she doesn't remember it.  It damn sure takes alot of humor to get thru the CH.  We'd be in a real mess if we couldn't share a bit of humor.

Steve, tell Dianne that I really appreciate her giving up time with you on the weekend, so you could be with us.  No doubt she is a very precious, giving lady.

Edna, tell Danny it was great having him there.  He is a real sweetie for spending the time with us.  

Hope you guys know how much I love you.  Thanks again, for Saturday.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
jonny

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 15th, 2003, 7:06pm, TxBasslady wrote:
This meeting was one of the greatest experiences in my life.  

Wait till you meet the King......LOL Grin

................................jonny
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:27pm »

We've already warned her about you kid.... NO BEER RUNS!!!!  (You'll NEVER live that one down.)

But we all Still love you.... Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

jonny

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:31pm »

Literally ROTFFLMMFAO....Barb Grin Grin Grin

.................................jonny
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 7:34pm »

I have enjoyed the pictures ! Its sounds like you all had a blast. Oh Roxy I hate you getting hit. I heard some wonderful things about you all today.  

There is nothing like meeting clusterheads and supporters. You never get tired of meeting them and they always bring a smile.  

I hate it cause I could not be there, but5 I am so happy ya'll had a wonderful time.

IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 9:06pm »

Oh my...... Cry Cry Cry......I'm SOOOOOooooo lonesome already.  

This shit sucks.....yeah, it's great to meet fellow chers.....but DAMN, you sure get lonesome REAL fast and want more time!!   lol

I met with Steve and Tracey on Thursday. We were supposed to have lunch. Well, who the hell could think of food. We just sat and talked and weren't really hungry. And don't THINK we were moving from our spots.  

I really still don't have the words to describe the feeling I have inside. Tears flood my eyes as I think of it. Tracey, Steve, Barb and Jean.........Thank you......and as much as we constantly hear on here, I'll repeat it again.

IF YOU "EVER" GET THE CHANCE TO MEET A FELLOW CH-er........DO IT!!!!!!!

Tracey is just a wonderful person. You felt as though you've known her your entire life the minute you meet her.  She's so down to earth, so friendly, and she sure can make herself look good fast with no sleep!!  lol Thank you Tracey, for being you.

Steve was just a sweety. He was genuinely thankful for this board and let us know that "WE" helped him tremendously through his cycle. He also has a HUGE porch around his home...lol  Your pictures of your home were really beautiful Steve. And your wife Diane, is truly a great supporter to have let you spend your time with us. And above all, Steve is quite the sneak, I mean really.....he could dash out to grab a beer the fastest I've seen...... Wink Wink  Thank you too Steve for helping make Danny feel a little less on edge. Having a guy there helped and I appreciate that.  

Barb, well she is just the type of friend that can make you feel totally at ease. She's funny, bright, and on top of things. I really enjoyed our conversation together. She's a "touchy" woman....she likes to hug......no hand shakes for her...lol And that's ok with me. Thank you Barb, I loved being around you!!!!

Now Jean, she just likes surprising you when you least expect. Thanks for the gift Jean, it was so very thoughtful of you. But, more than that, thank you for being with us. I could tell that you were overwhelmed some by some of the stories we told, especially learning that some of us have suffered for so long. But, as you said.........it's our "craziness" and our unmatched sense of humor that I think gets us through.  
    Jean also enjoyed watching a little parade that passed down Canal Street in the middle of the day. Next time Jean, we'll go ahead and join in the parade...lol

I have to say, my husband was quite taken with the bunch. He's not much of a computer man, he knows I come here. He's a great supporter, he understands totally my need to be here. BUT........SOMETHING has changed. I think those in the group saw it on his face after we had been there a while. He too was AMAZED by all he learned that day. He really is amazed to hear of all that is endured by chronics. He said while we were there..........."You have to keep in touch with these people"   LOL              DUH.....lol

So, yeah, I traveled to the crazy city of New Orleans to meet a bunch of people from the internet. Am I crazy????  Yep, I guess so. Crazy enough to understand that though I had never "met" these people before, I was confident with the fact of knowing they were already my friends!!!!!!    Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry   utterly amazing.........and I've finally been able to answer questions I've had for years...........WHY CLUSTERS??......well, it's self evident after meeting a fellow cluster in person......We are special people with something genuine to share with one another, forming bonds that others couldn't begin to imagine.

I now have justification......... Cry Cry Cry......that I have NOT suffered for 26 yrs for no reason. I no longer have to wonder am I only too weak to withstand some pain.....I know I am not alone.........and that no matter where I go.........somebody's got my back if I need!!!

Know this post is long, but I don't care.......those interested enough will enjoy and those that don't.....well, it's their perogative to skip it    Cheesy

with a warm heart,
hugs,
EDNA
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2003, 9:10pm by Edna » IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 10:50pm »

WOW Edna,
GREAT post.
If you think this hurt and loneliness is bad...just wait till "after Nashville".  It lasts MONTHS!!!!

I'm still not over it...sigh.  MISS the porch, and everytime there is a get together and pictures, I miss it again.

Can't WAIT to meet you Edna!!
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:17pm »

I wish I could have been there with you all!!!!!!!!
I am green with envy, but happy for you all that you got to meet because I know there is nothing like it!!!!
SEE YA"LL IN NASHVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 15th, 2003, 11:55pm »

Now Edna........you HAVE to admit that it was a strange parade.  About 7 or 8 fat guys in grass skirts    Shocked
There was no event...............but there was a parade....go figure     LMAO   Only in New Orleans!!!! Wink

..............jonny..........I'm gonna save a hug......just for you!!!      Kiss     ...........and.....you best better have your slimey ass in Nashville!!     NO EXCUSES  

BTW Edna.....very nice post.  You are such a sweetie!!
I miss all of you too.   Just think though.....you and Danny live relatively close to Steve and Dianne.  You guys can do lunch sometime!!!     Cool

Love ya,      Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 6:50am »

Great post Edna... it IS an experience. And the look on Danny's face... priceless. I know he went away with a whole different outlook on this disease. WE are educational if nothing else.  

Five years ago when Elaine decided she wanted to meet another clusterhead and others of us decided that sounded like a good idea and we all went to Rochester NY to meet in Dave's garage - EVERYONE thought we were all crazy, but I'll never forget what it was like to "finally" meet another clusterhead and the bonds that were formed in that garage. Since then I've met about 200 of you, but the feeling and the bond is always there each time. When you're with another clusterhead you can "laugh" about this. Alone it's hard to do.  

I've just never figured out how we can recognize each other across a room. Strange.....but it happens.  

I was telling Bill about Danny and he's looking forward to meeting with some of you guys. He says I always come back from these meetings "different".  

And Steve's porch is something else. I think we should just all bring sleeping bags and have the convention on his porch. It's big enough to hold all of us and Dianne could cook for us (bet that one went over good).  Roll Eyes

The only bad part about these meetings is saying goodbye. Always hate that part.  

Oh heck, we're gonna do it again, so there's no need to get like this about it..... right?  We're all going to Nashville, so that's only a few months off.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

jonny

Email

« Reply #35 on: Dec 16th, 2003, 7:18pm »

on Dec 15th, 2003, 9:06pm, Edna wrote:
I now have justification......... Cry Cry Cry......that I have NOT suffered for 26 yrs for no reason. I no longer have to wonder am I only too weak to withstand some pain.....I know I am not alone.........and that no matter where I go.........somebody's got my back if I need!!!

EVERYONE should read whats written above....that is what this is all about!!!!.....that is why we are all here, you are not alone damn it.....We do have your back no matter where you go.

Edna, Ive been here over four years and those words rank right up there with the best I have ever read on this board.......Thank you!

Now I'll have to email Jean about calling my ass slimey......LMMFAO Grin

.......................................jonny
IP Logged
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 12:55am »

Thank you too jonny......for all you do for everyone here.

And rest assured, I'm gonna meet your ass yet!!  LOL

EDNA
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 12:47pm »

mmmmmmm.....Jean?  

I think I stole your cigarette lighter.......I owe ya!

Grin
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss