Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 1:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « im new to clusters and here...hehe »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   im new to clusters and here...hehe
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: im new to clusters and here...hehe  (Read 297 times)
carlamonceaux
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

im new to clusters and here...hehe
« on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[color=Maroon][/color] Grin Embarassed Hi there, im a 26 y/o female, i have been having the most terrible headache ever, it starts ever day around 12-1:00pm, and last till about 9:00 at night.Its on the right side of my face, my eye ball feels like its going to pop out at any time, my cheek hurts the top part of my head hurts, i feel like just grabbing something anf going crazy..nothing helps the pain but time, i have tried it all from demoral, axert, margesic, NOTHING evne comes close to taking the pain away. this is everyday, and has been going on for 2 weeks now...does anyone out there have the same things going on, please get in touch with me so we can discuss this, IM scared to death....\
THANKS SO MUCH!!
IP Logged
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

Re: im new to clusters and here...hehe
« Reply #1 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:22pm »

Have you seen a Dr yet?  If not, get there asap!  In the mean time, take the cluster quiz on the left side of your screen, check out the cluster traits and read as much as you can.  Print out anything that is pertinant and take it with you.  Most MDs are not up to speed on Clusters due to its rarity, so any info you can take along can be helpful.  Ask for oxygen.  Be sure to get a non rebreather mask and a valve that allows at least 10 to 15 liters per minute.  Keep us posted.  

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:26pm »

Have you seen a Doc?  Is this new to you?

Take the Cluster quiz.  Eliminate other possibilities.  The duration has me curious.

If you're lucky, it's not CH.  If not, hang around..you'll be helped.  I promise.

Steve G
IP Logged
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:45pm »

First, go talk to your NUEROLOGIST….

Second… if it’s CH, stick around here… there’s lots of great people to love and not-love-so-much…

I hope you don’t have CH… but if you do… you couldn’t have found a better place to land…

Now get to work…. Grin

-Big Welcome
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:31pm »

Does it last 9 hours?  Smileynancyc
IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:46pm »

Wow, 9 hours is a long time for a CH.

Have to agree with the above posts.....read the links to the left, take the quiz, but most important....see a neurologist.

Stay in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:51pm »

The duration is not typical with CH.  Some will argue that nothing is typical with CH, but 9 hours is a long damn time for an attack.  It was discussed just a few days ago...Experiencing "the worst headache of your life" can be symptomatic of a life threatening issue.  My point, get to a doc...don't wait for a neuro!  Get a CT scan and a MRI.  If those are clear, come back and take the cluster quiz as previously suggested.  Although the location of the pain is common for CH, that doesn't mean it is CH.  Migraines can also be unilateral, and there are other ailments that can have similar pain locations.

Are you still here reading?  Have you been to the doc yet??  Put the mouse down and get!   Grin

Seriously, a possibility exists that this can be construed as an emergency.  "Hi there, im a 26 y/o female, i have been having the most terrible headache ever"

Hope everything works out ok for you!

Chris
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:52pm by Prense » IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 3:11am »

Read what Prense said, He said it as good as it can be said!

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #8 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 7:31pm »

Ditto to everything that Big_Dan and Prense said!!!

Oh, and WELCOME!!
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 10:33pm »

Sounds like she comes from my tribe... thats how long Migraines are... sounds text book if you ask me... only dif is the clockwork thing... I have never had them same time every day for 2 weeks... I have had them every day for 2 weeks but not same time etc...  

Carla sounds like they gave you great advice... do the quiz and then if you find you have Migraine...or another form of headache visit us athttp://www.headachesupportgroups.com/ It is a wonderful site for every type of headache... also feel free to email me atree16angel@aol.com  
ps to use code fit your text between the~~>[] [] things
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 10:40pm »

Sorry you're in such pain and I agree with the others. My test for clusters is: Does it wake you out of a sound sleep? There is no way one can lie down or sleep during a cluster attack.  

I'm also betting that while they may last a long time, that it greatly varies in intensity. That would make sense as anything more than 3 hours is rare for CH.

Stick around and let us know how you make out. You'll find some good ideas and support here.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 10:50pm »

Hello carlamonceaux...how are you doin now.....sounds purdy aweful and yup ya need ta git checked out and find out what's goin on.....and get sum releif ! Pam that's hopein ya keep in touch here
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss