Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 9:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « pain in my neck! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   pain in my neck!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: pain in my neck!  (Read 204 times)
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

pain in my neck!
« on: Nov 14th, 2003, 4:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone ever had neck pain after a cycle, I have it during my cycle obviously, but my cycle ended about 3 weeks ago and I am now having to go to a physical therapist, he said my neck is all screwed up!  He told me that normally its the back that starts to go and works its way up to the neck, but I'm the opposite...I just wonder if that is because of the nerves from the neck to the occulars get so enflamed that eventually things just start to break down.  Has anyone else experienced this?
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: pain in my neck!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Its fairly common for the cluster to generate nervous pain and/or tension in the neck (referred pain, I think is the term).  After a few weeks, this could cause misalignment and problems in some.  There have been routine discussions on chiropractic - my take on the consensus is that chiropractic won't stop cluster headaches, but might help keep the neck in alignment.  Yoga, physical therapy and massage are also good. Take your pick.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 5:02pm »

I'm still in cycle but I have also been going to a physical therapist for pain in my neck on my CH side.  He also says my neck is all screwed up, the muscles are very tight and all my joints (in my chest and shoulder) are tight and not "springy" like they should be so I guess thats pulling all my bones upwards on that side.  I don't know why or if it is CH related but when I get a CH it seems my neck hurts ten times worse.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #3 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 7:51pm »

on Nov 14th, 2003, 4:19pm, aprilbee wrote:
Has anyone ever had neck pain after a cycle, I have it during my cycle obviously, but my cycle ended about 3 weeks ago and I am now having to go to a physical therapist, he said my neck is all screwed up!  He told me that normally its the back that starts to go and works its way up to the neck, but I'm the opposite...I just wonder if that is because of the nerves from the neck to the occulars get so enflamed that eventually things just start to break down.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Only once.  When I stuck my head under the wheel of my 300 SD Turbo during a cycle.  After the car rolled off me I guess it took maybe a couple of weeks for the neck pain to go away.  Took a bit longer for the rubber smell to disappear though.    Wink
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 9:03pm »

Want to know my theory on this?

goaway should buy an American car. They don't leave smelly residue behind.  laugh

I also have a theory about the pain in the neck.  
Could be that during the throes of an attack you are cocking your head at an odd angle to compensate for the pain.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 14th, 2003, 10:01pm »

Sorry to hear about this but pay attention to these people. Some good advice.  

Stay away from the chiropractic. It's useless for CH.....and just about anything for that matter. They take lots of pictures and lots of money.  

Let us know how you're doing.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2003, 1:21am »

Yes, my neck and shoulders will get all knotted and tight during and stay after a cycle tight. Try getting a massage. I won't let anyone touch my neck while in cycle, only makes everything worse, but when I'm sure it's gone, a massage feels great. Any day spa type place..try asking around to see who your friends might recommend you go to. If you get someone good, you shouldn't feel any pain for a few weeks to a month! It's great!
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss