Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 5:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Alcohol, Orgies and Other Fun Things.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Alcohol, Orgies and Other Fun Things....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Alcohol, Orgies and Other Fun Things....  (Read 537 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

Alcohol, Orgies and Other Fun Things....
« on: Oct 26th, 2003, 11:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, now that I've got your attention..... Grin

The Tyler Meet and Greet..... Roll Eyes

Since I'm OLD and get lost easily, I got there early (always start out early in case I get lost and need to get directions). I was sitting out on the "porch" at Red Lobster when this "stud" on a "bike" drives up. He pointed at me and I pointed at him and our eyes met and we both KNEW....  

Well, after the hugging got over with, we sat and talked for a while. I kept calling him Mik. He finally corrected me and told me he was STEVE! Heck, I knew he was a clusterhead - how did I know he was Steve?We just hugged - we didn't get around to NAMES!  He rode that BIKE for 5 hours from Austin!!!!!  

We're sitting there talking, when this car drives up with a little blonde guy - he points and we point (had a thing for pointing Saturday) and then I yell "MIK" (hey, I'm slow, but I catch on eventually - two guys are coming to the meet - I'm sitting with Steve - this one's got to be Mik - right?). He finds a parking place and we get back to the hugging. He had a "camera which we told him to put in his pocket, but we think he sneaked pics anyhow. Now the conversations ran from clusters to teddy bears to airplanes to clusters to OUCH to high school to work to clusters to whatever. But we talked nonstop.

It was getting on to two o'clock and Donna had not arrived and we were getting a little "parched" from thirst so we decided to mosey on inside and get a table. A few minutes after we sat down, this nice lady appears and Mik jumps up and says, "Donna?" and the huggin' began all over again.  

We talked and had a few "cool" ones and talked and ate and talked and talked and then the sun began to slowly start to sink and Steve began to get fidgety about driving at night so he HAD to go. That was the SAD part about the gathering... the saying goodbyes. I hate that part...  

A while later - Mik had to leave and another goodbye. Then Donna and I sat there till after the sun had gone down and the roosters had been asleep for hours just talking and saying, "I've really got to get home," but finding something else to talk about. When we finally did leave the table (to the waiter's relief) we stood outside and talked for a long time more.  

It was a GREAT day in Texas and I only wish everyone of the clusterheads in this area could have been there. Mik said he'd only met one clusterhead and Steve had only met one. Donna didn't know any.  Donna (and her family) had misgivings about her coming to meet with us (we might me axe murderers and all that - you never know), but she's a brave person and came anyhow. Five seconds into it - she KNEW we were not going to kill her and bury her in the back yard.  

Our next get together will be after Jean gets home. We're all looking forward to meeting her.  

One other note. Steve is looking for an armidillo. We all tried to be helpful - told him he could pick one up on the road on his way back to Austin, but he said he didn't have room on his bike to carry it. If anyone has one laying around PLEASE send it to Steve. He really has a "thing" about this....

The one thing that "bonds" us is that when we get together, we can talk about our headaches and not worry about the other "understanding" what we're talking about. We could laugh about Mik running into a wall and knocking himself out cold; we could sympathize with Steve about his superintendent not reading his letter about CH and saying, "Oh you have headaches?"; we could understand Donna's mother-in-law offering her aspirin. Guess you could say - We could just RELAX with each other even though we'd never met before. Like I've said before - you can't describe it - you just gotta experience it..

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

Re: Alcohol, Orgies and Other Fun Things....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 12:02pm »

So you are telling me that you met a stud last nite..and you did not kidnap him and take him home with you...damn, sis...you are getting better....I will let the florida crew know that you dont need therapy anymore.  Grinnancyc
IP Logged
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 12:11pm »

Gosh Barb...it sounds like you guys had a blast!!  I'm jealous!  But I'm so shy...I would always be afraid of those awkward silences...the not knowing what to say next thing you know?  Or saying something stupid...which is really more like me than not saying anything at all!  LMAO  

I'm glad you had a good time!  Looking forward to the pictures that weren't taken! hehe
hugs
Ann
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 12:35pm »

Ann

When I met with Ross (arby), there were no "awkward silences"   LOL.  Instead, we kept finishing each others sentences.

Would really like go meet more clusterheads...

grant
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 1:47pm »

In the years I've met a few hundred clusterheads - SILENCE has NEVER been the problem. Getting a word in edgewise maybe, but NEVER silence.  

It's amazing how much you can find to talk about without trying.  

And Nancy, I did tell about your toe-nail painting party... too many mudslides..... Poor Andy aka BT...
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 1:57pm »

There's no awkward moments when ya have that common bond. If ya say sumthin stupid laugh at yerself and everyone will laugh with ya not at ya. A lill trick I learned along the way since I have the stupid tendency's gene. Did ya get any pics......esp of the stud on the bike ! I'd love ta start a CH biker pics spot on my rec room wall ! Pam that's never been guilty of bein too smart
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 2:03pm »

Pam , I wanna picture too...my room is too gloomy looky...i need some stud pictures on it...send all your stud pictures to me and Cootie...rite away... Grinnancyc  PS as far as nothing to say with a clusterhead, that does not happen...if it does, just paint their toe nails, it works for me.
IP Logged
Miklos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 2:50pm »

Sneaked only one picture as I was driving up. Steve (N4H) is on the left. Then put camera away as per request.  

Lots of fun with three genuinely friendly people. Waiter was the pits though.

Tis true, it's not the silences. It's getting the words in edgewise.  Interrupt Barbara though, and you get smacked with a bread stick.
IP Logged

Don't be offended by my frank analysis. Think of it as personality dialysis.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 3:54pm »

Miklos, you lied.
Not4 ain't that big and ugly!

Smiley
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 4:25pm »

Glad ya'll had a great time together, nothing like meeting people with whom you are immediately comfortable.  Like was stated above.....there are no awkard silences when clusterheads gather...... laugh  

Wish I hadn't been stuck up here in Virginia, would have loved to join the party... Cry.  

Maybe next time....... Grin

IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

Tyler: The place where armadillos go...
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 5:32pm »

...to meet their cousins, the LOBSTEROIDS...

Quote:

... one picture as I was driving up. Steve (N4H) is on the left. Then put camera away...

yeah, mik...like Barb's and my mustaches could be confused...  Grin

...and it IS amazing to meet another CHer... try it first chance you get--you will not forget the instant bond...

the 500 miles...15 bucks
the annoying waiter...16 bucks
the odor of Roadkillus Texanis(armadillo) ...free
the fellowship of clusterheads...priceless
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 6:05pm »

Ok, next time Roxy and Jean will be there -- Bigger table -- Different waiter  -- No STEE - FEN  Cheesy????  

And Mik that wasn't a break stik that was your celery stik!!! Get your facts straight if you're gonna tell this!!!! Tongue

We still got that call out for armidillos for Steve. Gotta have one....  

BD
IP Logged

Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 9:41pm »

Well, just like yesterday, I am a little late in arriving.  LOL.

I just want everyone to know that meeting Barbara, Miklos and Steve yesterday was probably one of the biggest thrills of my life!!  I felt like I had finally met kindred spirits.  We laughed, talked, shared life experiences (CH and Non-CH related) and at times even cried.  

If these three people (Barbara, Miklos and Steven) are any indication of what the rest of clusterheads are like then I am tempted to take off cross-country and hunt down each and every clusterhead out there. I mean that in a good way!  There have not been many times in my life where I felt completely and totally at ease when meeting new people.   Yesterday, I was greeted with smiles and open arms, hearts and minds.  

I have to admit that I was very nervous about meeting everyone yesterday.  I flip-flopped all day long~~should I go, shouldn't I go.  That was one of the reasons I was late.  Finally, it occured to me, this was the first chance I would have to meet people who knew exactly what I knew.  Cluster Headaches really do hurt.  No one said, oh just get over it, no one offered me an asprin, no one rolled their eyes when I said my head hurt so bad sometimes that I just felt like dying.  I talked to these people and saw it in their eyes and felt it in my heart that they truly cared.   We listened to each others stories and ideas, hopes and dreams, likes and dislikes, similarities and differences.  I almost went into a panic when Steve said he had to go (long ride and getting late).   I was afraid that it was like in the chat rooms, when one person exits a chain reaction is created and everyone "goes home".  Miklos stayed a little longer and then he also needed to get on the road.  That left Barbara and I.  We talked and talked, and then talked some more.  She was excited about my enthusiasm for OUCH and my offer to do the newsletter.  She listened to all the little personal details about my life and I about hers.  We talked for hours as if we had been friends since childhood.  I am in awe of her complete and total committment to CH and OUCH.  

I voiced some concerns to her about what was happening over on the business board on OUCH.  I was afraid that just when I found all of you that I would lose you.  From a "newbie" point of view that is how it seems.  Barbara told me not to worry.  She said that while from all outward appearances it may seem that everyone is bickering and arguing with each other but really it is more like a bunch of brothers and sisters.  "We may not agree with each other all the time and we may seem like we are fighting but at the end of the day we all have the same common goal.  A cure for CH."  I hope this is true.  I am not one who is easily convinced.  So I will be hoping and praying and watching.

Barbara told me about the countless number of people all working behind the scenes to help keep CH.com and OUCH moving forward into the future.  I learned how OUCH started (in a garage in New York) I learned about the growing pains it has gone through, and was amazed at the sheer dedication and devotion that this volunteer organization has put forth in such a short time and all for the greater good of its members. Heck, I even learned why you shouldn't send Jonny on a beer run!! LOL.  But I think the thing that made the biggest impact on me was that everyone who tirelessly and sometimes thanklessly (and there are MANY of you out there) volunteers thier time and energy to OUCH~  DOES SO WHILE DEALING WITH THE AGONY OF CH (either directly or indirectly).  

I applaude each and every person who has put forth the effort to create this haven for CH sufferers and their families/supporters.   Without you we would all still be "adrift in a sea of pain, ignorance and lonliness".

Since the end of my last episode (about two weeks ago) I have been in a deep blue mood.   A case of the poor pitiful me's for lack of better terminology.  I felt alone.  Yesterday three "strangers"  lifted my spirits so high that I smiled all the way home and am still smiling at this moment.  If I could only bottle the love, compassion and passion for life that surrounded these folks.  

These message boards can only relay the written word.

They cannot show the look of love in Miklos' eyes when he speaks about his wife and her passion for teddy bears.

They cannot show Steve's voracious appetite for life and the exicitement that lights up his face when he talks about his next "quest" to meet another fellow clusterhead.

They cannot show the compassion in Barbara's voice for fellow clusterheads and the look of determination in her face when she talks about OUCH and finding a cure for CH .

And they certainly cannot show the love I have in my heart for my three new friends or the respect I have for all those who made this place what it is today and for all those working towards a better tomorrow.

Thank You, I Love You All and I promise that next time I will be on time (now that I know you are not all axe-murderers!!)

From the bottom of my joy-filled heart.

Donna D.
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 9:53pm »

Now, you got me crying and homesick to see all my clusterbuds again, Donna...so well said , sis...so well said... Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 10:26pm »

Donna,
You HAVE to go to the convention.
You think 3 people are good (the goodbyes are always bad) you need to try 40!!
Smiley
Glad you got to meet some of the family.
Mst
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 26th, 2003, 10:49pm »

Ok, Nancy, I've about got this figured out. I'm planning to drive to convention - Donna doesn't live that far from me.. She can ride with me - Now how much room do we have left in that room -- oh what difference does it make - we'll find room - I already warned her about your "bathroom featish" - She can handle that.  

Now the big question - do you have enough toenail polish?   ???  

Donna Plan on a babysitter for convention... We're planning on YOU going....  

And Donna, you do write eloquenly. I got a lump too. But I don't cry - I don't cry... oh what the heck....

Hugs BD

IP Logged

Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 12:35am »

I have PLENTY of toe nail polish....

I'm all for going to the convention.

You know, life really CAN be wonderful every now and again!

Donna D.
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 12:45am »

BRING The toenail polish...we are gonna have a blast....There is nothing more fun than clusterheads getting together...dont guess I am gonna get to paint too many toenails at the SC gathering..think we are gonna have more men than women at this one  Grin Hell, that never stopped me before, did it barb ?  Cant wait to meet you, Donna!  Grinnancyc
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 1:43am »

Now I am scared!  Do I REALLY want to go down and meet with Nancy?  I DON"T look good with bright red toenails!  Now fuscia is a different story ...

Chuck
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2003, 1:43am by ClusterChuck » IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 2:18am »

Andy only got a choice between red and pink. Fuchia she MIGHT could handle, but you gotta remember she's a blonde! Don't give her too many choices.... Undecided

Hugs BD
IP Logged

nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 2:46am »

I just counted and I have ten different shades of polish here..and CVS is having a sale this week too...gotta run, toby's need a second coat ... Cheesynancyc
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 4:53am »

Ok Barb I must admit I have clicked on this thread atleast 3 diff times cause of the title!  Every time after the first time I say to myself DUH ohjez looked at this one already!
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #22 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 10:18am »

Bonding..... Grin lovely!

Best wishes & PFdays,
sandie99
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 3:50pm »

Chuck,

I have fuschia nail polish...get yourself to the convention!

Donna D.
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #24 on: Oct 27th, 2003, 4:08pm »

OOOPPPSSSSSS!!!!!   I think I am in deep doo-doo here ...

Well, fuschia is fine, but it MUST be the right shade of fuschia ... After all, I can't have it clashing with my eye shadow ...

Chuck
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2003, 4:09pm by ClusterChuck » IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss