Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need some help please »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need some help please
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need some help please  (Read 432 times)
ThisHurts
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

Need some help please
« on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Been awhile since I have posted any thing, but I have come to the end of my rope and some advice would be nice.  For those of you who remember me, I have Chronic Ch's.  Since Dec of last year my life has gone away.  I have lost my job, never sleep, completely isolated my self from friends and family.  My doc's told me to apply for SSI, but so far I have been denied twice and am going for my 3rd appeal. (any on else out there whose has gone on disability please let me know how you made it)  I am just about to lose everything my wife and I have.  I just don't know what to do any more.  Now I know my story is just like most every one out there so my brand of suffering is no greater than anyone else's.  I guess I would just like to hear how you get up each day without putting the barrel up to your head.    

Any input would be appreciated, even if it is get off your pity pot Dan!  I just really need to hear from those who understand.    

Thanks,

ThisHurts

Huh Huh
IP Logged

"Honey, I miss you alot......but my aims gettin better!"
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Need some help please
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:34pm »

Dude, sorry you're having a bad time.  The thing that keeps the barrel from my head is verapamil.  If you've tried everything else, maybe give Clomid a try.  Check out the meds board... a few have been helped by it.  Sorry I can't be a greater help.  Just know that we care.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:44pm »

Smiley
Hi Dan,
Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the question re the disability.

It is such a shame that CH can take this kind of toll on people's lives.  I have heard your story before, from other sufferers.  

I know that I am not much help to you, but I can sympathize with you....and let you know that my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife.  I sincerely hope that you can find the solution you need to keep on going.

Sending lotz of pf vibes to you......

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:46pm »

I am on chronic and on disability.  Please check your pm.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
12gagueblast
New Board Junior
USA 

BLAM BLAM!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:46pm »

Keep tring for the SSI  many times it takes 2 or 3 times.  They do that all the time my father is on SSI not for CH but for MS and they did that to him.

Good Luck
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:47pm »

Sorry for you. Here's hoping you get a break.  

I hope you have a lawyer...even if it's one of those mouthpieces with his picture on a billboard.  The more you let them do the talking, the better.  

Let us know how you make out and stick around.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2003, 11:50pm »

Hey Dan..

Missed you... and your 'tude.:Sad.. ... DAMN.  You know, there's plenty of help here for you.... Do you still have your health insurance??

Check your IM's Dan.  Don't let go that rope Spidey.....hug

Pepper
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 12:26am »

ThisHurts,
BIGASS vibes goin up to you buddy.
Maybe come back and chat with us when you are getting a break.  Ya know we CAN cheer ya up, if just for a little while.  Or you can cheer us up Smiley
We ARE thinking of ya,  
Take care,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 12:34am »

Shoot!  SO sorry to hear you are so far in the dumps!!  DAmn!

I am chronic also, and not SSI, but may have to do that soon.  From what I hear, you have to keep at them to get it.  Pain in the ass, but eventually you will get it.  Hang in there!

Chuck

IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 5:18am »

ThisHurts,
I am so sorry to hear that you're having awful time right now... Sad Here's my story, hope it helps and if not, use it as sleeping pill  Wink

Ch is rather new thing for me, I was dignosed in this January, after having constant headaches since mid-October 2002. Last fall was difficoult time for me, as I had no idea what I had (although I've had HAs all my life, but as we know, nothing is like CH pain) and honestly, I thought I was going crazy and losing my mind! I lost lot of weight, lost the tiny amount of self esteem I had and felt, well, suicital. The diagnosis helped, but I was very wrong to think that I would be cured after that, oh no! I tried several meds and although the painkiller could ease individual attacks, cycle went on and on. This summer I had twice periods of 21 days without ch, after that ch has been back every now and then. And then, in october, the proper cycle started and I begin another preventing med which didn't work. And what was nice, the pain med stopped helping, too. Now, after visiting new doc, I have new pain med (maxalt) which works and I'm due to being new preventing med within a week.  

What is different, that I see light in the end of the tunnel. I'm taking life positively now, as I have overcome other problems I had in my life. I know it sounds weird, but I don't let CH get to me anymore. I think it's just a tiny little mosquito, who comes to bother me occasionally during the day (had 3 yesterday), but I kill them one by one. For me, the books by Joseph Murphy (The Power Of Your Subcouncious Mind) and Louise L. Hay (You Can Heal Your Life) have helped a lot. I don't know, if they could help you, too, but it's worth taking a browse in your local bookstore.

I wish you the best with your battle! Smiley  
Hopefully I didn't bore you... Smiley

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 7:37am »

Thishurts, I can imagine how you feel. I am "only" episodic but in April 2002 I was feeling at the end of my rope too with the constant pain and at risk of losing my job and life to this bastard. I felt like life sucked and the CH was sucking the life out of me. I am 52 and have had this affliction for most of my life.

I have told this story before on this board and been flamed for it many times so I am very resilient to it now, (so the flamers can just please fuck off  Grin ) so here goes:

When I was at my lowest ebb a friend advised me to try a detox diet, using a detox aid he had had success with restoring his health, that claimed to do all sorts of good things for you. Check this out. http://www.pharmaline.co.za/Bepure.htm  

It only seems to be available in SA but no doubt something similar is available wherever you are in a health store or pharmacy.

I went on a diet of Fruit, veg and water for a month and cut out all wheat/cereal products and all junk food (and most everything else from my diet for this period.

My CH cycle broke after 4 or 5 days of hell from a constant headache, the shits, aches and pains on the detox. Then I started to feel much better. I have repeated this on a smaller scale (1 weeks at a time) every 3 months or so since then and have been mostly HA and totally CH free ever since.

I really don't know if the Bepure was the main ingredient in my success, but it worked for me.

You asked for advice and this is mine to you - try it out. It is much cheaper and safer than all the meds! It has helped several people I know get their life back, but I will admit that others have tried it with little success. It may not work for everyone.

Hope you get your life back together soon.

Feel free to email or message me for more info.
Good luck
Cheers
John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 8:12am »

Dan,  

I'm so glad you have resurfaced.  Promise you will stick around and let us help you out.  Email me at catlind@cox.net and tell me what meds you need.  I think you left some of your meds with me at the convention Wink

You are close to a whole host of sufferers in the midwest, let us help you out.  I would love to see you and your family in Jan. at the meet and greet, don't sweat the expense, I'll pay for it myself if it will get you out and around others who know what you are going through and can help you and your wife.

Email me.  We know you're not an axe murderer Wink

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
TomM
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 8:18am »

on Nov 18th, 2003, 8:12am, catlind wrote:
We know you're not an axe murderer Wink

Cat

If you do slip, call me. I'll help you burry the bodies!
TomM
IP Logged

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing."
--Thoreau--
thomas

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm just a episodic, but man do I feel for you right now.  Hang in there man!!!!!!!!!  If you're not sleeping, you may want to try melatonin, it might help.  Sending vibes your way pfnad soon.
IP Logged
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 9:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It is so ridiculous they will give people SSI who don't really need, but someone who is suffering and needs help they deny.  Sometimes I get so angry at "the system" for what they neglect to see.  Keep trying, get an attorney.  I wish you well!
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 10:27am »

!!!!Dan I know Dave spoke to you at great length at the convention hang in there and know we are rooting for you... we also have some left over meds we think you could use here... please call I am sending you my phone # in a pm... don't give up!!!   Prayin for you... love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 1:24pm »

on Nov 18th, 2003, 8:12am, catlind wrote:
Dan,  

I think you left some of your meds with me at the convention Wink

.........  I would love to see you and your family in Jan. at the meet and greet, don't sweat the expense, I'll pay for it myself if it will get you out and around others who know what you are going through and can help you and your wife.

Cat

Lady, you ROCK.  Same to you, Ree.  Clusteroplis is full of heros.

See, Dan?  We have an endless supply of rope here.  Grab hold!!

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18th, 2003, 1:53pm »

THis HUrts,
Hey. I don't know you.  Wish I could help somehow though.  Please see PM.  Keep your chin up.  
Hope to meet you in Nashville.
Little Deb Grin
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 8:58am »

Ok Dan, since you haven't emailed you've left me no option.  I have your phone number and address from the convention Wink

Help is on it's way.

Ree, I'll email you with some info.  I'm thinkin Dan needs to hear the voices of some clusterbuds.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
ThisHurts
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 19th, 2003, 10:08am »

Well thank you all for everything.  I really do appriciate all of the kind words and heartfelt statements.  Knowing your all out there helps.  I will try some of the suggestions, and let everyone know whats up.  Again thank you all for everything

Except for you Cat!  Ax Murderer!  Who do I have to kill to get rid of that stigma?  Smiley

Dan
IP Logged

"Honey, I miss you alot......but my aims gettin better!"
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss