Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Size matters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Size matters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Size matters  (Read 227 times)
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

Size matters
« on: Nov 14th, 2003, 4:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now that I got your attention Grin.....

It seems that every day is a learning experience and this is no exception.  

I'm trying to kick somebody's butt into keeping 02 handy when needed... but I do not see the info I need on the 02 link to the left, and I have tried looking on the net, but its hard to tell....that kinda makes the butt-kicking ineffective.  

What are the different size tanks, the best being a portable one that can be kept at work?  Gee, thought I had all the info I needed - I know an E tank is small, but how small?  Is a concentrator worth it, is it too noisy (that's what I hear).  Size does matter when you need to keep an 02 tank at work, and trying to be as discreet as possible.  

Anyway, may I pleeeease hear from all you 02 gurus out in the audience?  School me, I'm beggin' ya. Grin , and help me kick some butt while yer at it.
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
jonny

Email

Re: Size matters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

From what ive read a concentrator aint worth it if you can get tanks.

I have a 60 CI tank at home that I can carry around the house if I have too, an E tank is best for the car in my opinion.

.............................jonny
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 5:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Is a concentrator worth it, is it too noisy (that's what I hear).

Yes, no.

If I get on em fast a 5lpm concentrater gets rid of a lot of em, if not I resort to Imetrex Inj. The sound they make is like white noise, sort of like a cat purring. Puts me right to sleep.
YMMV

Lee  Wink
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 8:50pm »

P-Double,

My O2 system is an E tank. it is small but it holds enough for me to use it three or four times, I suppose if you are chronic that wouldn't be near enough, but, I get as many bottles as I want/need so I'm all good

E tank (34L or about 2000psi)
 H tank ( the big ones like are used for Co2 or helium)

Thats all I got,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 8:51pm »

...just a copy/paste job from the o2 button..... y'all can READ, rite?....(some shit I wrote one day: TWYN,LTR)

there's some other stuff under that button....but it's maybe/probably just been written by a buncha whinin'  HEADachers....  

*****Reprinted from the message board*****

Re: The price of oxygen (please help)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2002, 9:33am
hey Mel.....good to see you're looking into o2 treatment....it's hard to answer your question, because use is variable. Most people need 10-12-15 liters per minute to be effective and the oxygen concentrators can't go over 8LPM...and that's at about 95% o2....the tanks deliver 100% and come in all sizes from "M" at 6 cu.ft. which is the kind you can carry around ...through
-"C" @ 8.7 cu.ft.--
-"R" @ 20 cu.ft.--
-"D" @ 18 cu.ft.--
-"E" @ 22.5 cu.ft.-- (the type most people have and is 30" tall x 4" Diam. --weighs about 10 lbs. (this one is good for about 4 headaches @ 10-12LPM x 12-15 minutes)
-"Q" @ 83 cu.ft.--
-"DEY" @ 124 cu.ft.--
-"S" @ 154 cu.ft.--which is the largest you can reasonably manage at home--4' tall x 7" Diam./ weighs about 75-90 lbs.and requires a wheeled "dolly" ---MY personal choice because I only need to refill once every 20-25 (one week for me) headaches---@ 10-12LPM for 12-15 minutes.

YMMV (your mileage may vary)

There are larger tanks, but probably ex$pensive and you would need to contact your Medical Supplier.

There are 2 types of regulators (that I know of): the small ones for the "E" (et al.) tanks that have an (almost) idiot proof connection--only one way to connect--and one capacity gauge--and the larger, threaded connector type with 2 gauges--one for capacity and the other for flowrate. As far as co$t: YMMV........I got a used, certified 2 gauge regulator for $75---new is about $125. The small "E" types are probably $70 new.  
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 10:08pm »

Thank you J-man, Lee, Crash and Esteban.  Kiss  

Shoot Steve, I was rushing cuz I was trying to get this info before the weekend.  How could I possibly have missed that info, its exactly what I needed to know.  I'm not very good at gauging things like cubic feet - you say an "E" tank is good for the small portable size.  The bottom line is getting one that can be fitted into some kinda duffel or something to be kept at work without having to let everyone in on the sick show (as it was put to me) when its time to use it.  This would be an "E" tank, yes?  That's what it looks like to me.  

Sorry I'm still a neophyte Grin, I'm trying but its a lot for my pea brain to completely absorb.   Maybe I'd do better with pictures see.....  

As far as cost, its only a matter of insurance... you can lead a horse to water...  Undecided
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss