Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Surprise! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Surprise!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Surprise!  (Read 1201 times)
samurai

Email

Surprise!
« on: Nov 26th, 2003, 7:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey everybody!
  Freedom! They let me loose for a couple of days for Thnksgiving, so I'm gonna be around until Sat.  
  I have been having a great time training! We're still getting reorganized, changing our training to suit the mission, and getting everybody recertified in basic tasks like first aid, communications, weapons maint. etc.... but I'm having a blast! It's great to be back with the guys, living out of the barracks!
  My Mom has been real busy, and hasn't had time to get on to the website yet, but I have my new address:

COMMANDER, B Company, 1-161 IN (M)
ATTN: PFC Aubin, Jason S.
B Company/1-161 IN (M), 81st ARMOR BDE
Box 339548
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433-9545

Like I said, I'll be around (the site) for a few days, and I should get another short leave around Christmas. You guys have been awesome, and I really appreciate the support. If y'all need anything, let me know!

Jason
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 7:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What a pleasant surprise.... Cheesy
Nice to hear from you, Jason.

Happy Thankgiving,
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:02pm »

thanks for the address... We will definately be in touch from our house... do you have any idea when you will be shipping out?  Have a wonderful holiday and remember to tell your mom I am here for support..... love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:04pm »

Great news that you get to hang with us for a few more days.

Tell me Bro.....if your weapon was takin away could you whoop some rag head ass hand to hand?

I guess what im saying is are you a blackbelt and could Jackie Chan some ass?

.......................................jonny
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:11pm »

Have a great Thanksgiveing Jason.......hope ya don't git close enuff to any rag heads ta 'see the whites of there beady bloodshot eyes' but if ya do....and sounds like you will.......be careful !!!!! Thanks for the addy too.....will mail get to ya the entire time yer gone at that same addy ? Good luck to ya when ya leave......stay out of the Raghead Disco's Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

samurai

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:13pm »

Hi Ree!
  I will give my Mom your address, for sure!  
The plan may change, but as it stands now, we leave the U.S. at the start of Feb. for Kuwait. Our training time there is still uncertain, we will acclimate and prepare to move from Kuwait up the main highway to Baghdad. We're probably going to be attached to an armor division, which means tanks(!), and we will move up to Baghdad to relieve the 82nd Airborne division by March at the latest.

Jason
P.S. As you probably know, the Army reserves the right to change everything at the last minute!
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:16pm »

on Nov 26th, 2003, 8:13pm, samurai wrote:
 P.S. As you probably know, the Army reserves the right to change everything at the last minute!

Hmmmmm!

You a black belt or what?

...............................jonny

Edit.....Dude, they let you out of training to come home for thanksgiving when they are dieing for replacements in Iraq?
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:25pm by jonny » IP Logged
samurai

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:27pm »

Jonny, the answer to your question is Yes! I have trained in like 8 or so martial arts, to get a complete style. Striking(karate, jungyae-moosul,boxing), grappling(wrestling, collegiate and greco-roman, aikido, brazilian jujutsu) and some great mental training from Tai Chi, Aikido, and Kenjutsu(japanese swordwork).

Cootie, I will get a new address when I get into Baghdad and we take over the area for the 82nd. It will probably be an Army P.O. box, or something like it. I will not get anything sent too close to the Feb. deployment, the Army mail system is kinda slow!

Jason

We've been training 7 days a week, 12-14 hours a day, so three days off isn't really much lost time. Our rotation schedule is written by the higher ups, so we go when they send us.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:37pm by samurai » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:51pm »

Happy Thanksgiving Jason!  Enjoy your free time Smiley

Cheesymel
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:51pm »

on Nov 26th, 2003, 8:13pm, samurai wrote:

Grin

...................................jonny
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 8:58pm »

I guess things have really changed.....my daughter was in the army reserves for 11 years in communications and worked with a hospital unit and just got out this past year......they follow'd a schedule like clockwork. She woulda left for Kuwait within the month after a few weeks of speical training down south if they hadn't let her out. (she'd just had anouther baby) Pam that's no longer got a recruit among us
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

jonny

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:07pm »

"Sat. morning I move into barracks on Ft. Lewis and go into lockdown. I may get some time for holiday breaks, but I don't know.  "

Seems to me Jason when you said this Nov 20th and now its the 26th.....it dont jive with your "We are training 7 days a week.

WHAT A FUCKING CROCK!!!!!....BUSTED!

.........................................jonny
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:11pm »

Jason, thanks for the address..will be in touch real soon...my son came home from Ft. Bragg today for a 5 day break...they are saying he may come home within the next three months and then be called back  a month later for Iraq...I pray they dont call him back in once he gets home and I pray your orders are changed and You never leave the USA!...I will be in touch with you soon...let your mom know, I am here for her also...always nice to have the moms band together...us moms can be hell when it comes to our sons/daughters Grin...Take care and know you are loved here  in Clusterville!  Smileynancyc  PS have fun on your break...eat lots of turkey!
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:12pm by nancyc » IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:12pm »

Wish my kid was still online...she knows the reserves like the backa her hand.......she keeps in touch with her unit and alot of the sergents and has friends in other units around the US. Kinda wish she coulda stayed in the reserves after 11 years and retired......but GLAD she didn't have to go....."over there" ! Pam with lots of army pics from the past
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:14pm by cootie » IP Logged

samurai

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:20pm »

Busted?  I don't get it. Thanksgiving is a holiday! The change is that we are not in the kind of lockdown that we were worried about. When you take a reserve unit into active duty, training for combat, a lot of guys have to make a sudden adjustment back to full time Army standards. I was dissappointed to find that the reserve standards are pretty relaxed compared to regular Army. We feared a total lockdown because there are a lot of guys who have relaxed their discipline, and the commanders might lock us up to lessen the chance of AWOLs and excessive drinking/partying interfering with the training and prep. As it turns out we have made the transition smoothly and are training hard on a daily basis, thus the commanders have allowed the off duty privileges such as holidays. I hope this explains things better, if I sounded contradictory!

Jason

BTW my unit activated on Nov. 15th and moved on Nov. 22nd. It's the 26th and I worked today, so that's 11 days in a row. Tomorrow will be my first day off.
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:24pm by samurai » IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:26pm »

It dont explain "7 days a week 12-14 hours a day" in 6 days....

Does it?

...........................jonny
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:29pm »

Jason, i understood what you said perfectly...my son's unit got lots of weekends off and free time the first time they  got their orders to go to Kuwait.Thank God, those orders were changed!..He was in Kentucky at the time...He was suppose to be on lockdown but that was a joke in the reserves...The guys in his unit would go out and party and come back before time to train the next morning...then they would give them weekends off the base...so I was not surprised when you said you got leave for the holidays...Enjoy your time off and have FUN! smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:45pm »

Jason,

Please let us know how you go into Army training 6 days ago and tell us you have been training 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day.

You called it "Lock down" training....seems to me thats Vacation training when many Americans are being killed while your having turkey.

What up with that?

.............................jonny
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:55pm »

Jason,
Sounds like you are definately ready to kick some ASS ! Use that training wisely and come home safe.  
Love what your doing for us bro.
Happy Thanksgiving !
IP Logged
samurai

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 9:56pm »

Sigh.  Jonny, are you reading my posts all the way through?
I was activated(active duty) on the 15th of Nov. We moved to Ft. Lewis on the 22nd. It's the 26th. 26-15 is 11 days straight.  Lockdown has been circumvented by those long 11 days of hard work, setting a good standard.  We can't move up our deployment date. I can't get over there any earlier than when they let us go, and we have time to train and even spend a few days with our families, I am sorry if that's not acceptable to you, I am doing what I can.
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:16pm »

on Nov 26th, 2003, 9:56pm, samurai wrote:
  I am sorry if that's not acceptable to you, I am doing what I can.

Gee, I sure hope it's acceptable for "General" Jonny  Grin

take care of yourself Jason.

Jim

IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:21pm »

on Nov 26th, 2003, 10:16pm, JDH wrote:
Gee, I sure hope it's acceptable for "General" Jonny  Grin

LMMFAO!!!!!   crackup
IP Logged
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:26pm »

Way cool Jason!!  

So glad you got this "extra" time with your family... one more thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving right?  Smiley

Enjoy it while you're here and Happy Thanksgiving!!  

Pepper  cool2
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
jonny

Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:26pm »

Not much gets by the General.........King to your ass!!!

.....................................jonny
IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 26th, 2003, 10:32pm »

Jason...I get it! My nephew has been on stand-by, stand-down.....up and down now for 6 weeks....they train him hard, then they send him home for Thanksgiving......sheesh....and they say WIMMEN\can't make up their minds.....!!
My husband is a 3rd dan Black Belt in Kyokushinkaikan, Jason.....he's got the mind/body/spirit thing as well....He says I have the Bushido spirit.....does that count?? Use your spirit and your training to keep yourself safe when you arrive there....or better yet....maybe the big guys will do an about face, and you will get to stay stateside....battling the beast should be enough fighting for any person! I know, I know...you are looking forward to going to Iraq.....so just be very careful, please!
As for time off for Thanksgiving......Hey! Lucky you! Ummmm, wonder where you'' be on yer B'day, Mother's Day....and a myriad of other important days in your life.
Enjoy the break....and thank you, again, Jason, for being ready to be called into action whenever the brass decides it's time. Godspeed....
Cathi
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss