Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « LET US PRAY... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   LET US PRAY...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LET US PRAY...  (Read 732 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

LET US PRAY...
« on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 7:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ON THIS DEADLY DAY... Please take a moment today to pray for those that died in that deadly helicopter crash in Bagdad.  Remind your friends that our boys are over there sacrificing their freedom for the freedom of others...Alot ot those pilots trained with my son and I am awaiting news as to whether one is a friend of his.

There is no need to respond to this... Please pray for their souls and ask them to pray for ours.  

thanks  ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: LET US PRAY...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 8:34am »

patriotic bump....
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
SommelierCH
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I’m awed by the amazing resiliency that we possess

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 9:20am »

Ree,

Again, we see that we’re all in this life together. My prayers are going out. Stay strong for your son.

Peace,
David J.
IP Logged

Wine is a little like love. When the right one comes along, you know it!
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 9:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'll be praying for the Americans that are laying their life on the line in Iraq, but I don't believe that they were sent there to protect our freedom.  The war in Afghanistan was justified, but Iraq was not involved in 9-11 and was not a threat to the US.  The case for the Iraq war was built on lies and more lies.  Pray for the souls of Bush, Cheney, and Perle who use people as cannon fodder in their attempt to 'remake' the Middle East.  Pray for General Boykin who drives a deeper wedge between Christianity  and Islam and turns people against the Gospel with his ignorant statements.  Pray to God for peace... you sure won't find it coming from the Bush administration.  

</rant>
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2003, 9:42am by floridian » IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:16am »

Sure!!!...and that huge wall mural of a plane going into a tall building in the republican guard headquaters was just a  picture right?

Dumbass!!!

..................................jonny
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:16am by jonny » IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:17am »

Our prayers are with your sons and daughters.  May they return safely to your arms.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:52pm »

Prayers going up...my son wont be coming home much in the next month or so, he will be training others to go to Iraq...I feel blessed that he was not sent over there..My heart goes out to those parents, spouses and families that have loved ones there...God bless them all, nancyc
IP Logged
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 4:41pm »

Thoughts, prayers & strength to all our military men & women. Wheather you agree or disagree with the policy or the reasons...Pray for their safe return to their families...
Huggs
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 4:46pm »

Yes.   God bless them all.   As well as the families who worry about them.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 7:56pm »

With this kind of thing, it's always just a matter of time. Horrible and awful that such young men are the victims.  

It would be nice if the Pentagon would admit this kind of thing happens and stop banning photos of flag-draped coffins arriving at Dover. It pisses me off to pretend these people don't exist.  

A sad day.

MOC
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:01pm »

This board is for Family, Friends and CH sufferers. I support all my family who has sons in Iraq, Afghanistan and anywhere else they are needed whether i agree with the politics or not. If you got a Political statement to make, Take it somewhere else!

Patrick  Angry
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
floridian

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:09am »

This thread was started with a statement encouraging people to political activism.  

Quote:
Remind your friends that our boys are over there sacrificing their freedom for the freedom of others.

If the post had been merely a call for prayer, I wouldn't have responded with political statements. I too am praying for my friends and former students that are over in Iraq.  I don't want any harm to come to them, and most of them will come home safe.  

But the politicians that started this war don't deserve the respect and deference that goes to the rank and file military service members who are serving their country.  Law and tradition require service members to carry out orders and stay out of politics.  If the civilians at home just wave the flag whenever the politicians decide on war, they are degrading democracy and endangering the servicemen who get sent on unecessary missions.  

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:14am by floridian » IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:18am »

on Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:01pm, Patrick_A wrote:
This board is for Family, Friends and CH sufferers. I support all my family who has sons in Iraq, Afghanistan and anywhere else they are needed whether i agree with the politics or not. If you got a Political statement to make, Take it somewhere else!

Patrick  Angry

Very well put, Patrick.   I agree 100%

grant
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 6:58pm »

Dear Floridian... you turned this political so I will answer your post... MY BOYS ARE FIGHTING FOR THE FREEDOM OF OTHERS ....  END OF STORY... REGARDLESS OF YOUR POLITICAL DENOMINATION  AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE... THIS IS WHAT MY KIDS BELIEVE, THEY ARE BRAVE WONDERFUL YOUNG MEN...I HAVE SPOKEN TO THEM AT GREAT LENGTH AND I HAVE TO RESPECT THEIR DECISION TO FIGHT FOR OUR COUNTRY.   THOSE THAT LOST THEIR LIVES ON SUNDAY DESERVE OUR PRAYERS FOR HAVING LOST THEIR LIVES WHETHER IT BE RIGHT OR WRONG TO YOU IT WAS FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN...  

I HOPE YOU VOTE... IF YOU DO VOTE FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE... MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN ALL THIS...IF NOT JUST SHUT UP AND PRAY........ 16 YOUNG MEN AND BOYS DIED HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR GOD'S SAKE...  

NOT A GOOD IDEA TO PISS OFF A MENOPAUSAL MOM THAT HASNT SEEN HER BOY IN 9 MONTHS AND HAS ANOTHER THAT FLIES HELICOPTERS DUE TO GO OVER THERE IN 2 MONTHS.
HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF THESE WERE THE LIVES YOUR KIDS CHOSE???????? I HAVE TO BE BRAVE TOO.  REE  

IP Logged

jonny

Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 7:01pm »

ROCK-N-FUCKING ROLL, REE!!!

..........................................jonny
IP Logged
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 8:38pm »

Prayers are here Ree
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 8:46pm »

Sez it all Ree.

Steve G
IP Logged
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 9:10pm »

But the politicians that started this war don't deserve the respect........

Ree didn't ask for the politicians to receive respect.  Keeping other words to myself.
She asked for prayers and to remind your friends that our military needs prayers for the sacrificing they are making.  For our freedom, yours, mine and our countrys.

I agree, take your political debate somewhere else.

Ditto Shari Rae.

You and your boys are in my prayers Ree.

Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:14pm »

thanks very much and also say a prayer for our own Sufferer     Samurai... Jason... He will be going into training and then into Iraq... love to him and many many good wishes... Ree
IP Logged

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:53pm »

patrick and debbie...you got that rite...we are family so let's pray....and if you dont pray..say a kind word for our men and women over there...and those about to go...God bless America! PS, Ree, you are loved , sis...
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #20 on: Nov 3rd, 2003, 10:59pm »

Show some respect?  I have the utmost respect and gratitude for the 16 that died in the helicopter crash, and all others that are laying their life on the line. They are doing their job and risking everything.   When people sign up to serve their country, they do so out of a sincere desire to defend their country.  I am not questioning their personal motives what so ever.

Maybe I mistook what you said as an endorsement of the war (which clearly would be political), when you were only talking about the motives of the servicemen (which is not political).   If so, I apologize.  The point I was trying to make from my (mis?)reading of your statement is that when politicians decide to go to war for reason A, and the soldiers enlist and for reason B, the real reason that people are killing and dying is reason A.  That is a hard truth to swallow because it implies betrayal by one's own country. But after long conversations with friends who served in Vietnam,  I don't want to see a repeat of the betrayal - neither the rejection of troops by the public nor being cynically used and discarded by the government.  Both actions were shameful.    

And, yes, I vote.

IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 3:00am »

Hey Floridian and anybody else who wants to listen.

I rarely see political or religeous jokes on this board. I kinda think its because we all love each other in our own little ways. When someone asks for a prayer, then i say a little prayer for them. I am not extremely religeous. But these people are my family and friends! We don't do the political thing here because we are mostly all grown adults who knows where those topics lead.
I personally dont care what your religeous or political beliefs are.
I come here only to support the sufferers, and to lend an ear when needed.

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Spindrift

Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 9:22am »

Those of you who are religious are clearly free to pray to whatever deities you choose.  Since I am not I will confine myself to thinking good thoughts about the service people in Iraq,  and hoping they'll come home soon.  I'll also mourn them and the countless thousands of Iraqis who have died in the last six months because our government decided to bomb the hell out of their country.

Let's not let blind "patriotism" obliterate a little logic, shall we?  Photographs of airplanes flying into buildings remind us of a horrible deed that was NOT perpetrated by any Iraqis, but by Saudi Arabians working out of Afghanistan and led by, yes, a Saudi Arabian millionaire.  Even the president has admitted that Saddam and his regime had nothing to do with Al Qaeda.

As far as "pissing off" a menopausal mom or anyone else, I have no sympathy.  Take your ANGER elsewhere - how about to that little Iraqi boy who lost his arms and legs and was half burned to death when one of our planes fighting for his "freedom" dropped a bomb on his house?

Yes, our soldiers are in Iraq sacrificing their freedom.  And their lives.  So let's honor them and bring them the hell home, ok?

SD
IP Logged
Elaine

Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 9:47am »

Ree asked for a simple prayer for these boys who became men all to soon. As I pray for them I pray for all who this war has touched.  

To people who want to make Ree post more than it was. I will let the devil take over my mind and say this to you!  moonwiggle Grin

IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 4th, 2003, 9:57am »

enough already !!!    Angry  

didn't everybody here have their fill of "political arguments" a few months ago?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss