Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Tell me if this makes sense »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Tell me if this makes sense
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Tell me if this makes sense  (Read 423 times)
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

8616152 8616152   mikeyd32  
Email

Tell me if this makes sense
« on: Nov 30th, 2003, 11:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What do you think of this? A friend was telling me that he knows someone who knows someone laugh. I know I know...the quack theories always start out like this one and it might be tuff to prove or disprove unless there is some personal experience here. Anyways...my bud was telling me that a girl he knew was having bad migranes, she went skydiving and got that all to familiar(pop) inside her head....(I get that too with my kip 8-10's) After she went skydiving it went away...for good...she has had no more since then...WASSSAAAAPPPPP?????

So I've been brewing it over in my own teeny tiny mind and realized that my clusters usually go away after I have had 5 or 6 really bad ones every day for a few days after several of the pops.  

My question is....could it be a small bubble of air that is wreaking havoc on our heads? A small bubble maybe trapped near the trigeminal nerve? the area maybe getting a bit ...demoisturized (or something like that) and we get a CH to"remoisturize the area thru the excrutiating pain we all get.  

A small bubble of gas in the brain might explain why they are in the same area but affecting different sides, in different people? maybe that bubble gets there from an airplane ride in a cockpit without cabin pressure regulation, diving, or some other medium of decompression or pressurization.  

These are all things that we have done...swimming and diving, flying in airplanes, skiing(rapid ascent in a chairlift), that kind of thing. I can't really say it for sure...but when he said she felt that pop a few seconds after she jumped out of that perfectly good airplane...something clicked... I get that same feeling like someone is sqeezing a bubble around in some krinkly-paper but have always written it off as bones cracking in my neck from the severe muscle spasms I get in my neck during the really bad ones...

Looking for input....what do yall think?

I'll just wait here...lol laugh
Mikeyd
IP Logged

Waging war with the beast is tiresome & painful but never boring ;-D
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: Tell me if this makes sense
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 11:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Maybe, Don't Know, Possibly, Not Sure.
I've been in planes during a CH and had that pop you get. Never stopped a CH for me. I know what you're saying about the crackling on the neck though. Always have that during a cycle.
Sorry I can't help. Curious what others have to say about your theory.
IP Logged
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 11:59pm »

You didn't jump out of the plane either tho...did U? hehehe laugh
I'm curious if there are any takers on a skydiving excursion to test the theory...I would, but not allowed to do that yet...just had back surgery in May.  
and NO it's not a cop out...I've always wanted to jump out of a completely operational aircraft...or a broken one if I'm in it for that matter...lmaoooo laugh
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:08am »

Hey Mikey.....I'm totally off topic here and I appologize but you mentiond back surgery.......maybe you can help Minni out in her thread askin if anyone has had back surgery.........it's a few threads on down. Be aweful nice of ya !!! Pam that has known people she'd LIKE to PUSH out of a plane  

Thanks !!
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:10am »

Interesting theory.  My first question is, if this is true, wouldn't it show up in an MRA? Or would it?

Certainly more believable, or at least interesting, than, a bump on the head, smoking, drinking, aliens, or some of the other whacko ideas that have been thrown at us!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:15am »

already did it cootie..thanks tho Wink
Mikeyd
Wooohoooo!!! I'm a junior!!! me&mb
IP Logged

mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:17am »

Lmao Chuckster

Maybe that is just one of those things that doesn't show up on an MRI?

IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:18am »

on Nov 30th, 2003, 11:44pm, mikeyd wrote:
What do you think of this? A friend was telling me that he knows someone who knows someone laugh. I know I know...the quack theories always start out like this one and it might be tuff to prove or  
Mikeyd

Your first inclination is usually the correct one Mike.
People (like me) have had clusters alternate sides, even during the same cycle. I don't think the bubble traveled through my brain and just happened to sit below the trigeminal nerve on the opposite side.
People have also had what is called microvascular decompression surgery where they drill a hole in your skull and play around with the nerves and blood vessels in the area of the pain. This is not always successful and would have surely released the bubble.

We all search for that one thing that causes our pain. I used to think that that best and worst thing that could happen would be that after 20 years of clusters, "they" would find an ingrown hair in my scalp, pluck it out and say, 'looky here....WOW...we just cured your cluster problem." I couldn't make up my mind if I would be happy or swallow the barrel of a gun if that ever happened.  Undecided

Good luck Mike. Keep on tryin to figure them out because some day, someone will, and it might as well be you!!

PF

IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:27am »

Damn, Pink, and I thought I was the only one that thought chs were caused by an ingrown hair... Guess I was wrong Roll Eyesnancyc
IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 1:11am »

LMAO Nancy!!!!!!!!

Mikey,  Grin

PS, Pink, he might have something therre with the bubble thing.....maybe drinking causes that bubble, because when i drink i fall down and get a CH!!....LMAO.. laugh laugh
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2003, 1:14am by Mikey » IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 1:45am »

Shouldn't laff...achohol impairs the ability of the medulla oblongata to do it's function(which it is responsible of many of the bodys regulatory systems if bio 202 memory serves correctly). One of those gases regulated by the M.O. is CO2. And alcohol just makes everything more permeable dont yah think? Wink
heh heh
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 4:16am »

I don't know what this may mean but 7 years before my first cluster attack I was flying into Newark airport and the pilot suddenly took very steep bank. The same area where my clusters appeared was hit with the same level of pain I experienced with my clusters. I assumed it was pressure. It lasted about 10 seconds.  

Hurt like hell.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 4:26am »

Clusterhead Bubblehead Wink

I like that theory better than some we've seen here......

like the moldy-shower-curtain theory
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 4:53am »

Mikeyd,  

It´s funny that´s you mention it.  
See, EVERYTIME Jos has an attack, he says when it´s going to the end “I wish it would pop”. In his case, he doesn´t mean a pop in his head, but a pop in his nose, or behind his nose. He says, that whenever he feels it pop, the pain drains instantly.  
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 5:10am »

My ear just gets a "cramp" in it, but have never felt a pop. Think sometimes if they'd just drain my eardrum it would go away.  

Now about the moldy shower curtain - do you mean that's NOT the cause. And I've been bleaching my shower curtain for years to stop these things!!!!! What a waste of time.  

The wild hair theory - never thought of that one. Will bring it up with my neuro the next time I see him. See if he has some tweezers.  

I always thought a broken nose would work. If someone would just punch me in the nose - the HA would bleed out. No takers yet, but I keep aggitating people when I get hit. Someday........

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

don

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:19am »

Quote:
We all search for that one thing that causes our pain

No we don't.

Over the years I have learned to simply accept the fact that I've got em and I leave the searching to the professionals.

I have found that my time and energy is better spent finding affective treatment.
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #16 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:37am »

on Dec 1st, 2003, 5:10am, BarbaraD wrote:
I always thought a broken nose would work. If someone would just punch me in the nose - the HA would bleed out. No takers yet, but I keep aggitating people when I get hit. Someday........

I have always thought a good smack to the head while in the throes would knock the pain right out of there too. No takers yet either.  

I don't have any popping, just the ear cramps like BarbaraD.  

And there is no way I am jumping out of a perfectly good plane just to see if it might fix my screwy head. You guys go first and let me know how it goes, k?
IP Logged

Jackie S.
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 3:47pm »

Barb D, you want someone to break your nose for you...realllllly?  LMAO....seriously, i had my nose broken  and the very next day, my chs started..coincidence, who the hell knows?  Shockednancyc PS, Barb, dont bleach your damn shower curtains, just take them down and go to Walmart and buy new ones...it is much easier.. Grin
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 3:52pm »

I'm an ex-paratrooper with ch, so I think for me the theory doesn't hold water.
IP Logged
miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 5:30pm »

Quote:
my bud was telling me that a girl he knew was having bad migranes, she went skydiving and got that all to familiar(pop) inside her head....(I get that too with my kip 8-10's) After she went skydiving it went away...for good...she has had no more since then...WASSSAAAAPPPPP?????

Hey Mikeyd,

Here's my theory: Maybe that "pop" happened when she hit the ground after finding out she had no parachute.  That could also explain why she never had a headache after that...

Just pulling your leg bro  Wink.  Good theory.

miCHel, who has no theory and no clue on lots of things
IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 5:44pm »

Hey if that's all it took....give me the shoot, strap it on, and off we go....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

http://www.uspa.org/about/gallery%20images/2a.jpg
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
jonny

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 6:03pm »

Did someone say "Strap on"? Grin

..................................jonny
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 6:11pm »

Well if that works too.......... Lips Sealed
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss