Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 29th, 2024, 7:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Bob P will be missed! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Bob P will be missed!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bob P will be missed!  (Read 606 times)
Elaine

Email

Bob P will be missed!
« on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When I think of OUCH Bob I think of you, kind of like I think of DJ when I think of ch.com! You leaving was a shock. You deserve a medal for staying as long as you did and putting up with all the ladies ( cause you know women don't have clusters Wink  Wink I am glad your working with Cal OUCH! I am glad you haven't left us for good!  

You take care. I changed the subject on this post, OUCH will always be here no matter what.  Be happy and try to be good Smiley!
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:50pm by Elaine » IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: OUCH died tonight in my book!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ummmmm
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:15pm »

DAMMIT  Angry
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
ShariRae
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

83098455 83098455    
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:17pm »

????????????????????????????
Shari
IP Logged

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:18pm »

on Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:17pm, ShariRae wrote:
????????????????????????????

That sums up my thoughts on this.
IP Logged

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:38pm »

What the hell happened ???  Elaine, OUCH will have to continue on without him; don't get me wrong .. he will be missed, and it will never be the same without him.  

But what the hell happened ???  Is it something personal that he needs our support perhaps ???????  I can't imagine him ducking out for no good reason, sorry, he's just too good a guy.  
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:38pm »

Go to the OUCH site and read... it will put your ??? 's at ease... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:59pm »

I have not been able to get on the OUCH site all night so I am at a loss as to why Bob left. I am sure he has his reasons, he is an intelligent man.  

That being said I am a little taken aback by ther whole organization failing because of one man....is OUCH not more than just Bob....no offense Bob, I do not know what is going on.

I plan on doing the best of my ability to promote the understanding of Clusterheadaches, with or with Bob, or any other member or officer. OUCH is bigger than that, ain't it?

I understand people become close after working together for so long and being so passionate about such a cause...OUCH would not be where it is without Bob......but we must move foward.

Please don't take this wrong but if one person leaving is all it takes to collaspe the entire organization then there is not a solid foundation to begin with....or Bob has been doing way more than his share of the workload. (Which I am sure is true)

I look at this as growing pain...we will have more I am sure....lets just not lose sight about what OUCH is for. Liking everyone involved is not a requirment to get the message out.

As soon as I can get the OUCH site to load and I can read what has happened I may change my tune....but if all it is is another personality conflict I am not impressed...don't we have more important things to do than argue?

My two cents worth, and I hope no-one is angry at me for expressing my opnion.

PFDAN's
Mark
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:06pm »

on Oct 22nd, 2003, 9:59pm, Mark C wrote:
Please don't take this wrong but if one person leaving is all it takes to collaspe the entire organization then there is not a solid foundation to begin with....

AMEN!

I read the board there...although there appears to be some differences, I saw nothing that would have preempted the decision.  I am certain it goes much deeper than the text posted.
IP Logged

Marc
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:54pm »

Elaine,

I seriously doubt that most people on this board today are aware of even a fraction of what Bob has done for OUCH, and ch.com for that matter. Hell, most of the people posting on ch.com don't even visit the OUCH site on a regular basis.  

Anyone who is aware, also knows that losing his active participation is a HUGE loss to OUCH. I can only hope that he returns after taking a break.  

In the mean time, we have an election coming.........

Marc
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:02pm »

This is not good.

Without a doubt, a HUGE loss...

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 11:19pm »

just read the thread with the vote --- sounded like Abbott and Costello to me Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:04am »

Naw.......this is no big deal with Bob leaving an elected position.....not at all. First......we'll do our BEST to find enough people to even FILL the vacant OUCH positions.....let alone a choice of candidates. Then, we can find somebody to insult for years on end, that pays attention to a website 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.

No worries,
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 12:06am »

Yeah I don't understand what happen'd either........I  can't believe it cuz he's been here as long as I've beena round and beyond.....seem'd like a very big part of it all. Pam that don't git it but then that happen's alot in my tiny world
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 2:09am »

Finally read some stuff. Nothing there scared me. After all, Bob has done it all while goofs like me come here and have fun most of the time.  Poor guy may need a break.  

Not gonna give you free medical though Bob    Roll Eyes

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:13am »

WinkEasy folks.  OUCH isn't going anywhere.  It also isn't any one person.  OUCH is 1200 members strong and growing by leaps and bounds.  It will always be here and just get better.

You've got some good people leading the group and a good crop of new officers waiting to add their talents.  It will be good!  Grab hold of Cat's enthusiasm and energy and help her out wherever you can.  I'd hate to see that well run dry.

As for me, I'm not resigning because of what anyone has said or done, not because of any vote nor any actions taken.  I'm just tired.  I've been thinking about this for a while now.  It's gotten harder for me to turn on the computer at night to make changes to the site or answer the inbox full of e-mails.  As a result, questions aren't being answered and people are left hanging.  I don't like tht feeling.  You need someone with new enthusiasim to take over.

I'll still be around the MB, posting links to articles in answer to peoples questions about CH.  Particularly the newbies who are wondering what this fucking pain is in their heads.  That's one of the main reasons OUCH is here.  Help them out folks.

Tell the BoD what YOU would like to see happen with OUCH.  Give them a shitload of ideas for projects and let them prioitize and take them on.  Offer to help by joining one of the project teams when they are formed.  Don's looking for people for the Budget and Bylaws teams right now.  Go volunteer.  You'll feel good about having really done something concrete for OUCH.

For now, you'll find me haging around the CalOUCH site and trying to help out there, whereever I can.  Their Director, Linda H. is a trooper.  Should be fun.

Peace.

Oh, and SHUT UP HUB!

Bob P
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:29am »

Bob,
Thank you VERY MUCH for all you have done for OUCH.  
A big huge two thumbs up.
 thumbsup thumbsup

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #17 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:06am »

Thanks for all you have done ... and like the previous post ... I say  thumbsup thumbsup two thumbs up !!!!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:08am »

Bob,
and Elaine,
I so much appreciate all the hard work...above and beyond...that you've done over the years.
Thanks so much.

Last nite, as I gave myself a shot in my thigh, holding a cold cloth on my eye, concentrating on BREATHING...I thought about OUCH.
But I can't cry, because crying is a trigger for me.

Mast
be part of the solution
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:22am »

on Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:54pm, Marc wrote:
Elaine,

I seriously doubt that most people on this board today are aware of even a fraction of what Bob has done for OUCH, and ch.com for that matter. Anyone who is aware, also knows that losing his active participation is a HUGE loss to OUCH.

Well said, Marc.  Definitely the end of an era.  Bob, thank you so much for raising OUCH to what it is today - and for working so hard to instill much needed professionalism.  

and then to see comments like these:

"sounded like Abbott and Costello to me"  
"I am a little taken aback by ther whole organization failing because of one man"
"Naw.......this is no big deal with Bob leaving an elected position.....not at all"  .......all I can say is  wtf nono

I realize I am taking the last two comments out of context and that the messages in those last two posts were ones of encouragement and a "carry on" spirit, but honestly - most people have NO idea how much Bob Pahlow HAS contributed.  

I don't blame you a little bit, Bob - you've deserve a well-earned break from all this.   hug
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:47am »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:22am, Margi wrote:
and then to see comments like these:

"sounded like Abbott and Costello to me"  

I realize I am taking the last two comments out of context and that the messages in those last two posts were ones of encouragement and a "carry on" spirit, but honestly - most people have NO idea how much Bob Pahlow HAS contributed.  

i realize i could have been more clear  

all what i was saying is after reading the events of the past day on the OUCH board, i could imagine there was a lot of frustration -----  
"who votes?"      
"is it a '2/3 vote' or majority?", etc...

sounds like there is a total lack of communication resulting in frustration

sorry - i wasn't really thinking at the time --- was a little pre-occupied/elated with other things that had happened in the last day
grant
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:48am by brain_cramps » IP Logged
CathiP

Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:47am »

There is soooo much talent here, and soooo much motivation......OUCH deserves the best Clusterville has....because Clusterville deserves solutions.
In any organization, there are the drivers....Bob has been a fantastic driver, and I suspect he will continue...but many others are out there, waiting for their turn at the wheel. Please remember, Bob is one of MANY who work tirelessly here.....band together, add more support to the organization......and

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE TARGET
To Catlind, Don, Elaine, Mast, Linda, and soooo many others I am being remiss in omitting, keep up the excellent work!
Cathi
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:48am by YR_FREINDCATHI » IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #22 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:36pm »

Bob, I really hate to see you go.  I know you said OUCH isn't one person, but you have been an extremely large part of OUCH.  Thank you for all you have done, and all your hours of hard work.  It is much appreciated, but I can understand your being tired.  You have done so much, and you deserve a well earned rest.  

I hope you will still come and hang out at ch.com...... Grin
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
jonny

Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:53pm »

I wouldnt worry to much about, Boob  Grin

Bob deserves a damn break more than anyone that is working or has worked for OUCH!!

Thanks for all you have done, Bro  thumb

....................................jonny  guyflash
IP Logged
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #24 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 6:01pm »

Bob,

Thank you for your candid reply
& all your hard work.

bow

Get some rest.

From the looks of that picture,
you are going to need it.
 Wink

Too funny jonny, WTG!

KingOfPain
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2003, 6:04pm by KingOfPain » IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss