Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 3:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Switching Sides... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Switching Sides...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Switching Sides...  (Read 214 times)
sheppard1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Switching Sides...
« on: Nov 1st, 2003, 8:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My attacks have been on the left side for the past seven years.  Then this year, bam, right side.

I thought my cycle was coming to an end this week.  The beast was only visiting 1-2 times per day instead of 4-6.  But now, it's back on the left side.  And it is bad.

This has never happened to me before.

IP Logged
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: Switching Sides...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 8:21am »

That has happened to me too, I was always on the left and the CH's started switching sides during an attack. They would start light on the left and BANG hit hard on the right. Now all my CH's are on the right. This is not suppose to happen with clasic CH so it is probably Cluster/Migraine syndrome. Officially CH can on change sides from cycle to cycle, not during a cycle and not during an attack. It makes you sort of special.

Opus/Paul
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 9:38am »

All of my single attacks have been on the right side with the exception of 5.  The 5 that I have had on the left were worse (in pain intensity) than the average attacks that I have on the right.  This has been over the past 10 years, and I am chronic.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
KipBurbank

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Right now I am experiencing something new too.  Long all day left-sided, then both eyes with long tense pushing pain.  I tend to plant my thumb into the upper right corner of my left eye without noticing that I am doing it until someone says, "what are you doing?"

When I feel the headache switch to the otherside, I think the cycle is coming to a close, but that did happen this time then it came back to the left.  These all day medium grade annoying leftsided H.A. are bugging me.

IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 2:03pm »

on Nov 1st, 2003, 1:54pm, KipBurbank wrote:
These all day medium grade annoying leftsided H.A. are bugging me.  

Perhaps more than one condition here?
IP Logged

Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 3:50pm »

Quote:
This is not suppose to happen with clasic CH so it is probably Cluster/Migraine syndrome. Officially CH can on change sides from cycle to cycle, not during a cycle and not during an attack. It makes you sort of special.  

For me ... the first 12 years I was epesodic and ALL my attacks were on the right. Since I became chronic a little over 3 years ago...my attacks switched sides BUT CAN STILL HAPPEN ON EITHER SIDE AT ANYTIME! These are NOT "Cluster/Migraines !

IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 1st, 2003, 4:35pm »

on Nov 1st, 2003, 1:54pm, KipBurbank wrote:
Long all day left-sided, then both eyes with long tense pushing pain.

To me, this sounded like bilateral pain... That's why I suggested maybe more than one condition.
IP Logged

sheppard1
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 10:55am »

Thanks for the info.

It's starting to freak me out a little bit.

Last night's was on the left side.  This morning's on the right.  Same pain. Same intensity. Same duration.  Just different sides.

Again, this has never happened before, so I'm a little worried.    

Then again, during my cycles, I worry about everything....world peace, starving children, my head.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 2nd, 2003, 11:16am »

That's happened to my husband, too - usually one cycle will be all the same side and then on the other side, the next cycle.  It's been rare, but I have seen individual attacks switch sides - but only ever at the peak of a cycle when none of the meds are working.  Those ones are the worst. Sad

Take heart, though - what you're going through isn't unheard of and doesn't appear to mean that anything new is going on.  It's just the nature of this ugly beast.  It likes to scare the crap out of us every change it gets.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss