Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « This may work for you (I hope) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   This may work for you (I hope)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: This may work for you (I hope)  (Read 235 times)
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

This may work for you (I hope)
« on: Nov 20th, 2003, 3:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This has worked for me in the past.  when i really need some sleep i will put the o2 on before bed.  go to sleep with it on and sleep away.  i have also tried breathing it for half an hour to 45 min. right before bed (like when i am reading in bed).  and that has seemed to help to.  durring the day 02 will usualy abort a CH for me, but if a CH wakes me from sleep sometimes wont work.  so i thought of the preloading of 02 and just sleep with it  at times and both help a bit.  i have insurance that pays for the 02 and that makes it easier for me than some but i hope this may help some of you.
IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

Re: This may work for you (I hope)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 3:35am »

Yeah 12G, I'm mostly on O2 all the time, and have a concentrator unit that i sleep with at night ( usually set at 2 lpm) and that seems to help a very little for me if any at all, because i have a low O2 SAT anyway.  So really, with the O2, my O2 SAT is just brought to around normal instead of having extra there to help a CH.

Someone who would have a normal O2 SAT, may would find some extra relief if they used a machine ( with a nasal canuala ) to help get a jump start atleast on O2 if they are hit while sleeping.  You should use a nasal canula instead of a Non-rebreather mask if you are going to sleep with it, because if you should run out of air ( if using a tank ) you would struggle for air or worse.

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 3:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Glad you posted that so quickly Mikey.
Can I highlight it for emphasis.

IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO GO TO SLEEP WITH YOUR 02 MASK ON, IF IT RUNS OUT YOU CAN DIE!

At minimum you should not have the strap on but that doesn't guarantee safety.

Wendy
IP Logged
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 3:50am »

i have to use a cannula all the time because the bag on the mask dosent seem to be large enough.  when i inhale the bag is flat before i am done inhaling.  so i just use a cannula.  in thru the nose out thru the mouth.  usually leave it on if i am going to be taking a nap like an hour or two.  i do the load up thing before sleep for the night if i really need to sleep. Smiley
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 4:39am »

If the bag is goin' flat before you're finished inhaling a normal breath, you should probably increase the O2 flow.

PFDAN.................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 5:36am »

I agree with Drk^Angel on the flow rate.  What rate do you use?  I am surprised that it works for you with a canula.  It does not let you get 100% oxygen that way.

But, if you do use a non-rebreather mask, you are getting 100% oxygen.  Using 100% O2, for the length of time that you are talking of, is bad for your lungs.  You can burn the surface of your lungs, and cause some severe problems.   Also, if the mask moves up onto your eyes, that can also cause problems.  Your eyes are not fully (or tightly) closed while you are sleeping, and 100% oxygen directly onto the surface of your eyes can cause severe sight loss.

I would be very skeptical about using it for that length of time, from what it can do to your lungs, eyes, and from the possibility of suffocating.  I strongly recommend that you talk to your doctor about it first.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

8616152 8616152   mikeyd32  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2003, 8:38am »

Kudos Chuckster,  
O2 is very corrosive to tissue (oxidation) not a good idea to sleep with the O2 on. Also agree that you should discuss it with a medical professional. Oxygen works for me too, I've only used it a few times at the hospital and it seems to abort the CH every time but alas I cannot get  coverage for it so I am relinquished to dealing with it using prescriptions. But that's OK, I have been taking the CAL-MAG supplements with my twice daily 240 of verapamil Re:the Magnesium string and I have had nothing beyond Kip 3 or 4 for 2 days now. Haven't had to use the DHE either! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! this one is for you beastyboy bigtiny
IP Logged

Waging war with the beast is tiresome & painful but never boring ;-D
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss