Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 11:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Asking for your expertise »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Asking for your expertise
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Asking for your expertise  (Read 191 times)
P_Farr
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Asking for your expertise
« on: Nov 11th, 2003, 11:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

First off I was right last night.  Two hours almost to the minute my CHs started again Cry.  I have used all the methods I know of  and method that have worked for me for 8 years (4 years Cronic) dealing with these Cluster Headaches.  But during this cycle the last couple of weeks nothing is working as I have posted resently.  I am going call my Neurologist and ask her to admitt me to the hospital to try something (Anything) to stop this cycle.  I am asking for your inpatient treatments.  what where they? did they work? and the out come.  I just want some more option other
 than just the one the Doctor may have.  I would rather hear it strait from the horses mouth than a Doctors theory or study.
You Ladys and Gents are Great,  In my lowest and lonlest moments the last few days you people have been there to support me and my exploding head Smiley
         Thanks Again
         Paul F
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Asking for your expertise
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2003, 11:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think DHE IV works for a lot of people as far as inpaitient stuff goes.  Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. Sad
IP Logged
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2003, 11:44am »

Paul,
It's not the safest thing around BUT sometimes a round of Prednisone can break up a cycle and give you a few pf days which can help your outlook on life immensely.  
Be warned though, when you start tapering down the h/a's will usually come back.

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2003, 12:16pm »

the DHE-45, IV is good for about three or four days, then you usually have to go to injections if it's not broken. Been there several times. If you don't want to do it inpatient, you can get "visiting nurses" to do the IV's at home (I usually do this cause I HATE hospitals). It usually gives me relief while I"m taking it, but takes a while to get out of your system afterwards.  

Drink LOTS of water (see left side for this and click on). Lots of water is helping some people.  

Hope you get a Break before long.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss