Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:27am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « has anyone ever had a comparable pain? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   has anyone ever had a comparable pain?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: has anyone ever had a comparable pain?  (Read 752 times)
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

has anyone ever had a comparable pain?
« on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was just wondering if anybody had ever had other severe pain that the could comepare to CH?  I have never really had any other bad pain, but have heard that people the have CH always say CH is worse.  Just wondering. Huh Huh Huh
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

Re: has anyone ever had a comparable pain?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 1:43am »

have you read the Kip scale to the left???

There is no pain greater that I know.

I can only guess that having your leg cut off by a very dull serrated hack saw with no medication or numbing whatsoever while at the same time having your face branded like a cow with a hot iron might be comparable.

Goodness I hope I never have to feel that!!!  The difference is, even if you were the unlucky one that had a bad experience as described, you could rest assured that once it was over, it's over.

With CH, well, you know....
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 5:24am »

Surely, you jest.....and yes...I'm still calling you Shirley.

Nothing even registers a blip on my screen.

Lucky us.  Angry

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 5:46am »

I guess most of us have had some other pain that equals CH in its "intensity" (I hate going to the dentist), but I've yet to suffer anything that equals CH in its hopeless "debilitativeness"(?). ie. there's nothing you can do to really lessen the pain until it decides to go away.  The dentist's drill only hurts my tooth but CH hurts my head and makes the whole of me pretty darn miserable.

Thank God for verpamil & imigran.  Smiley
IP Logged

- Aleksi
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 7:11am »

Heck, the CH hurts my TOOTH too, so that elimates the dentist.....  Wink

Been through childbirth --- CH is MUCH worse. Broken bones - CH is worse. Surgery - CH is worse.  

So I guess NO -  nothing even comes close to CH...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 7:23am »

Blake says NOPE....nothing hurts like a cluster.  He had kidney stones last Jan. (New Years Eve acutally)...says that hurt like holly hell but didn't reach a Kip 10....not by a long shot.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Been through childbirth also, no epidural or anything and CH is worse.  I would rather give birth once a day than have an episode of CH.
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:46am »

While accidentally putting weight on shattered heel did hurt  Shocked , I quickly 'learned' not to. Wink        
ie. common sense allowed me to control the worst of the pain.   Roll Eyes

Wish I could do that with CH.

grant
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:47am by brain_cramps » IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:00am »

Never had a child. I think it may be just as bad. Having a child every day for 3 months.

WOW !! Don't think SOOOOOOOOO.

Without a PFD for 8 days now. Just venting ya know.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
J.ten_Dam
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

poldertocht  
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:02am »

I have had three hernias at the same time and kept faling jet CH is wors with my back I could controle the pain with CH you cant
IP Logged

wish you PFDAN
don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:08am »

A therapist once told me that pain is just a concept. That it is a learning experiance that should be embraced.

My response.

The next time you feel a tension headache coming on, run down to the commuter rail station and embrace the front of the speeding locomotive. Then you  to can learn about CH.

What a fucking ditz!
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #11 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:20am »

Well, recently I had a wisdom tooth abcess out of the blue and for some odd reason they couldn't numb it. I coudn't stand it in my mouth anymore and couldn't afford an oral surgeon and by the time we figured out the blasted thing wasn't going to stay numb for more than 60 seconds, she had busted it thru the roots. I made her pull it without anesthesia...that pain came close...lol. But still didn't hit it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this since having CH? I never had problems like this before CH, maybe it was the meds complicating things. ????

Don't care to repeat the experience.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:29am »

Cluster pain is repetitive, relentless - like a speeding locamotive we know will come again and again.  A "trauma" kind of pain is visible and can be attended to and resolved.  To date, clusters are not privy to such resolution.  That to me is a big factor with this illness.

I have been involved in numerous "trauma" situations.  Believe me they ALL hurt like freaking hell.  I recall one vehicular accident in a volkswagon "Thing" (remember them?)...the driver fellasleep at the wheel and hit a telephone poll.  I was the passenger.  40 MPH  - with an impact ratio of 80mph.....Jaws of life took apart the car and got me out.  It was months of hospitalization involving orthopedic invasions you can't imagine.

However, it is over.  I can barely remember the agonies I endured.

Clusters have no resolution.  That fact alone plays with a person's mind and contributes significantly to the disorder.  

Pain that is not visible to the outside world, pain that causes a person to isolate --- to me that is the cruelest form of pain and much harder to endure -- AGAIN and AGAIN.  It's never OVER. Cry
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:31am by kim » IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:14pm »

Great post, Kim! The last couple lines really hit the nail on the head.

on Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:29am, kim wrote:
Clusters have no resolution.  That fact alone plays with a person's mind and contributes significantly to the disorder.  

Pain that is not visible to the outside world, pain that causes a person to isolate --- to me that is the cruelest form of pain and much harder to endure -- AGAIN and AGAIN.  It's never OVER. Cry

(I had to go back and re-read it --- was kinda expecting "kimspeak" LOL)

IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:19pm »

I agree 100%. If there was some treatment that could forever rid me of CH, the pain would be easier..... Meds, no matter how well they work, just keep it from happening. I know one will sneak in sooner or later.  

I hate the thought of CH being there, lurking, just waiting for a chance to appear.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 5:18pm »

ok i get the message..........ya gonna stress me out and give me a migraine... We believe ya... been witness to this torture and *I KNOW*......... I AM SO SORRY ANY OF YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS!!!! ever!!!!.........LOVE REE      
I'm gonna cry now ..........
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 5:31pm »

Nope, never had anything close to ch pain.
There's just nothing to compare it to.

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 7:18pm »

The thing that really blows my mind, is remembering my last KIP10 ...  At the emergency room I asked the doctor, "How can THAT much pain, for THAT long, not cause permant damage?"

A KIP 7 or higher, goes to my teeth.  Feels like a very bad tooth ache.  But NO tooth ache, that I have ever had, has the pain in the eye, ear, and head to go with it.

Broken ribs hurt like hell when you laugh, or have to cough, but no where near a CH ...

I have not had anything to rival CH pain ...

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Carl_D

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:03pm »

About 3 weeks ago I awoke in the middle of the night with the sensation running throughout the right side of my body that I had been dipped in boiling oil! Everything I hit with my arm or legs burned like hell...jumped into the shower and ran cold water over me. The whole ordeal lasted about 3 hours, and scared the hell out of me.  
Been burned, stabbed, beaten, abcess tooth, tmj. However, nothing comes close to the serenity of a CH.

Peace,  
Carl D
IP Logged
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

« Reply #19 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:28pm »

I agree, great post Kim.  

I never meant to say that the tooth thing came remotely close to a 10'er...not even! The tooth thing was rough though lol. But that is something I never have to endure again. Tooth ordeal was around a 7 though.  

The worst part about CH for me is the anxiety of the wait for the next round. Because it will come again, maybe in an hour, maybe in two, maybe tomorrow...day after day it always returns. Don't know how hard it will hit and how many times, but it is gonna hit every day...guaranteed.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 8:35pm »

on Nov 23rd, 2003, 5:46am, Lapsi_Harmaahapsi wrote:
I guess most of us have had some other pain that equals CH in its "intensity" (I hate going to the dentist)

Dentists...what vile creatures!  2 root canals, and numerous fillings...  Shots in the roof of my mouth   oops ... shots in between my front teeth and my lip  bigcry  They all pretty much sucked, but a CH attack easily makes dentist visits a distant memory.  Worst dentist experience approached a 7...only for a few seconds though.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:00pm »

Never ever heard of someone who was in extreem pain attempt to relieve that pain by self inflicting additional pain.

I know I've tried it.  My wife knows it a really bad one when she hears that thumping sound comming through the shower alcove wall.

In my experience...no.

Steve G

IP Logged
Renee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

May we all find some pf time!  Is it summer yet?

Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:04pm »

Only one thing have I ever had that compared to the CH pain.  Having a lumbar drain remove 15cc of cerebral spinal fluid every hour caused what is called a CSF headache and I've had demerol knock the edge off of CH but even the highest dose of morphine did not keep me from praying to leave this world at the time of the severity of the CSF h/a.  

Never let anyone tell you a "day surgery" is nothing to sweat.  My "day surgery" on sinuses resulted in 17 days in ICU after the instrument was run up thru nasal cavity thru ethmoid bone, tearing dura covering of brain and into my brain.  I had CSF pouring out my nose.  This h/a lasted 3 months solid.

Other than that, no broken bone, crushed hand or hemorroidectomy never came close to a CH.

pf finally for 24 hours but the shadows are returning
renee

IP Logged

23 years of battling the beast, 9 years chronic......uneducated docs/nurses make me irate.
The fungus among us is for real!

Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:12pm »

well, I'd have to imagine being Drawn and Quartered or Keel/Hulled has to be pretty damn painfull, but I've never had it happen to me or to anyone I know so.....

NO..............there is nothing worse than a Cluster.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #24 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 9:57pm »

YEAH Tongue well....one time the dentist RIPPED my molarout with bear hands...........an..........an.......nuddr time wild injus drug my ass cross the great deeVyde -WHILE THE DENTIST was still wrkin on me........an............an........THEN MONSTERS came on in an ..........and..............PULLED MY HAIR..........all whilst the injuns were a drugn me and all whilst the dentist was a RIPPIN........it was mitey awful..................

clusters is werser. Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:05pm by kim » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss