Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Way of the Samurai »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Way of the Samurai
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Way of the Samurai  (Read 340 times)
samurai

Email

Way of the Samurai
« on: Oct 29th, 2003, 8:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello again Everyone!
   First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for the warm and welcoming reception. I never dreamed, in 9 years, that I would be able to talk to someone who really understood the pain and frustration these headaches cause.  I'm really worried about my latest episode, the timing could not have been worse!
    From the beginning, my name is Jason and I am 27 years old. The name Samurai comes from a love of the martial arts. Through the arts I have embraced spirituality, learned discipline, and glimpsed beauty in the form of benevolent conflict resolution. I intend to study for the rest of my days.
    One year ago my quest for education and challenge led me to the Armed Forces. I want to go back to school, and I chose the National Guard for their great assistance programs. I also chose a very challenging ocupation.  
    Infantry.  
   I completed basic and advanced training at The Infantry School at Ft. Benning in Georgia as Soldier of the Cycle.  I was honored and excited to begin my reserve career and, hopefully, start school. Alas, it is not yet meant to be, 1 month ago my unit was placed on high alert and ordered to prepare for mobilization. Our orders don't specify our destination, but according to the intel guys we're going to Baghdad. The Sunni Triangle. The place where all the shooting's at. Normally I would have taken this in stride, but my headaches started shortly after, and if they don't stop soon I'm worried that I won't be allowed to go. Now, I don't exactly want to get shot at, but if my fellow soldiers are going, then I am going. I just pray that I can get healthy in time.
    Sorry if I'm rambling, but I'm feeling a little bit of stress. I appreciate the opportunity to vent.  Thanks,
           Jason
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: Way of the Samurai
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 8:48pm »

I guess you have not experienced the only self body abortive to a CH.....Adreniline!!!

If you go make sure you have the meds that work for you or dont go......extrem adrenilin rush works for alot of us as an abortive but you cant count on that on the battle field.

Whatever happens you have my thoughts (and they are mean ass thoughts)

Good luck

..................................jonny
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good luck to you Jason and God speed.

Yep the adrenalin will do wonders.
You are in all of our prayers.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:21pm »

Welcome to the board Jason,
Sorry you need us but glad you are here. I too like adrenalin so I have uploaded a little, well actually a big clip that I wish I had the balls to do. If you have broadband it takes about 5 minutes to load.....you prehistoric dial-up folks might as well take all night...it's about 10 meg, but very well worth the wait. I think it's a re-post but like I said, it's very very cool. I suggest right click and save as.

Look here.....remember...speed kills!   yikes

PFDAN's

IP Logged

Click The Flag
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:48pm »

Welcome to the board Jason.  I'm sending healing pain free vibes your way so you can stay with your unit.  Good luck and keep us posted !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 10:14pm »

Anuther brave soldier in the family....we are proud of you no matter what ya do samurai.........and as a UNIT in war together we send ya big healing vibes for whatever ya end up doin....goin or staying. Be safe vibes goin out to ya also from our unit to yours !! Pam the hidden war zone
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

samurai

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 12:30am »

Thank you.
   I appreciate the support. I am hopeful that it will all work out, and by my estimation I should be able to deploy on schedule. My episodes usually run from 3-5 weeks and I'm on my fourth week now. I usually get 2 years between episodes, so I should be fine, deployments are one year approx.
   There's a good chance that we'll mobilize for our train up in November.  
    I actually discovered "adrenaline treatment" by accident years ago. I was going crazy with a nasty headache and I needed something to do that wasn't self-destructive, so I took a wooden practice sword out in the yard and started hacking away vigorously at imaginary oppenents. I got some relief, but as soon as I stopped it came back. I did get a good workout though.
         Jason
IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 12:48am »

Goodluck Samurai  bigguns
Unsolved

PS...If you've got a high speed connection and Windows Media Player... Click here
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2003, 12:54am by Unsolved » IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 12:48am »

as we have all discovered in our own way...whatever works for ya!   is the right thing!

I discovered by accident that coffee helped me.  I've always drank coffee, but one time I thought I needed to drink an even stronger version.  Sure enough it helped.

Good for you,  to come back here to tell us of your plans.  We're here almost 24/7   and we'll try to help you any way we can.

LindaH
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
samurai

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 4:01am »

Coffee Rules! biggrin
  I'm from Seattle, so I drink coffee 24/7. It works as a mild vasoconstrictor, but it doesn't seem to do much for my headaches. Undecided

Unsolved, that's a good song. Music Rules too! headbanger
         Jason
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 6:51am »

I wish you the best of luck and I agree about coffee. Mine is tough enough to patch blacktop.  

If you stick around, you find good ideas about dealing with this horror and some bizarre folk as well.  

The best of luck to you and glad you found us.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
ZAIRA
New Board Hall of Famer
Italy 

Brave to Stand !!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 10:03am »

I’m late…. Welcome home, Jason!!

In this site you will find all support and necessary information to face CH.  

Get all courage…. Good luck, Zaira Grin
IP Logged

Love yourself, Love others, Love often, Forever!
Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 10:31am »

hiya

I hope your feelin' better soon!

Gena  

IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss