Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Time to talk with my family! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Time to talk with my family!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Time to talk with my family!  (Read 1290 times)
Dave_Emond
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Time to talk with my family!
« on: Nov 25th, 2003, 2:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My Family,
 Time I let you all know what’s been going on regarding trying to figure out just what has been causing my health problems over the last 3 months. Looks like we finally have a verdict, I’ve been silent up until now, as the news is not good and I’ve been trying to get a grasp on it myself. Spent 4 agonizing hours on the MRI table early last week at the request of a Neurosurgeon from Missouri for a full spine examination.
Conclusion:
Two small spinal tumors between the meninges (membranes covering the spinal cord) and the bones of the spine (extradural) behind the thoracic spinal cord at the T5-6 and T9-10 levels.
Next step, tomorrow morning: An MRI scan of the thoracic spine with and without IV enhancement for further evaluation.
 T1 weighted sagittal and axial images of the thoracic spine prior to and after contrast medium are administered.
 So, what does this mean? They’ll do MRI’s of my Thoracic Spine from many positions, then shoot me up with a dye and do them again. The results will tell if anything can be done to stop these tumors. Right now, options are limited; if they find the tumors are still growing we’re looking at dangerous surgery that can lead to permanent paralysis, if surgery cannot be done, death.
 Apparently, these tumors are compressing against the spinal cord, blocking signals such as nerves and other messages to the brain. The signals are routed elsewhere, explaining the severe pain, tremors, loss of use of legs and the many other symptoms.  
 Of course, I’ve been having to “get my affairs in order,” wills, looking to close my business and sell off my tools, equipment and truck. Cut down my warehouse to a size to fit our household belongings and sell our home. As a last straw, might have to drop my nonprofit for abused children. Hard to guess where to go from there.  
 Although everything might seem lost, my attitude has changed tonight. For those of faith (and even those who are not), it was an interesting evening tonight. Only knowing that I was ill, a group of people came over wanting to pray for me, saying they had felt compelled to. I showed them the MRI photos of the tumors and told them about the Chronic CH. They were not phased. As a Christian myself, I agreed to let them pray over me. After all, what brought them all here tonight of all nights? I knew a couple of them from the local mission, but not the others. My fears are gone, whether I’ll be healed or not. I have been wondering why I didn’t die in that ambulance a while back. I had always figured I still had things to do with my life and future, but at that point I was ready to go. But, maybe it wasn’t my time? Maybe it isn’t now? Maybe it is? Either way, the fear is gone. Strange how life works, 3 months ago before all this started, I felt invincible. If I could live with the daily torture of Clusters, what could possibly bring me down? Sure, I spent my share of nights rolling on the floor begging for death, as I’m sure many understand. Now when it becomes reality, I tend to want to keep fighting no matter how bad it gets. I’ve learned a few things; don’t ever say, “It can’t get worse than this!” and as Annette always reminds me, “Be careful what you wish for!”
 Anyway, I’m not looking for pity no matter what happens. You all have become part of my family and I thought I should let you know now. Tonight was special, but tomorrow and throughout the week of waiting for results, I come to my family and ask for your prayers as well, I’ll take all I can get to remain strong and accept whatever may be. And for Annette as well. Been kind of a "zombie" for the last week, but am no longer scared to think or talk about it, especially with my family here. Thanks for all the support through this, we’ll know soon now.
God Bless,
Dave
IP Logged

Obstacles are those frightful things we see when we take our minds off our goals.
BlueMeanie

Email

Re: Time to talk with my family!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 2:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Dave,

I'm a newbie on the board here, but not new to CH. I know if you've had the will to hang in ther all these years with CH, you also have the will to fight this even more devastating beast. Just wanted you to know the I will pray for you tonight and send good vibes your way.

Never give up hope !!
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 2:45am »

Hi there Dave

Just know that i pray and cross fingers for you.In this cases its importent for us to never give up and just have high hopes for a soon recovery.

All good wibes is on the expressway to you and your family

The very best from

The mad viking

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 4:32am »

Hi Dave,
My thoughts and pryers are with you.
Sorry I did not get the chance to meat you when I was in the USA.
Love Joke
IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 5:35am »

Dave,

My prayers are with you.  

Whatever I can do - you know I'm here for you....

Hugs to you and Annette
BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 5:59am »

Dave,
what can I say? I wish you and your family the best.
Lots of prayers are on the way!
God bless & many, many PFdays,

wishes,  
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 6:26am »

Dave,
Dont really know what to say except that you are in my thoughts. I pray that things work out and you will be able to conquer this.

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 7:04am »

Wish I had something profound to say.

I think you've been doing well with this and hitting all the bases. Heading for home is a good idea now.

You have all my vibes and even a prayer or two. It certainly does no harm.

I say it all the time but how about one damn thing at a time? It's your turn for a break Dave.

All my best wishes.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Melissa

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 7:45am »

My heart is filled with sadness and tears for you Dave.  Know that I am asking God to give you a blessing and a miracle, even though I know it may seem "out there".  I am here if ever you or Annette need me.  Much love to you both, try and stay positive.

love, mel
IP Logged
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 7:56am »

Hang in there, Dave.  
Us CH'ers have more strength and will power than anyone.  
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 8:45am »

Dave:

I just don't know what to say except how much I wish you didn't have this happening to you.

You and your not for profit org. have been a blessing to others, and I'm praying for a special blessing and healing for you.  You're one of the really good guys.

IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 8:48am »

I don't know what to say ..........  

You have a good attitude!    I dont know if I could ever be that strong.    

Prayers to you ........and Annette.     hug

Tina  Kiss
IP Logged
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 8:55am »

Dave,

You have shown us incredible courage and wisdom, how often do we get to see both of those attributes in one package? Personally, you have shown me that life should be lived proudly, I will be making some changes in my life because of this. Thank you.

You have a family of Gladiators, that don’t give up, who are watching your back. I believe that we channel massive amounts of healing energy, and you should be our proof. Stay strong, stay positive and know that we are in your corner.  

All my prayers and vibes to you,
David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
thomas

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 9:08am »

Wishing you the best of luck.  Pulling for you Smiley
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 9:58am »

Dave you got everything it takes to be a survivor!
Faith, Love, Family, Friends and a Good Attitude. I know a Survivor!

I know it is hard to ask for help and vent ....its ok to do it!  You know how to reach me anytime day or night . You came to the right place for prayer. I am here to tell you these people know how to pray and send vibes, and they work Wink!

I will be praying for your road to recovery to be short!  

Get well soon !

IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:10am »

Dave and Annette, my biggest ass vibes and prayers are going up to you 2.
Let us know how todays results turn out,
I'm so glad you have such a good attitude,
this will take you FAR.
Love to both of you,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:18am »

Dave,

Sincerely, I am shocked and sad to hear this news.  I admire all the work you have done in spite of what is happening.  I had read your posts about what was happening to you, but I didn't realize it had continued on - and I can only say you have a special drive and determination that is uncommon.  

As many have said here before, you have a whole lot of strength around you with this family.  Clearly, you have a spirit that is not easy to conquer. I pray for you, Annette and your family to have strength for eachother, come what may.  

Healing thoughts to you,  
Peppermint
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:19am by Peppermint » IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:36am »

Dave, sending enormous prayers your way!!
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:45am »

Bro, you know without question, my prayers are with you and Annette....I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God answers them too....I believe in the power of healing...There are so many things I could share with you that happened about four years ago with me that proves that!  Know if you guys ever need me, I am only a phone call away....God bless both of you thru this trying time...and grow in your faith....because this is a time to Grow...and learn and Love and HEAL!....smiles, nancyc
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:51am »

Dave.........sumtimes it's darkest before the storm....I'm a firm believer of that theory !!! Hopein things settle down soon where you can get a grip on what you 'can or can't do' with the docs and back deal or surgery....and maybe sum other options come up along the way to let you ride the storm out ! Hang in there........time will tell...have seen many a bad prognosis fly out the window with the wind......be strong......good vibes comein your way that this all can work out for you in style. Pam the bad back sufferer 'in check'
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:54am »

Dave and Annette,
you are both in my prayers and we are sending you strength to get through the coming days.  We are not to challenge God's will - you and I both know that - but we ARE here to fellowship and witness the Grace (as happened to you last night with your neighbours).  I have a feeling that's just the first of the blessings and miracles that are headed your way, Dave.  
Have the surgery - take the chance.  You DO have an army of warriors behind you and if you end up in a wheelchair, then so be it.  We'll help you get around.  I'm sure Annette has wanted to push you around for awhile anyhow!  Wink  Just kidding, trying to help you find your smile.  
Give this one to God, Dave - He will make the right choices for you.  And, I'm very proud of you for finding peace with this - THAT's the best first step you could have taken.  It will be smooth sailing from here.
Hugs and prayers,
Margi

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2003, 10:55am by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 12:48pm »

Dave,

I'm sending my best wishes to you for a speedy and healthy recovery, and also to your family for strength.  You, my friend, are one tough guy.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Jayne
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Pull my finger!

Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 1:08pm »

It's wierd Dave....last night I went to bed and prayed to God for about one hour and asked him to stop some of the awful pain and sufferring people have to endure in this world. I have never done that before. I will pray again tonight, but this time I will pray for you.
Love Jayne
IP Logged

If you haven't laughed today, it's been a wasted day. Smiley
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 1:12pm »

I'm at a loss for words and something in my eyes  Cry makes it hard to see the screen.

We will be praying for a fast and complete recovery.

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
ozzman
New Board Old Timer
USA 

We who are not as others -- Chaos A.D. --Sepultura

OzzyVal
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 1:17pm »

Dave,

You are in my prayers now. Like Margi says, take the surgery, even if it is risky, put yourself in God's hands and He'll guide you with what is the best decision.

Ozzy
IP Logged

"Always remember rule ONE" --Lu-Tze
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss