Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Who Serves in The Military in Your Family? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Who Serves in The Military in Your Family?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Who Serves in The Military in Your Family?  (Read 385 times)
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

Who Serves in The Military in Your Family?
« on: Nov 27th, 2003, 2:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After reading the thread started by Jason (samurai) and seeing all of the responses, my natural curiosity was peaked!

How many of you out there have served or have sons, daughters, husbands, wives, neices, nephews, brothers, sisters, etc. that are serving our country in the U.S. Military?  

I think it would be appropriate to give those folks some special recognition especially on today of all days.

Speak up folks!

Donna D.
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: Who Serves in The Military in Your Family?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 2:35am »

My only son serves in the National Guard ...He had orders for Kuwait and then they were changed(this has happened four times) while he was in Kentucky...then he was sent to Ft Bragg, NC...waiting to see what is next for him...they are saying possibly letting him come home in the next few months for a month, reissue new papers and then send him to Iraq...he has been gone since last March....His 19 month old son and wife are here in Columbia, SC with me... Sadnancyc
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2003, 2:36am by nancyc » IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 3:36am »

My father, father-in-law, and uncles served in WWII and Korea, my brother and I during Vietnam, one son recently discharged from the Navy, and my other son and daughter-in-law are both in the Navy, and he just returned from the gulf, off Iran.

Military service goes back a long way in my family, even to the revolutionary war, but THAT relative was on the loosing side, so was another relative in WWI.  But at least they were there for thier country, even if it is not my country!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 8:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Served aboard the USS Missouri in Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm, & the lesser known but still war dammit...Operation Earnest Will.  

Fear God...Dreadnaught...Hoo Rah.

Last of the Battleship Sailors...Jim

IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 8:44am »

My cousin in the in Army.  He is home from Iraq now.  He lost a few of his men in the helicopter that was shot down recently.   Cry
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #5 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 8:45am »

My family is a five generation military family.  

I am a vet myself. But right now this is who is in:

My oldest sister is in the Reserves, her oldest daughter is also in the Reserves, also her oldest son is Active Duty Army. My other sisters oldest son is Active Duty Air Force. I have a cousin that is Air Force also.

My Grandfather was in Korea. His brother was in WWII.

That is all that I can remember at the moment.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 9:10am »

Both my grandfathers and my father, who are all deceased, served in the Army in WWII and Vietnam.  Currently I have 2 brother-in-laws in the Marine Corps.  One of them served his 4 years and is home and going to start college 2nd semester, the other is currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan, we won't see him until July of next year.  I also have a cousin who is in the Marine Corps. and is stationed in Hawaii.  We have been very fortunate none of them have had to go to Iraq or Afghanistan.  They have gone to other countries with civil unrest though, and it is still worrysome.

To all Vets and Active Military Members, God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!

Smileymel
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2003, 9:12am by Melissa » IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 9:18am »

My husband is active duty Air Force and has done 2 tours in Bosnia, 2 tours in Korea and was deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom and was an integral part of Operation Anaconda.  He's a meteorologist and the weather plays a critical role in anything the military does from flying to ground assaults.

My Dad was in the Canadian Navy and served on the HMCS Bonaventure (now scrap metal), but at the time Canada's only air craft carrier.

My daughter (9) made me very proud yesterday.  In school they were telling everyone what they were thankful for.  All the kids were saying their families and good fortune etc, and Andrea said she was thankful for her Freedom.  It warmed my heart and I swelled with pride knowing that she was able to grasp the meaning of being free.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
jonny

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 9:20am »

Brockton mom thankful her son survived Iraq accident
By Jessica Heslam
Thursday, November 27, 2003 When Janet Damon sits down at her dining room table in Brockton today, she will give thanks that her youngest son is alive.  

``We're certainly thankful for Peter's life and his wonderful attitude,'' said the 64-year-old mother of Army Sgt. Peter J. Damon, who lost both his arms Oct. 21 when the tire from a Black Hawk helicopter exploded.  

Damon remains in Washington, D.C., at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center.  

The 31-year-old father of two plans to come home to Brockton for Christmas but when he will be released from the hospital for good is unclear, his mother said yesterday while busily preparing a turkey feast.  

``He's doing wonderful. He's coming along really great. He's getting fitted for his prosthetics,'' Damon said. ``He's making a lot of progress.''  

The tire explosion occurred in Balad, about 40 miles north of Baghdad, and claimed the life of 19-year-old Pfc. Paul Bueche of Alabama. Damon has told loved ones he is happy to be alive.  

Last weekend, Damon's fiance, Jennifer Maunus, who is the mother of their two children, Allura, 6, and Daniel, 18 months, went to the capital to visit Damon. His brothers and best friend were also there.  

``They all went down to see him and he got to stay in the hotel room with them and visit the Smithsonian,'' Damon said.  

The wounded soldier comes from a military family. Three of his mother's brothers were in the Air Force, and one of them was killed at age 21 in a plane crash at Travis Air Force base in California.  

The youngest of three brothers, Damon plans to spend Thanksgiving with a ``fellow from his unit'' who lives in Washington.  

``I was really very excited about that. I didn't want to see him sitting in the hospital room by himself,'' Damon said.  

IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 4:30pm »

I've been in for the last 13 years.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 5:19pm »

bash My father was in WWII where he obtained 2 Purple Hearts. I joined the Air Force during Vietnam and was in there from 67-71. I joined the US Army Reserve in 1973 where I was a Drill Sgt. from 76-93 and was a Tank Commander from 94-99 when I retired with 30 years.
Jimi
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

thomas

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 5:45pm »

I had a great uncle who survived Pearl Harbor, one who was MIA in Korea, one in Vietnam, and myself 4 years active duty Ft. Bragg NC home of the AIRBORNE, yes I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes - and loved every minute of it.
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 6:56pm »

Daughter was in army reserves for 11 years but just got out this past year........her new husband and inlaws wanted her OUT.....and she just had a second baby. Have uncles that were in wold war 11 as was Brad's dad and few uncles also. I have that's now station'd back in England where he was married years ago and met his wife and lives and was on the front lines in Kuwait. Pam that wears army boots
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 7:27pm »

Dad was in briefly at Aberdeen Proving Ground in 1942-3. He got pneumonia and they sent him home where he contracted to make some small parts for Piper Aircraft. He even got a break on gas rationing because they considered it a war industy, even though it was only a small machine shop.  

Anyway, he loved the service and even though he was never deployed, he talked about it all the time.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 27th, 2003, 7:56pm »

Well everyone knows my family... My oldest son Scott is an Army OH-58D Helicopter Pilot for the 1st Cavalry Ft Hood TX... awaiting deployment...He also served 8 years in the Marines leaving to become a Warrant Officer and fly copters.
 My son Sean is a Sgt in the Marine Corps just returning from deployment.
 My Brother Buddy is a Navy veteran serving off the coast of Viet Nam
 Daves brothers John and Mark were on the same ship together in the Viet Nam conflict
 Scott and Seans Dad Michael... is recently returned from duty as a UN Peace Keeping Police Officer in Kosovo he was a Marine Lt. ..................  

and I belong to an Army of One~~~Stressed out Millitary Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 8:42am »

on Nov 27th, 2003, 5:45pm, thomas wrote:
yes I jumped out of perfectly good airplanes - and loved every minute of it.

It isn't the jumping out of perfectly good airplanes (there isn't one) that strikes me as daring, it's the jumping out of that airplane into HOSTILE territory that boggles my mind!! LOL

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
BillyJ.

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 28th, 2003, 10:23pm »

my nephew(nieces husband )Christopher is normally stationed in Fort Bragg,NC. He is a PVT. in the 2nd Battalion 325th unit in the 82nd Airborne Division.right now he's near Baghdad they say he should be coming home late Jan - early Feb.I keep everyone in the military in my prayers.
        Minnie
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 4:27pm »

Awesome gif.  Thanks KOP
IP Logged
thomas

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 29th, 2003, 4:29pm »

on Nov 28th, 2003, 8:42am, catlind wrote:

It isn't the jumping out of perfectly good airplanes (there isn't one) that strikes me as daring, it's the jumping out of that airplane into HOSTILE territory that boggles my mind!! LOL

Cat

Somebody has got to clear the way for the ground pounders.
IP Logged
Leesa
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 5:04pm »

Uncle in during Korea Army, father in Korea Air Force (air craft mechanic), brother in during Libia (sp) cousin in during Nam Army (2 tours had the scares to prove it) cousin in now in Iraq, Dave in during Navy Desert Storm and Desert Shield. Too many others to list in all branches of the service. God bless them all for some gave all!
IP Logged

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Smiley
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss