Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « recollections. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   recollections.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: recollections.  (Read 227 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

recollections.
« on: Nov 1st, 2003, 3:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been about 12 weeks.  I wake up running down the hall headed for the "on" switch for coffee pot, my triptan for abortive.............then i scramble for bathroom where i turn water on in tub HOT.  I grab coffee pot and pour out a cup b4 the brew is finished and dash back to bathroom where i strip and jump in the tub.  I have a wash rag and switch water to ice cold (Cold goes on face).  I slap the cold rag on my face and sink into the HOT water hoping it will relieve the KNOT in my neck/shoulder.  I keep putting the rag under the cold water and slapping it over my face.  All the while I'm swiggin the coffee.  By now my husband has come in to refresh the coffee and i keep drinking it.  This i do each time.  I don't last  more than 10 minutes in the tub because as the attack ramps i can no longer even stand to be sitting in a bathtub and must move around.  So, dripping i stump out of the tub ........talking to myself ("i can't take this anymore"Wink.....as I stomp around ..........this usually lasts about 25 minutes - sometimes longer...................it's the habitual ritual - the daily dance ..........it ends with me sitting on my couch in the EXACT SAME SPOT each time, wet towel twisted and wrung tite around my neck to bring pressure/relief to that spot.  That cold rag is still gripped in my hand and pressed over my eye.  or side of nostril, or sumptimes i stuff it in my mouth on the side where my teeth hurt and clamp it tite..........
i rock ...........rythmic.  not too fast but always with a precise and repetitive motion while my head tilts toward my neck and my mouth suspends unclosed and i drool - like a self-induced trance.  Finally, i feel that pain DRAIN like a clogged sink - it trickles down and empties from my body through my neck.  Blessed calm and no more pain.  I am peaceful once again.  Until it comes back.
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Re: recollections.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 7:15pm »

Awesome...  

I've been going through the archives today and there's some descriptions that were totally unreal if one had not been there. those of us who go there TOO often can only feel it and cringe for them.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 7:49pm »

I am also amazed at some of our similarities. Like how the pain just kind of slowly drifts away, and how you can actually feel it draining. Mine will start easing off and be gone in about 3 minutes. Sitting there with your head in your hands, all of your ammunition within an arms reach, and smiling because it is finally gone.

Patrick

IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 8:58pm »

I am relieved when it's gone, but I can hardly say that I smile afterwards.  As long as the trex keeps working, my dance will continue to be...  Stab and go!   Grin

My "new" doc is a bit concerned with the amount of my trex usage...  Oh well, I told her to get me on a preventative that does better than nothing, and that usage will decline!   Grin

Thanks for sharing Kim...

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 9:25pm »

If I'm only getting hit with one full blown CH per day, I get euphoric when the pain leaves me - it's actually a "high".

If I'm getting hit multiple times a day, when the pain drains away my victory is short lived. I cringe while I wait in terror for the next one.......
IP Logged
sheppard1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:00am »

Marc--Same thing here.  If it's just one attack per day, I get the euphoric feeling....but if I'm getting drilled 3-6 times per day, that feeling doesn't exist, just dread.

I think a lot of it has to do with how much sleep I get.  If I'm exhausted, then it's just dreadful feelings of imminent return.
IP Logged
Jimmy_B

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kim,

Your description caused me to remember these God Damn H/A's (Head-Aches, Yeah Right ???)...My nose usually begins to clear up, right before they end...I'm always euphoric when that happens. Especially for the 1am beast-feeding.

Jim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss