Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 1:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusterheads and their Pets. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusterheads and their Pets.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusterheads and their Pets.  (Read 382 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Clusterheads and their Pets.
« on: Nov 6th, 2003, 11:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know this topic has been on the mb before but not in a good while...so I wanted to bring it up again ...It seems like to me, that alot of clusterheads are very attached to their pets...I know I am...I have also noticed how sensitive alot of our pets are to our cluster attacks and how they react when we get hit....I have an 11 pound white poodle that everyone , including my vet , thinks is a Bishon (spelled right?)...His name is Toby...Toby is extremely cocky and spirited....he rules my house...but when I get hit, he sits my side and does not move...like he knows I cant stand for anyone to make any noise ....Toby got his name because he loves to bite toes...so beware if you are coming to my house saturday...keep your shoes on! Grin...Clusterpets RULE! Cheesynancyc
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2003, 12:30am by nancyc » IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

Re: Clusterheads and their Pets.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 11:20am »

… No pets.. just my opacity challenged friend, Humphry.

-Big Dan
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 11:59am »

I've got one stinkin' 21 year old cat that I'm waitin' on to croak.  Every day when I come home from work, I open the door and look at it laying on the couch, hoping I won't see it's chest rise and fall.  Always disappointed.

Little salmon sucker is losing bladder control.  Likes to curl up on your lap for a snooze and when it leaves you're heading to change your drawers.

Maybe I can ship it off to Ueli.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 12:11pm »

Pets? Certainly you mean FAMILY...  I have a Pomeranian, a Schipperke/Spaniel mix and a Standard Poodle.  All three are sensitive to my HA, but the Schipperke is especially so. He starts acting quite differently when an attack is coming on and he "knows" before I do. He goes into the "stay by my side and protect" mode when I am getting hit. He even keeps the other dogs away from me (they often try to "kiss" my face as a show of affection when I am getting hit).

Here's Pippin, Dinki and Topsi:

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 12:22pm »

Hirvamaki,

Hope you don't mind.....I stole your pictures off this thread for the Clusterhead's Pet Picture Page I'm making.  If you have any different pics you would like to go up, just stick them up here, or email them to me.

Had to stick up my favorite dog picture again.  The little hermaphrodite sweetie.....

IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 12:57pm »

My two "bosses" rule the roost. Rudy (mini-pin - named cause he's usually RUDE) and Gunny (mini dapple dachund - named Gunther cause he's German?) are there to guard me when I'm getting hit. Gunny is younger and still doesn't have much "experience" with CH. He still thinks attention is best. Rudy on the other hand knows to "guard" me from all things and does his job well - he has to "straighten" out Gunny occasionally, but Gunny is young - he will learn.  

I think our pets sense when things aren't right. they don't ask a bunch of stupid questions and sure don't tell you to "go take an aspirin!" All in all, they make good supporters.  

At least my "babies" do.

And they are NOT "rotten" Nancy -- I told you ALL dogs smell that way.  Wink

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 1:50pm »

My black lab Charlie is always at my side when I am getting hit.  He always gives me a ton of kisses then.  I love him so much.  He is a great supporter.  
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
samurai

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 2:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

A short ways back there was a post about things that make you smile during a HA. I couldn't think of any then, but you all just reminded me of one. When I lived with my parents, in the first years of CH, we had a dog, a beautiful chow/collie mix named Bear. (He was fluffy!) When I would hunch over on the floor holding my head, he would come up and sniff and lick my face, and it made me smile. Knowing that he cared and would help, if he could, made me grateful and stronger for his sake. I wanted to make it through just so I could thank him and love him back.
          Jason
IP Logged
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 2:06pm »

I have two Jack Russell Terriers, my male Tevo or "My Buddy" is such a mama's boy and will NOT leave my side, he waits outside the shower until I get out and is so sweet, he doesn't leave my side for one second while I'm getting hit!  Boo Boo, my female is pretty much the same but she likes to snuggle really close and she's extremely pushy, but my buddy usually keeps her away until he knows I'm ok....I love my buddy and my boo boo!
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 2:43pm »

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES

Please send me pictures.  Live pets, dead pets, taxidermied pets......whatever....... Shocked
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
don

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Toby is a "Bitchin Frizzy" !
IP Logged
Cooked Brain
New Board Old Timer
Netherlands 

a.k.a. Max Payne, YOUCH this hurts...

« Reply #11 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 4:08pm »

Tom "the Bomb" Puddycat

he's BAD  smokin
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2003, 4:08pm by Cooked Brain » IP Logged

"We can NOT solve our problems with the same kind of thinking that got us IN to the problem in the first place" Albert Einstein
ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 4:55pm »

on Nov 6th, 2003, 12:11pm, Hirvimaki wrote:
Pets? Certainly you mean FAMILY... Hirvimaki

Right on!

Here's my little guy, Casey - digging up my lawn. See the schmutz on his nose? He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

Love this little boy - he always makes me smile.

Chris
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 6th, 2003, 11:56pm »

Yeah...my dogs are realllll sensitive to my ch's.  They lay themselves strategically in my path to the O2 so that I step on EACH one of their 8 legs.  They love the attention.  I'd never be able to own a "Toby", I'd break him Smiley

at the risk of making LindaH PUKE...here's Bagheera Smiley

Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

...Re: Clusterheads and their Pets.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 7th, 2003, 12:24am »

Don, That is  a Bischon.Frise, Dumb ass Shocked..I spelled it wrong Roll Eyes...and  hell, yeah, he can bitch Shocked...but he is my number one supporter ....Hirvimaki, your poodle looks like a big Toby since Toby just got a new hair cut Cheesy.....and Barb D, Gunny and Rudy are spoiled...but whose babies aren't...smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2003, 12:31am by nancyc » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss