Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 11:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Ok, Southerners, Let's Do It! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Ok, Southerners, Let's Do It!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ok, Southerners, Let's Do It!  (Read 1389 times)
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Ok, Southerners, Let's Do It!
« on: Oct 26th, 2003, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I need some feedback on having a gathering at my house....I really want to meet some of my fellow sufferers and supporters that live near me...Our last venture got messed up due to the fact of family obligations but as of friday, I am FREE and would love to entertain in my home again....Would love to know how many of you would be interested in traveling to SC to have a get together......please give me some ideas here...I am off every other weekend...I was off this weekend so you can figure out dates from that... Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

Re: Ok, Southerners, Let's Do It!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 11:41pm »

I'd be interested Nancy!

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 11:47pm »

OK, that sounds great...so let's get some ideas rolling...Chuck, where are you, bro? We got to come up with a date for this thing..... Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 11:54pm »

Should I feel honored now?  NancyC wants my body?  Ohhh!!!!  I'm all a flutter ... hee hee ...

Let's see, you were off this weekend ... that means the 8th and 9th you are off ... that works of rmw, or most any date ... I am all for it, as you know, I am jes waitin' fer the date and time !!!    

Chuck

PS: I enjoyed our phone call tonight ...
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 12:32am »

OK, Mr.Flutter...Let's just hope I can put this gathering together better than I can work a computer or put a damn pin on DJ's map  Grin...We will talk this week and get back to all those interested, OK?  Since you are obviously going to be the brains of this gathering, Chuck.  Grin  NOW, who else is going to get to come to South Carolina?  Brian, I know you and your wife are going to drop by..you just live down the street...nancyc Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2003, 12:35am by nancyc » IP Logged
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 10:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Let me know when and where and I'll see whats I can do.  I am in the middle of a major software impelmentation project which I am heading up.  If I am not sleeping here at the office, you KNOW I'll be there, Nancy!!!!!

You can call me at work too if'n you wish.  You have me number.

B
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 11:31am »

Hey Nancy....our schedule is pretty hectic right now with our youngest and her soccer schedule, end of the season tournaments, etc.....

Let me know the date when it's settled and I'll see what our schedule looks like.....if we're free that weekend, we'll be there.   Grin

Mia
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 11:33am »

Mia, you gotta come ...you cant leave me here with all these clusterbros... Grinnancyc  PS..if i plan it for weekend after next, can you make it then? let me know OK?
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2003, 11:34am by nancyc » IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 4:11pm »

Nancy - are you talking about the weekend of November 7th?  If so, afraid not....we have soccer until that weekend and then tournaments the following weekend....Actually soccer isn't really over with post season stuff until after the 1st weekend in December...which is really cutting it close to Christmas......

How far of a drive is it from Atlanta - any idea?  We may just drive up after the game or something like that.....

Keep me posted on the actual date.....

Mia
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 5:20pm »

Mia, it looks like a 3 to 3 1/2 hour drive from Atlanta.  You can do that!

Tracy (Roxy) how about you?  Want a break from catching catfish?  We wanna meetcha!  Looking at the old reliable Rand McNally, it looks like about a 6 to 7 hour drive.  Cumon down fer a Great week end break!

5-String, I thought you were in Virginia?  I just looked, and you have your pin in Baltimore?  Did you recently move?

Mikey, Bob Johnson, KimM, how about you three?  It is a real short drive for you folks.  Y'all could even car pool it!

MarkC how about you too?

NancyC foolishly opened her house to us, let's show her how bad a bunch off CH'ers can trash her place!!! heehee !!!

Maybe I should send out an email to each of you.

Are there any others out there?

Chuck

PS: NancyC, are you getting scared yet?  heehee ...
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:20am »

NO, i am not scared yet...remember my kids stayed at my house for a year  Grin......I really want to get some date set in stone ...so if we can get some more folks responding, we will start the ball rolling....Chuck, give me a call on the cellphone after 9 tomorrow nite at work..OK?  Grinnancyc ..the brave southern clusterchick
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:21am by nancyc » IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 9:30am »

Chuck - Nancy....

What about Elaine?  I haven't seen her response yet.....maybe she could hop a ride up with us if she's interested and if our schedule works out w/ the dates.....

Mia
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 11:16am »

I was thinking the same thing, MIa and definetly had not forgotten Elaine and Buddy...I really want to meet Buddy, he seems like a real angel..I am so happy for him and Elaine...I have been working alot and not gotten out any emails though..wanted to get a date before i send any out.. I really pray they get to come..Every clusterhead needs to meet Elaine...I met her in Atlanta and got to see her again in Florida..Since you cant make Nov 8th, can you come Nov. 16th? This would give me time to organize my house since the kids are moving out......Let me know OK?  I really want alot of us Clusterheads to meet...There is nothing like it, sis...I am willing to do all the work to make this a success for us all! So everyone , Please let me know something as soon as possible...Let's have some fun in the SOUTH!  Grin Grinnancyc
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2003, 11:24am by nancyc » IP Logged
KimM

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 11:37am »

Hey Nancy, Mikey's wife here.  Definately gotta try to get down there, you're not far at all from us.  He's been having such a bad time lately that I would be afraid to say a definate yes myself but I've got to get him hooked up with you about this.  Sounds great to me!   sayyes

Kim
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 11:44am »

Kim, that is wonderful.....I am really getting excited now...gonna talk to Chuck tonite...does Nov. 16th sound good to you guys?  I really want to get the emails out this week to everyone in this area..SC, NC, Ga, VA, FL ...LMAO....I would love to see my house packed with clusterheads....the experience of meeting other folks with chs is one you will never ever forget...I will get back to you and Mikey real soon...And remember, Don't let him stay away cause of having chs...we will have plenty of ammunition here and what better place to be than with a bunch of folks that understand what he is going thru? Plus, Chuck is going thru the same thing so he sure wont be alone with the beast.. Grin Grinnancyc
IP Logged
KimM

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:24pm »

Hey Nancy, yep, 16th sounds fine.  Gettin' right excited here!   biggrin  This is something Mike has been wanting to do for quite a while, and me too.  We do feel so isolated, even from withith our own families, with ch.  A chance to meet people face to face who actually have a freakin clue as to how we live and what we face each and every day sounds like an unbelievable oppourtunity.  Can't see us missing it for the world!   Wink

Later!   Roll Eyes

Kim
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:42pm »

DAMN, i was really hopin i could sneak back on the mb and not let anyone know i had a blonde moment...i am NOT off on the 16th...i am off on the 8th and the 22nd...and that is rite before Thanksgiving...do you see why i need you guys to help me figure out when this thing is going to be?  Grin  My Neuro told me they call Topamax, Dopeymax...and I truly understand why....Kim , I will get back to you as soon as we set the date ..OK...hopefully with some help, I will get it rite this time LOL... Grinnancyc
IP Logged
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 12:52pm »

I am flexible Nancy. I can come on any Saturday of your choice. Maybe even a Sunday also! Just set the date, and there will be a 90% chance i can make it!

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:29am »

OK, you  southerners...I am bumping this post....Chuck and I talked tonite...we are meeting on Saturday, Nov. 8th..time not set...place not set...first we are meeting to eat then going to my house ....so, let's get this together.....There are cluster gatherings all over the world, why not in South Carolina?  We arent that far behind , are we?   Grinnancyc  PS cant wait to meet you Chuck, Patrick, Kim, Mikey, Brian and I hope to see Elaine and Buddy!
IP Logged
KimM

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 9:58am »

Nov. 8th is just fine and dandy with us Nancy.  Just spit  

out the time and place and there we'll be.  Grin  Can't  

wait!!   thumb

Kim   Wink
IP Logged
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #20 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 10:38am »

It sounds like there is a party and this Northern girl is way to far away to get there ........ but then again ???????????????  Watch out !!!!!!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 11:34am »

OHHHHH, I am getting excited.....IT is finally starting to come together...thanks to ClusterChuck....With me working every nite, he is helping iron out all the details....we have decided to meet somewhere and eat first, then come to my house....we are in the process today of deciding where to eat...Brian Y. is helping us with this decision....and then we set the time...all the details will be ironed out by tomorrow and posted....but the date is definetly November 8th.....I will get all the emails out this week.....SO, make your plans for Nov. 8th...I promise I am off that weekend  Grin and ready to meet all my new clusterhead friends in Columbia, SC!!!  Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #22 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 1:54pm »

Nancy,

Even though we are on a tight schedule, please include me in your email....I want to check out the times, etc. against our schedule and see if there is something I can work out....

Speak to you soon,
Mia
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 1:18am »

I am about to CRY!!!!  I came home tonite from work...got really hurt by a situation close to home and felt so defeated....Then, i clicked on my puter...and low and behold, my emails were loaded with replies from clusterheads who are interested in our cluster meeting NOV. 8th....I started tearing up then....YOU guys are my Salvation....when my whole world is falling apart, you are here for ME! THANK YOU!!! We have another detail worked out....THE meeting is going to be Sat. Nov. 8th at 1pm....We will be meeting for lunch right off I-26 for lunch and then come to my house...I will post on Friday the name of the place we will meet...After we eat, everyone is invited to my house...I really hope anyone close by makes every attempt to make it because meeting with clusterheads is a fantastic, beautiful , life changing experience that you will never forget...smiles,nancyc
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2003, 1:20am by nancyc » IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #24 on: Oct 30th, 2003, 9:28am »

Well Nancy - I've got some potentially good news for you this morning....    Grin

The soccer game is at 10:30 in the morning and will probably last until at least noon, then I think Barb and I will head up to SC for a visit w/ my fellow ch'ers.  We won't make the lunch, but we'll surely be able to make the gathering at your house afterwards.  I'm really excited about this since I've only met Elaine (which I think I was blessed with her being my first ch'er to meet) and I'm looking forward to meeting many more.

Can you email me with your cell and home numbers...I know how us ch'ers like to chat and you guys could still be at lunch by the time we drive our 4 hours up there!  Wink  Also make sure to include me with the email you send out with directions and the rest of the details - oh yeah and a hotel close by to you would be great too.

Thanks Nancy and Chuck for trying to get this all together one more time......I'm keeping my fingers crossed tighter than ever!   sayyes

Mia
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss