Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « shadow's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   shadow's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: shadow's  (Read 276 times)
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

shadow's
« on: Nov 15th, 2003, 1:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is for the one that get shadow's before or after cycle.

I am having troble understand just what they are and what happen's when you get them if someone could give me some info on this please.  

Thanks  Smiley
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

Re: shadow's
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 1:40am »

"Shadow's" are still clusters that are just not full-blown. Less than a 5 on the KIP scale I would think. I used to get these at the end of my cycles (Chronic now though) and I knew the cycle was ending soon.

Hope maybe that helped a little
Unsolved

IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 2:03am »

A shadow also can be described as the feeling of dread when you know a HA is coming on, but is not full blown yet.  It is to me often almost as though the beast is just around the corner where I can't see him, but he has just enough of a claw in my eye that I know he is there.  It is almost as if he is tormenting me, telling me what he is going to do to me when he gets ready.  Not a very scientific answer, but the best I can do.
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 9:36am »

For me the shadow is "that dull familiar ache" which either follows an HA or warns of one coming.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2003, 9:36am by goaway » IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 10:49am »

Although I am chronic, I do get shadows at various times...

Shadows are exactly like a CH attack, but they stop short on the KIP scale...  For me, if it doesn't escalate above a 4ish KIP in about 30 minutes, it wont.  My shadows can last for hours.  They abort in the same manner as an attack, but if I ride it out too long, they can be hard to get rid of fully.  One other thing I have noticed...I can have attacks that can go up and down the scale like a roller coaster over the span of a couple of hours.  For me, shadows get to a certain pain level and stay there pretty much until I intervene or until they go away on their own.

Of course, I don't get cycles, but this is how I describe a shadow...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

The Shadow Knows.......
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 2:19pm »

on Nov 15th, 2003, 1:35am, tsayswhy wrote:
I am having troble understand just what they are and what happen's when you get them

Ask 5 clusterheads what shadows are, and you'll get 6 different answers...........because at least one SOB is going to lie and vote twice.
Me......I put everything into the "shadow basket" that is even Faintly related to CH, other than a CH itself.  They're particularly interesting during the months after a cycle.........just enough of a residual Hint to keep living that "Totally Justifiable Paranoia" lifestyle.

Twice voted SOB,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 2:42pm »

What Mr. Happy said..........

just enough to keep you guessing.

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shadows are sort of "phantom" headaches we get, usually as a warning that an attack is on it's way.  

(From one on the first pages of this site)

IP Logged
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 8:21pm »

I also agree with Mr.Happy.
 My cycle ended 2 months ago,but did it??? it's driving me crazy.
 Does a cycle really end if shadows keep apearing?
 I'll be fine for a week or so then I get a shadow. I'm feeling one right now. All the symptoms of an attack but just mild enough to be more annoying than painful(if that makes any sense).
 I feel pressure behind my left eye and nostril and at the base of my neck. It's bothering me enough to stay put and not do anything physical but I'm not anywhere near a pacing stage.
 Man, what a pain in the ass these thing are huh?
 I hope this helps you some.
...mark..
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 10:17pm »

Torment. Just a brush of the beasts fingertips gently at the base of my head on the left, then he lightly sticks his little finger into my skin, barely breaking the flesh. I can feel the warmth of his hand, getting hotter, and hotter. I start to breathe faster with anticipation, and panic begins to set in.  I am afraid to move, to breathe, to blink.  I pray that he will just let go and have pity on me.  I wait in a special kind of agony, being somehow thankful that it is still "just a shadow".  There is still hope that I can fight it.  My left nostril starts to close, and his finger starts to crawl behind my eye. I can feel him softly massaging the back of my eyeball from inside my skull.  He teases me, with an evil grin on his wicked face.  "Not now.", he says, and like a gust of wind, the heat is gone, and I can breathe again, until next time...

LD
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 10:52pm »

on Nov 15th, 2003, 10:17pm, Little Deb wrote:
Torment. Just a brush of the beasts fingertips........... gently at the base of my head on the left........ then he lightly sticks his little finger into my skin............... barely breaking the flesh............ I can feel the warmth of his hand, getting hotter, and hotter............. I start to breathe faster with anticipation, and panic begins to set in..............  I am afraid to move, to breathe, to blink...........  I pray that he will just let go and have pity on me................  I wait in a special kind of agony, being somehow thankful that it is still "just a shadow".........  There is still hope that I can fight it.............  My left nostril starts to close, and his finger starts to crawl behind my eye.................. I can feel him softly massaging the back of my eyeball from inside my skull............. He teases me, with an evil grin on his wicked face.............  "Not now.", he says, and like a gust of wind, the heat is gone, and I can breathe again, until next time...............

Holy steamish! I musta _Spunked_ 9 times reading this one. Your writing talents are misplaced. Pass the hankies. We're talking retailable historical personal medical smut here.........ye Gods.  

........He said, with a queer gleam in his eye, as the water lapped at his thighs,
RJ

IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 11:27pm »

After many years of suffering these things, ya just kinda know whenever one is coming. I get this feeling in the side of my head that feels like my veins are twitching. I call that 1 version of a shadow. The other version is when i actually have a CH that registers on the Kip scale but is more of a Dull headache than a sharp CH! I'd say a Kip3 or less.

Patrick  Smiley
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 16th, 2003, 12:36am »

THANK YOU  

my doctor told me that's what was happening to me after i finish my cycle in sept. but i was not sure what they were. i was having a dull pain same side as the cluster's and every once in awhile it would be strong enough to make me take imitrex but for the most part it was a dull pain. thanks now i know
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss