Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Having a Rough Time with Clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Having a Rough Time with Clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Having a Rough Time with Clusters  (Read 243 times)
sleepwalker
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Having a Rough Time with Clusters
« on: Nov 4th, 2003, 6:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cry  This is my first time here; I've had Clusters for 17 years; I'm a 51 yr old woman; and I work full time. I'm in my 7th week now of my cluster cycle; and am taking all kinds of meds; but none are working this time.  I feel like the only person in the world who almost understands my pain is my wonderful husband (and my cat).  Even my doctor just doesn't seem to get it.  People I know look at me like I have two heads; or I'm crazy.....actually, I feel like I'm going crazy this time. I'm just trying to keep it together, until these awful things go away til the next time. Thanks for listening.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: Having a Rough Time with Clusters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 6:30am »

Welcome to the world of Clusters and to Clusterville. WE UNDERSTAND.... Most of us on this MB have been there done that.  

You're lucky if you have anyone who understands. Keep him handy.

There's a world of information here - pull up a chair and read READ read. The archives are a great place to start. If it's been done or thought of, it's probably there somewhere.  

Feel free to say whatever you want here - we're here for support. Like I said, WE know how you feel cause we're in the same boat. I've been dancing with this demon for more years than I want to remember.  

Get information from here and TAKE it to your doctor. If he doesn't understand FIND a new doctor who does. They're having to be educated on CH. We've got the info available, but sometimes you gotta make sure they READ it or have it read to them as the case may be.  

Hope you find something that works for you soon. And stick around here. Ask questions. Someone can help you.

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

MANAGEMENT OF
« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 8:06am »

If your doc is open to learning from you, strongly suggest you invest in the first book (below). It's written for physicians and so probably more acceptable.
----------
MANAGEMENT OF HEADACHE AND HEADACHE MEDICATIONS, 2nd ed. Lawrence D. Robbins, M.D.; pub. by Springer. $49 at Amazon.Com. This volume is better organized and easier to read for nonprofessionals compared to Saper's book. It covers all types of headache and is primarily focused on medications. While the two chapters on CH total 42-pages, the actual relevant material is longer because of multiple references to material in chapters on migraine, reflecting the overlap in drugs used to treat. I'd suggest reading the chapters on migraine for three reasons: he makes references to CH & medications which are not in the index; there are "clinical pearls" about how to approach the treatment of headache; and, you gain better perspective on the nature of headache, in general, and the complexities of treatment (which need to be considered when we create expectations about what is possible). Finally, women will appreciate & benefit from his running information on hormones/menstrual cycles as they affect headache. Chapter on headache following head trauma, also. Obviously, I'm impressed with Robbins' work (even if the book needs the touch of a good editor!) (Somewhat longer review/content statement at 3/22/00, "Good book...."Wink

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience, it contains almost all the material in the preceding volume but it's much easier reading. Highly recommended.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
grumpett
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 8:21am »

so sorry you are having a bad time right now.
I just finished a cycle and was hounding my dr. for imitrex and o2.
 He was very hesitant. Finally sent me to a new nerologist and she was very incouraging for help!
 I had not been to one for 15 years and they have come along way since then in understanding and help. If you have not seen one lately, you might want to try again.
 Glad I did.  

Good luck
IP Logged

i'm not crazy....I've just been in a bad mood for 30 years!
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 8:38am »

Hello, I am a CH sufferer like you, unfortunately!  Cry

I am afraid that the beast is still alive and visited you.  

The beast has the capability to come in the time you do not expect, it has to be our hability that to go on...   Cry

What do you take for your CH? As therapy I am using Lithium and Verapamil. This is the cocktail I use to relieve pain and it works. Oxigen and Imitrex during the attack.

I suffered alone for many years and 2 yrs. ago I found OUCH. Maybe we’ll never recover from this "disease", the way is looooong and difficult but now you can face the situation with a different spirit Smiley. All you feel, we also feel. Keep fighting, you are not alone.  Undecided

A hug for you hug,  Zaira
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 6:42pm »

Sleepwalker Hi and welcome to the board, there are so many people here who can help you through the tough times, hang in there...what meds are you on, do you have O2...

Sending you PF vibes.

Cathy
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #6 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 7:17pm »

Welcome to Sleepwalker!!!

Many people posting to this board have great advice on medicine.

Me?   I'm just here to sayHOPE YOU FEEL MUCH BETTER REEEEEAL SOON!!!!! [/&table>]
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss