Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Developing alergy to Imitrex, I think »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Developing alergy to Imitrex, I think
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Developing alergy to Imitrex, I think  (Read 216 times)
KipBurbank

Email

Developing alergy to Imitrex, I think
« on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[b][/b][color=Blue][/color]  I think that I am now alergic to the imitrex injection.  I have, when in my cycle, taken the imitrex injection as the only abortive measure that actually works.  Considering it's downfall, specifically rebound, it always works for me.  The injections never really hurt before except for the sting of the needle, still that was so insignificant I never made notice of it.

But now, lately, the injections really hurt.  I usually inject them in my arm between the bicept and tricept.  If I can't do that spot, my leg or upper butt area.  No matter where now, it hurts bad.  The injection feels like it's burning, like acid.  I now brace myself and prepare to make sure I don't pull off the statdose pen before the chemical is all in.  But it's hard.  I am concerned now that I am alergic to it.  I have been getting big welts around the injection site, like the size of a quarter.

Over my life I have taken about 500 injections and in the past 2 months 75 to 100 injections. Only the past month has this burning, welting reaction ocurred.  Currently I am down to 2 to 3 shotsa week since my H.A. cycle is stopping.  

This is odd, but interesting.

Kip
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: Developing alergy to Imitrex, I think
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Could the needles themselves have anything ta do with 'that'....I'm jus a supporter here but I do give all my dogs and pups in my kennel there vaccinations and have had trouble with the needles that 'come' with the vaccines on the syringes....they seem dull or sumthing. I buy the needles by the box and switch before I inject. I've had "several" pups or even dogs YELP with the needles that come on the vaccine syringes and get a big lump verses useing the other ones I buy and switch  with RARE occurences of that. They seem to hurt the animal and bother them later. Jus a thought that's all.........Pam that HATES needles  twocents

Skin texture and density 'can' change also with age as do reactions to every day things (meds can change things too long term).....so it's prolly a 'good' question for your pharmasist or doctor actually !?
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:27pm by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 2:00pm »

Kip,  sounds very familiar.  I get the large welts, very red and then eventually they turn into a bruise on my thigh.  I try to only inject in alternating thighs - I'm too much of a sissy for the arms  Wink

I too experience the burning sensation - and I've noticed the more injections I take during the cycle, the more they burn.

If you're really concerned I'd mention it to your doc, but I personally think that's pretty normal.  Good point about the dull needles Pam - never really thought about that.  Kip are you re-using your needles?

Mia
IP Logged
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 2:31pm »

Hi there

As far as i know the burning feeling is pretty normal.We have had a meeting about this with Glaxo here in Norway about that.They say it is normal and nothing to do with it.Think it has to do with the needles they are using to the shots

Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss