Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question for the Chronics (or everyone) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Question for the Chronics (or everyone)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question for the Chronics (or everyone)  (Read 343 times)
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

Question for the Chronics (or everyone)
« on: Nov 30th, 2003, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have a pattern I follow and wondered if it is common...

I will get hammered for two or three days, 8-10 ha's at the 8-9 range on the kip scale and then I will have one day when I will get about 4-5 ha's that reach about 6 on the kip scale. Then two or three more days where I get hammered and one lighter day. It is like this all the time.  

Anyone else go thru a pattern like this? Don't get me wrong, that light day is what keeps me sane most of the time.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

Re: Question for the Chronics (or everyone)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 11:33am »

I run through "cycles" in my chronicness.  I have one or two "cycles" a year.  During my "normal" time, I get one or two hits a day, with an occaisional zero day (live for those!)  During one of my "cycles" I get 6 or more hits a day for about a month or so.  I am presently in the worst "cycle" I have ever had.  It has been going on since July, with 8 to 12 hits a day.  Hopefully it is starting to go away, as I am now down to 5 or 6 hits a day.

That is the way it has been for me for the last six years that I have been chronic.

Good question, as I have often wondered if other chronics have "cycles" within their "chronicness".

Why do I put quotes around the word "CYCLE"?  It is because I am not sure if that is the right term for a chronic to use.  Is it?

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 11:57am »

Mine runs about the same as Chuck's.  Low and high cycles.  When my treatment is working.....I can have some PF days.....when it's not, it's a killer.  PF, to me, is only one or two ch's a day, high cycle is 5 ch's and up... nono.  I love only one or two hits a day.....I would never complain about that.

Just tried to go off of my verap......bad, bad thing to do....  ohjez, knocked me back into a massive, heavy cycle.  mad
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 12:01pm »

Mine do about the same. Cycles within chronicness - love that term.....

The days when I only hit a 4-5 are great. But spring and fall I have "regular" cycles of 8-12 hits a day. Weird but have gotten used to it.  

We're not crazy - just in pain.....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 12:05pm »

on Nov 30th, 2003, 11:57am, Roxy wrote:

Just tried to go off of my verap......bad, bad thing to do....  ohjez, knocked me back into a massive, heavy cycle.  mad

Not too smucken fart, girl!  How do I know?  I did the same thing!  You would think we would be smart enough not to do that ... Oh welll ...  I have never been accused of being a rocket scientist!

I agree, one or two hits a day, is heaven!

Chuck

PS:  Sorry to hear you are still fighting the beastly cycle, Tracy.  Hope you get it back under control soon!  Luv ya ...
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 1:02pm »

I have not found any cycle within being chronic.  I get hit 8x everyday no matter what and almost all the times they are 10's.  Don't know what is up with that.  hmmm.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 3:58pm »

For me, attacks seem random...maybe on a much larger scale than annual, there may be a pattern of sorts.  ie, I may have 8 really bad days, then PF for up to a week.  I am not saying that's how it is always, just that I get occurances like that all year long.  The longest PF time I can remember is 10 days...which was fairly recent and medicated.  I'm gonna see if Lithium is the "numb"er of the beast starting next week.   Grin

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 8:04pm »

I have to agree with Roxy.

PF to me is 2 or 3 per day.

The rest is not considered living.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm not a chronic so far. Thank God. But the last 12 weeks have been more or less a roller coaster ride. 10's to 8's back to 10's to 5's to 9's to 7's to 10's etc. etc. Only a couple days off during this whole time. Usually average about 3-4 hits a day.

Sending you vibes for PFD's. Wishing you all the best !!!
IP Logged
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 9:35pm »

Yup..I have cycles within my chronicness...I had a lovely bout in July  and now I am getting hammered again.

I think I just need to take a couple of asprin and go lay down and destress a little and it might go away.
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #10 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:12am »

Thanks for the input. I did notice that June & July were rather peaceful. 2-3 hits per day and if I can remember correctly only 4s and 5s. It seems that I start ramping up in late August real good and run hard thru the middle of May every year.  

Life is an adventure, ain't it?
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #11 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:21pm »

Yep, I have cycles within my chronicness.  About every 3 months. About 70% of the time my chronicness is tolerable with 3 or 4 ha's a day at a KIP 6 or so.  The other 30% of the time they hit around 6 times a day at a KIP 9 or 10.
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:38pm »

For me (and granted I am new to this considering) They started in July was getting hit about 3-4 times a day, (at that point I thoguht that was really bad) and about half were K8 or higher.  This went on for about 4 weeks gradually getting hit more times a day, then about 6 weeks into it I was getting hit about 7-8 times a day and mostly K7 and above.  Early Sept I hit consecutive K9-10 for about 3 days and ended up in the er. Then they gradually went back down to 12 PF days and then it started all over again. I am at my peek again (at least I think it is, God I hope it is) and I am praying that it wil cycle back down again.  

I hope that makes sence, I am at work, but still really wiped form yestaerday.

Tiannia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss