Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shadows lurking »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   shadows lurking
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shadows lurking  (Read 241 times)
duchartin
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

shadows lurking
« on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A big Hi to my new family members worldwide !

First of all, I want to thank all of you who answered my first message. Fellas, it really helped !

Yesterday (sunday 30) at 22.30, I experienced what you call "shadows", or what I think are "shadows" (pushes behind the eye, unusual warmth in the temporal, stiff muscles in the jaw region...). I was scared like hell because I didn't have any medication home. Luckily, it passed.

I read that "shadows" precede the beginning of the cycle. Is it always the case ? (then I have to worry) or can they just happen to remind us (as if it was necessary...) that the beast is hanging somewhere inside, waiting ?

And now, I go out to buy my FIRST Imitrex. A bit curious what this miracle looks like...

Vibes to all of you "in", especially the chronics !

Martin.
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: shadows lurking
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:03am »

Quote:
I read that "shadows" precede the beginning of the cycle. Is it always the case ?

No, not always.

I haven't had a "cycle" for about 4 years but each year since (except this year) I had daily shadows from January to about March/April. Shadows for this year started about 3 weeks ago, but a "cycle" hasn't started.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
duchartin
New Board Newbie
Belgium 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:23am »

Thanks BobG, you saved my day !!   Cheesy
IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:37am »

Hey Martin,
  I've been out of cycle since mid sept. and still experience shadows on an almost daily basis. Some are very faint and some really suck.
   This is my 5th year with clusters and the first year with shadows on either end. Never had them before cycle.(not yet anyway).
 Take it easy,
...Mark.
IP Logged
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 1:53pm »

Dear duchartin:

I've been out of cycle since April, 2002 and shadowed (sometimes heavily) for about a year.  Then it stopped.  No warning no nothing - until early Oct, 2003.  Had a week of shadows - then stopped.  Been fine since.  (Keeping my fingers crossed)

Don't despair - sometimes shadows are only shadows.

Wishing you all PFDAN always, Linda T

IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
thomas

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 2:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I can get shadows anytime, anywhere - can be very scary if I'm not in cycle.  During a cycle I usually have them all the time.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss