Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Can trauma cause the beast to return? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Can trauma cause the beast to return?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Can trauma cause the beast to return?  (Read 289 times)
Orneryolefart
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can trauma cause the beast to return?
« on: Nov 24th, 2003, 2:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks to all for responses to my previous post.  I have been a "clusterhead" (just learned that term from this site) since 1959.  Had more attacks during my 35 - 50 yrs.  Have not had an attack for more than 8 years, then the beast returns about 10 days ago.  I had a miserable trip to Costa Rica (not the country, 'twas the companion) the latter part of September.  First week in October had a malaginant tumor removed from my bladder (they didn't open me for the surgery, so that left only two ways to get to the bladder, and they didn't go through my throat) Last week in October I had surgery to correct a deviated septum.  I'm wondering if all this might have brought the beast back.  Has anyone had experience in whether or not trauma causes the beast to return?
    Heretofore, my wife has detected behavorial changes in me and got me on the Lithium and have not had CH's.  This time the rascals slipped in without warning.
     Orneryolefart near Houston, TX
IP Logged

The Orneryolefart in Texas
thomas

Email

Re: Can trauma cause the beast to return?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 2:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

IMHO  yes it can. Smiley
IP Logged
paul_b
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

guido90601  

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 2:40pm »

Do not know of any direct cause/effect relationship but did experience my worst bout the year I was going to retire. Stress was a factor for me. Sometimes the Beast hit shortly after the stress period ended and sometimes during the "high" stress period.
IP Logged
River_Rat
New Board Old Timer
USA 

NUFF SAID!!!

realtornorm  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 3:46pm »

I'm not sure either but I think stress has brought me into cycles before, but who knows they may have come anyway,

LEE
IP Logged
ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 4:53pm »

For me, I can amost guarantee I'll get one right before I present to a group - high stress for me. Those are the really nasty ones.

If the kids in class are being particularly "kid"-like, it can bring them on - also high stress...

Chris
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24th, 2003, 8:22pm »

Dave nearly broke his neck on a trampoline belonging to his nephew... he had only been out of cycle a year and usually went about 2 1/2 or 3 years tween cycles... he had an immediate attack that night and had the longest cycle ever... 7 months straight ended in the hospital on DHE....... was pretty bad... also this last cycle followed knee surgery........ so I think going under anesthesia can also trigger a cycle.................. ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 2:18am »

I was episodic for over 20 years...was in a car wreck about 4 years ago...had a concussion...the next day my chs came back .......it was not time for my cycle to begin...the only problem, my chs never left...i became chronic after this...explain that... Shockednancyc
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 2:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Not sure. I was pretty stressed when this cycle started, but every Sept-Dec. I have CH.
I think for some reason they will always return sooner or later.
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 6:01am »

In my case, stress definetily brings the beast back! Angry

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2003, 6:35am »

This was a very stressful year for me. Always get my CH in Sept but my Mom passed away 2 months earlier and so far (knock on wood) no CH. My thoughts on that are that my Mom had given me once last gift and that was to be PF.  
I personally feel that when the beast is ready to dance, he does.

Suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss